Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chronicles of Narnia

Go down 
+5
Savannah
Carol
Misti
LIWnut
bethandmanly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Chronicles of Narnia Bokmal10

Chronicles of Narnia Empty
PostSubject: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 pm

We just got back from seeing The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Awesome in 3D. If you liked the first two movies, you'll definitely want to see this one! Movie Popcorn

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Chronicles of Narnia Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:09 am

I really want to see this one. I might have to go by myself and see it.

Chronicles of Narnia MarilynKeeper Chronicles of Narnia Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Chronicles of Narnia Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:09 am

Now that you've seen it I'm curious; some reviews say the two oldest children aren't in it & some say that they have cameos in it; can you elaborate?

Chronicles of Narnia HummerChronicles of Narnia MistiKeeperChronicles of Narnia Bookclub5Chronicles of Narnia Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Peter and Susan only have cameos. Peter & Susan are in America, whereas, Lucy and Edmund are still in England. There is no explanation why the kids have been separated. Susan's face appears once--which I think you see in the trailer--and then Susan and Peter are seen in one of Lucy's dreams.

I've never read the books, so I don't know if there is an explanation in them for why the kids were separated.

This movie took the top spot at the box office this week, though it opened to smaller audiences than the first two movies did. Other than us, there were only 3 other families in the theater when we went; but they had an earlier showing, so I don't know how that impacted things. It cost $45 for the 4 of us to go, so I'm sure that played a factor in how many people went.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:37 pm

bethandmanly wrote:

I've never read the books, so I don't know if there is an explanation in them for why the kids were separated.

I think at the end of the Prince Caspian movie they talked about that separation.

Chronicles of Narnia Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Chronicles of Narnia Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 10:58 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Peter and Susan only have cameos. Peter & Susan are in America, whereas, Lucy and Edmund are still in England. There is no explanation why the kids have been separated. Susan's face appears once--which I think you see in the trailer--and then Susan and Peter are seen in one of Lucy's dreams.

The professor, with whom the four children had stayed during the time of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, had lost his fortune, and had to live in a smaller home which only had one spare bedroom. When the Pevensies visited America with Susan, the professor only had room for one guest, and it ended up being Peter so that he could continue his studies for his upcoming university exams. So Edmund and Lucy ended up staying with their cousin Eustace. (I don't remember why they didn't all visit America...it's been several years since I read the books.)
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Chronicles of Narnia Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I really want to see this one. I might have to go by myself and see it.

I'd go with you if I could Marilyn! Wink My kids have lost interest in these movies (they thought the first one was 'ok' and really dissed the second. I, on the other hand, love them!).

bethandmanly wrote:
It cost $45 for the 4 of us to go, so I'm sure that played a factor in how many people went.

Crazy, the price of going to the theater nowadays. I used to love to get popcorn and pop----can't do that any longer, if we all go (which is a rarity anymore anyway). Now we get our candy at the convenience store first and I bring my big purse packed with beverages from home.

Savannah wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

The professor, with whom the four children had stayed during the time of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, had lost his fortune, and had to live in a smaller home which only had one spare bedroom. When the Pevensies visited America with Susan, the professor only had room for one guest, and it ended up being Peter so that he could continue his studies for his upcoming university exams. So Edmund and Lucy ended up staying with their cousin Eustace. (I don't remember why they didn't all visit America...it's been several years since I read the books.)

Thanks for explaining that, because I certainly would have wondered too. I'm surprised they didn't explain that in the movie!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Thanks for the explanations! If I remember at the end of the Prince Caspian movie, Aslan told them something about learning all they could in Narnia or something along that line.

Chronicles of Narnia HummerChronicles of Narnia MistiKeeperChronicles of Narnia Bookclub5Chronicles of Narnia Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm

You're right, Misti. At the end of that movie, Peter and Susan knew they wouldn't be going back.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:59 pm

We just watched an ad for the movie during Survivor and my son who's home from college said he saw it already. He said it was good! And he didn't really care for the first two! It's pretty rare that a sequel (especially a third) might be better than the first ones. Where would you rate it in the series Cheryl? Did you think it was better? I definitely want to see this now---especially since it's in 3D!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 am

I love them all, but I think this one if my favorite so far. It's not so much about the 3D effects, I thought it was a better story.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:19 am

I'm glad to hear you liked it. Erin really wants to see it, so she asked my brother to take them when he comes for Christmas. Kara wasn't sure she wanted to see it since she had heard it wasn't that good, but I'll let her know others think it is good.

Chronicles of Narnia Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:51 am

bethandmanly (Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 am) wrote:
I love them all, but I think this one if my favorite so far. It's not so much about the 3D effects, I thought it was a better story.

Yep, Brendan said the same thing. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Chronicles of Narnia Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Amy wrote:
Thanks for explaining that, because I certainly would have wondered too. I'm surprised they didn't explain that in the movie!!
Well, I saw this the Friday it opened. I have never seen the Harry Potter or Twilight movies. So I don't know how they would be for a person who would be watching the second or third or fifth film when they haven't seen the others. But I said, as soon as I told someone about it, unless you have seen the other two, you would have no idea what was really happening. I think they are definitely made for the people who have seen the other ones first, or have read the books (but then again this was my argument for the Keira Knightley "Pride and Prejudice" - but I won't go on that rant now Smile ). Like I said, I don't know if Harry Potter or Twilight are like that, but maybe they are, too.

I read the books twice (excluding The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - that was at least 4 times - it is in my top 10 list for books). But I haven't read them in a long time. I kind of remember things as they go along while I am watching the film.

Anyway, I didn't see it in 3D. Seriously, I don't have any interest in sitting through anything in 3D. In fact, the only film that makes sense for that, in my opinion, is "Tron" and I don't know if I will even sit through that (I saw the original years ago when I was a little kid - I have some vague memories about it). I also will not pay that extra money for 3D. So, I am cheap and boring. I just sat through the dull 2D version. Smile I liked it. But I didn't like it as much as the other two. I am maybe a little biased when it comes to "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". I love the book and I think it was a very good adaptation of it. I also liked the book Prince Caspian better than The Voyage of Dawn Treader. So maybe that is why this one didn't seem as good as the others. But that is just my opinion. Smile

I just hope that this film makes enough money and there seems to be enough of an interest in it for the studio to want to make the rest (there were issues with that fact while making this one). Now that they have gone this far, I want the rest of them!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Chronicles of Narnia Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:39 pm

MissOleson wrote:
I just hope that this film makes enough money and there seems to be enough of an interest in it for the studio to want to make the rest (there were issues with that fact while making this one). Now that they have gone this far, I want the rest of them!

Me, too! The BBC ones (which I loved and haven't seen in years) didn't make it to the end of the series, and I was rather disappointed about that. They aren't at all like the newer movies, but I loved them. Anyway, I'd love to see the series completed in film. Chronicles of Narnia 6472 I'm a Narnia nut. When I was a little girl, I *loved* the animated version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, too (which was the only film-version of anything Narnia at the time)....and my family used to read through the series together once a year.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Chronicles of Narnia Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
Me, too! The BBC ones (which I loved and haven't seen in years) didn't make it to the end of the series, and I was rather disappointed about that. They aren't at all like the newer movies, but I loved them. Anyway, I'd love to see the series completed in film. Chronicles of Narnia 6472 I'm a Narnia nut. When I was a little girl, I *loved* the animated version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, too (which was the only film-version of anything Narnia at the time)....and my family used to read through the series together once a year.
You know what makes me mad? On the one radio station they announce the top movies on Sunday nights. So last weekend they mentioned that this was number one. But then they added that it made "far less" than the other two during their opening weekends. Now I don't know if that is true or not (I seriously have not been paying attention to anything like that lately), but I thought that was kind of an unnecessary comment to make. After that they mentioned that the Johnny Depp movie was number 2 and that was it. I just didn't understand the need to make mention of that fact. Do they want them to fail? I really don't know why. I did hear, though, that the production company that owns the rights to the films plans on making all of them, anyway. There are people out there that will want to see them all now just because they have seen the others. So I hope they do go through with making them.

I have honsetly never seen the cartoon or the BBC version. I always wanted to. In fact, I used to add them onto my Christmas list, but apparently they could never be found anywhere. No I would like to see them now to compare. I do that a lot with different adaptations.

By the way, good choice of an avatar! Thumbsup

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Chronicles of Narnia MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 1:05 pm

I read the books a long time ago (I think I read them all) and liked them. I need to read them again.

I just got done watching all three of the Disney Narnia films! I loved every minute of all three! I would say that the first movie was my favorite, and the third movie was my second favorite! I bought all three on DVD!

It looks like Disney might release The Silver Chair movie this year... I hope so!

http://narnia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Narnia:_The_Silver_Chair_%28film%29

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Chronicles of Narnia Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Narnia   Chronicles of Narnia Empty

Back to top Go down

Chronicles of Narnia
Page 1 of 1