Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

“Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm."

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : “Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." Happy010

“Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." Empty
PostSubject: “Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm."   “Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:41 pm

“Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." Characature1_thumb Today, my boss to me to a Rotary lunch and they had this speaker. His name is Edward Boersma. He talked about a book that he wrote, called "Courage Born of Faith" He was born in the 1930s... in the Netherlands. He was around 10 yrs old during WWII and his parents helped a lot of people during the war by hiding them (Remember Anne Frank). His parents are gone now but he wrote the book because he wanted to tell his story and his parents' story. It was very interesting. I bought his book at the end of the presentation and had him sign it. Looking forward to reading it. reader

My first experience in meeting someone who was in a concentration camp was during 7th grade when we read a book called "The Cage"
“Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." 9780553270037
This lady came to the class and we saw the tattoo on her arm and I just remember making a big impression on me. Later in life (about 3 years ago) I met a man who despised Jews and blamed the problems of the world on the Jews, said the Holocaust was a story. Needless to say I got upset with him.

Anyway, what experiences have you had regarding this topic?

“Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : “Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." Bokmal10

“Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." Empty
PostSubject: Re: “Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm."   “Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm." EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 am

My stepmother's grandparents were in concentration camps. They both lived to be over 100. I guess if that kind of stuff doesn't kill you, not much will.

Other than that, I can't say I've really had much experience with anyone. I loved the movie Schindler's List. It was tough to watch, but it's amazing what Schindler did.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

“Mister, that's an awfully boring tattoo on your arm."
Page 1 of 1