Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warning about junk mail.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Warning about junk mail.  Bokmal10

Warning about junk mail.  Empty
PostSubject: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:03 am

So, your wondering, how you got Victoria's Secret has home address, to send you a mini coupon book.

So, Monday, I got a Victoria's Secret mini coupon in the mail. My mom was like, do you want it? I said no. She's was like, your name's on it. I said to her: I don't know, how they got my name. (That's the truth.) So, I was searching online, how my name got on their mailing list. Well, I read Victoria's Secret Privacy & Policy. They collect information, when you visited their website. Like your browser, IPaddress, & etc... I never sign up on their emailing list. I never bought anything in the store or online. I visit their website, to look @ their clothing, prices, & sizes. What gets me so mad about this. Anytime, you go on to VS site. They collect information from using browsers, ipaddress & etc... I don't think, that's right. They shouldn't do that. (unless, you sign up on their mailing list.) Their like, well, if you want remove from our mailing list. click here. So, I did. Tells me, I need to fill out all information about myself. I was like, no, don't want send my information about myself to them. (If, the third party gets my info about me.) So, I'm going to avoid going to VS site, from now on. (If, I do go on their site. Just clear my browser history.)

To read the full VS privacy & policy. Just search Victoria's Secret Privacy & Policy. Tells you more about their privacy & policy. What, I told on here.

I'm not sure other stores does this or not.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Warning about junk mail.  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:16 am

Tip; if you're using Firefox use Private Browsing or if you're using Google Chrome, use Incognito Browsing. That stops sites being able to leave cookies or other info on your computer.

Warning about junk mail.  Alexke11
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Warning about junk mail.  Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:29 pm

How do you use set those types of browsing Alex? I'd really love to use them when I browse.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Next to never lol.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Warning about junk mail.  Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
How do you use set those types of browsing Alex? I'd really love to use them when I browse.

If you're using Firefox, click "Tools", scroll down, and click "Start Private Browsing".

For Google Chrome, one way is to:

Quote :

1. Click the wrench icon Warning about junk mail.  Chrome_toolsmenu on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select New incognito window.

A new window will open with the Warning about junk mail.  Chrome_95464 icon in the corner. You can continue browsing as normal in the other window.
You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+N (Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS) and ⌘-Shift-N (Mac) to open an incognito window.

I don't use Google Chrome, so there may be other ways.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Oops sorry I misunderstood you Beckie; I thought you meant how often I used them.

And Savannah, yep that's the way you do it. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Warning about junk mail.  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:04 pm

I tried the private browsing. But, anytime I refresh a page. Makes the words smaller. After I zoomed in. I need the words bigger. So, I can see them. small print, is hard for me to see.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Warning about junk mail.  Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

To make the letters larger, Buttercup, try pressing Ctrl and +
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Warning about junk mail.  Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I tried it but I didn't like it. :/

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Warning about junk mail.  Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm

that's not right

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning about junk mail.    Warning about junk mail.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Warning about junk mail.
Page 1 of 1