Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any fans of The Monkees here?

Go down 
+13
LHOTPFan
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Lori
Krissy
alexczarn
Julia
Harrietfan
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Otto Schiller
Rhonda
Rob
MissOleson
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Goodsi10

Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 pm

I'll admit it. I am a closet Monkees fan.
Loved daydream believer

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Monkees Marathon   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:23 pm

If anyone has this channel....I am watching it now.

Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Tumblr12

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 pm

injoy!!! Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LHOTPFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHOTPFan

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 am

I'm a fan of The Monkees. I like "The Girl I Knew Somewhere", "Randy Scouse Git", "Take A Giant Step".
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

I love the Monkees! I love the show, and love their music! I got into them as a teen in the 80's when both MTV & Nick at Nite were airing Monkees episodes. I saw them in concert in 2000, and I saw Davy Jones at our annual fair, I think it was 1998. I don't remember what year it was.

I have a double CD of their greatest hits...my fave songs are too many to mention! lol But I love "Sometime in the Morning," "Pleasant Valley Sunday" "Words," "For Pete's Sake," I could go on and on!

I miss Davy so much and I still can't believe he is no longer with us. His death was so unexpected! I was supposed to see him in concert w/David Cassidy here in Miami this past April. However, David's show went on, and I was there...and he had a wonderful tribute made to Davy. It was very touching! I'm so sad I never did get to meet him. RIP
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Mike is doing a mini-tour with Peter and Micky. YES, I AM GOING!!! I will be seeing them in Chicago in November. Mike has always been my favorite and this will be my first time seeing him. So, how could I miss it??

I know a lot of people were kind of against Mike for never touring. But I had a feeling that MAYBE he would've done a 50th anniversary tour in 2016. Yet, now that he is doing this, people are against the fact because they figure he is doing it because Davy died. And, in reality, what is wrong with that? I figure that is precisely the reason why he is doing it. I guess there is going to be this tribute to Davy during the show.

Needless to say I was very depressed with the news of Davy's death, but I was very happy that I saw him one last time in concert last summer.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:34 pm

It's awesome Mike will be with the Monkees again. If they come to Florida, I'm not sure I'll go yet. It will be extremely difficult for me, knowing Davy's gone. Blue

I hope you have a great time! Let us know how it went!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:48 pm

julmer70 wrote:
I hope you have a great time! Let us know how it went!
Thanks! And I definitely will!

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:22 am

OH MY GOSH...............FINALLY SOMEONE WHO LIKES THE MONKEES!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!! grinsmiley I love them SO MUCH.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:47 am

The Monkees concert was GREAT!!!! It was sold out. So I was so happy to have gotten my tickets!

Anyway, no words can explain the thrill that it was to be in the presence of Mr. Michael Nesmith!!! Love I love that man SOOOOO MUCH!!!! loveheart

Anyway, I was disappointed that I didn't get any "Papa Gene's Blues" out of this! No

They did have a few things for Davy. They showed his "I Wanna Be Free" clip, which was horribly depressing. They also had a montage of Davy clips. They had an audience member sing "Daydream Believer" because they decided that they wouldn't sing that song anymore. And they showed the "Daddy's Song" number from their movie "Head". That is ALWAYS entertaining! grinsmiley

All-in-all, great show. REALLY wish Davy was there! It would've been so great! But I am very happy to have finally seen Mike! After all, he is my favorite! Smile

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Sounds like you had a great time! So is Mike officially a full-time Monkee again?
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:13 am

Oh, Rob, it was a FANTASTIC time!!!

Well, I don't know if Mike is a full-time Monkee again. Maybe he'll do another mini tour with them again. Especially for the 50th anniversary. I'd like him to, but I am not expecting too much. Smile

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Glad you had fun, Miss Oleson! Thumbsup That must have been so strange, without Davy. But I'm glad you had a great time!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:48 am

I wish they would have toured in my area. I so want to see them!!!!!

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Happy Birthday to Davy Jones! Today would have been his 67th birthday. I will always love and miss him. RIP

Happy Birthday also to Mike Nesmith!

Here's one of my favorite Monkee performances. FYI, for those who don't know...the pretty brunette dancing on the left side of the screen is Deana Martin, Dean's daughter! Smile

https://youtu.be/5lC6zNxvouA
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:53 pm

julmer70 wrote:
Happy Birthday to Davy Jones! Today would have been his 67th birthday. I will always love and miss him. RIP

Happy Birthday also to Mike Nesmith!

Here's one of my favorite Monkee performances. FYI, for those who don't know...the pretty brunette dancing on the left side of the screen is Deana Martin, Dean's daughter! Smile

https://youtu.be/5lC6zNxvouA
That's just about my favorite "romp" aka music video they did!!! We're celebrating Mike and Davy's birthday over here. https://www.facebook.com/MonkeeLoveFanPage?ref=hl Come join the fun and look at some great photos. Smile

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank you! I just "liked" the page! Smile
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:47 am

Thank you! I greatly appreciate it! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Carpenters4ever
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
Carpenters4ever

Number of posts : 1114

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:37 pm

I like them. I went to their reunion tour in 1986. I had a great time. I love I'm a Believer and Valeri.

photo MaggieKeeper_zps05cb0b4a.gif
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: New Monkees - Good Times!   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:11 am

Anyone a fan of The Monkees? They have a new album out and I have to say it is FANTASTIC! It's for the 50th Anniversary. Some really good songs from Mike, Micky and Peter and even has an unreleased track from Davy. I say they captured the sound perfectly and did not try to "update" the sound. It is currently the #1 ranking on Amazon and in the top 10 on iTunes. If you have time, check it out if you liked their old stuff I think you will enjoy this release as well. I was pleasantly surprised. I was indifferent at first but after hearing some samples I preordered it and glad I did. Chock full of good, fun songs like this one:

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:12 am

Here's another good song and a neat video:

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey, good stuff! I grew up with the Monkees (not literally), so this is a treat. Micky still sounds great!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 10:02 am

Another new song, this one with Mike on vocals. A very good tune, this CD is excellent and i was surprised at how good it is!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 10:04 am

And another video of "You Bring The Summer". This is a neat, fun video made by Christian Nesmith (Mike's son). Very well done!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 1:44 pm

Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Rhonda10Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of The Monkees here?   Any fans of The Monkees here? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any fans of The Monkees here?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next