Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Give Narnia a try?

Go down 
+3
Savannah
bethandmanly
maria1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Mornincoffee

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 11:37 am

i've some of the books Narnia. but i've tried to read them but don't succed. should i try again?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Bokmal10

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 3:18 pm

They are my mother-in-law's favorite books. I've never read them, but I liked the movies.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Give Narnia a try? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Happy010

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 3:31 pm

I LOVE these books. I'd start with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. loveheart I love stepping into Narnia.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Indiff10

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 4:21 pm

I absolutely love them.  My first experience was in school when the teacher read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to us.  I was hooked immediately.  And that book is now one of my all-time favorites.

Now, I only recommend them to people who are more interested in reading a fantasy story.  I think if someone isn't a fan of that, then they will not get into any of them.

Having said that, if you own the books, and you want to give it a try, go ahead and do it!  I definitely think you should.

I agree that you should start with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe first.  But, there is the issue of chronological order - if you are going to be technical about it.  Smile   If you plan to really read all of them, you may want to read them in chronological order.  So, The Magician's Nephew would be first.  If that doesn't matter at all to you, just go ahead and read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe first.  It won't matter at all if you do.  It was actually the first book written, anyway.  So, it isn't like you would be reading Prince Caspian first and then be completely confused.  TLTWATW is the first book written and it is fine to give Narnia a try with that. Smile After all, like I said, that is the book that I first experienced and the one that got me hooked. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Give Narnia a try? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Happy010

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 7:15 pm

I know that a lot of people think that the books should be read chronologically - but I REALLY enjoyed finding out the story behind things like the wardrobe, the lamp post, etc. after having read about them in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It was like, "Oh, so THAT'S how the wardrobe is so magical! Wow!!" And if I'd read about its origins beforehand, it would have lost just a bit of its magic for me. And since TLTWATW was the first one that C.S. Lewis wrote, I like to think that he felt the same way. Smile (I'm not saying that he DID, mind you. greenS Just that I like to think so.)

And I'm not usually a fan of fantasy. At all. But I LOVE these books. So I freely recommend them to just about anybody. HeeHee . . . If they end up not liking them, that's okay - but they may find them just as absorbing and enchanting as I did/do.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Bokmal10

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:34 am

I've only read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, but it was a wonderful book. A very exciting read! When I was in 7th grade, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was a school reading project- everyone in the 7th and 8th grades read it, and then everyone in those grades went to the theaters to see the movie. The movie was good as well. If you want to give these books a try again, I also recommend starting with that one.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Indiff10

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:36 pm

I have no problem with people reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe first either.  Like I said, that is how I experienced it.  But there are always those people who like to be technical.  Smile  It really IS a GOOD book, though, isn't it?  I just wish more people would give something like this a try.

I loved the recent movie of TLTWATW!!  I thought it was such a good adaptation of the story.  I just wish they could've gone further and made all of the books into movies.  Not just the ones that they did.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Headac10

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:34 pm

I never read them. Never heard of them.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Mornincoffee

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:48 pm

ok, thanx guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
kgbacct1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
kgbacct1

Number of posts : 10
Mood : Give Narnia a try? Angelic

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Liking Narnia depends on what kind of books you like. If you like fantasy books that take you far, far, away, you'll enjoy these. I have read the first three books and have enjoyed them. I personally recommend reading the books in order so you can understand them better. C.S. Lewis is a great author, but unlike Carolyn Keene with the Nancy Drew books does not give a short recap of what has happened in the past.

I personally really like the books and movies. Ooops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Give Narnia a try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give Narnia a try?   Give Narnia a try? Empty

Back to top Go down

Give Narnia a try?
Page 1 of 1