HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 hmm..Church question-sunday school

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:03 pm

so,At church i started helping in the toddlers room.(2/3) years old..It's fun..Then i moved into sunday school.

(4/5) years old. They used to go to the classrooms...Which i enjoyed.....Cuz i was busy the whole time.

Then it changed so everyone is in the gym...I kind of don't like how all kids are in the gym...Its hard to handle the young ones..It's just nosie sometimes.I still like it...Just liked it better in the class rooms...

so what do you think is better? having all children in one place or in classrooms.

Sorry if this is a silly question.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Classrooms, in bigger churches...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:22 pm

I see your point.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7230
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 pm

I've done both, but I find having separate groups is much easier to handle.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I've done both, but I find having separate groups is much easier to handle.

I think so too


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53816
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:08 am

We have separate classrooms for the different ages, too. Partly because the older children can understand a little bit more in-depth stories than the little ones can. Plus, having smaller classes makes it easier for the kids to enjoy the lessons, and to be able to pay attention better because they're going to be able to see and hear better in a smaller room rather than a crowded gym. (Nothing against your church, Krissy - this is just what we've found works best for us.) And also, I really think that it helps the kids to develop a relationship with their Sunday school teacher. My Mom teaches 8-9 year old kids, and they absolutely adore her. She's gotten to know them as well as their families, and the kids know that she cares about them and is praying for them. So, anyway...yes, I'd definitely prefer separate classrooms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Yes, I agree with Savannah---it's important to keep the ages separated and in smaller areas when you have that many kids, not only for their enrichment but for their safety. Our church has separate classes too. It's nice that you're helping out Krissy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Savannah wrote:
We have separate classrooms for the different ages, too. Partly because the older children can understand a little bit more in-depth stories than the little ones can. Plus, having smaller classes makes it easier for the kids to enjoy the lessons, and to be able to pay attention better because they're going to be able to see and hear better in a smaller room rather than a crowded gym. (Nothing against your church, Krissy - this is just what we've found works best for us.) And also, I really think that it helps the kids to develop a relationship with their Sunday school teacher. My Mom teaches 8-9 year old kids, and they absolutely adore her. She's gotten to know them as well as their families, and the kids know that she cares about them and is praying for them. So, anyway...yes, I'd definitely prefer separate classrooms.

thanks...That's why i liked it when it was in classrooms..Least the young one in the classrooms and the old ones in the gym,That's very true to what you are saying.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Amy wrote:
Yes, I agree with Savannah---it's important to keep the ages separated and in smaller areas when you have that many kids, not only for their enrichment but for their safety. Our church has separate classes too. It's nice that you're helping out Krissy.

thank you....I agree too..just wish they change back,


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5919
Location : Curled up with a great book.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:24 pm

I have helped out with all those ages. It works but only if you get the bigger kids to help out. At 4 or 5 that isn't too big though. SO seperating them is better. This will give you lots of experience with kids. They are all very different. Enjoy them...some of the first ones I helped with are now married!




It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: hmm..Church question-sunday school   Today at 4:16 pm

Back to top Go down
 
hmm..Church question-sunday school
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sunday school 21st Century way!!!!
» Ouran High School Host Club!
» Question About Gladiator beasts.
» Old school Olds
» what is (or was) your least favorite part of high school?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: