Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GMA's Top 10 places in America

Go down 
+4
Rob
Rhonda
Savannah
Amy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : GMA's Top 10 places in America Love-s10

GMA's Top 10 places in America Empty
PostSubject: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:27 pm

This morning Good Morning America had a segment on America's top 10 most beautiful places. The two places they chose to focus on in their segment were:

Point Reyes, California (Carol or Rhonda, have either of you been there?)

And....

Sleeping Bear Dunes, Michigan!!! thud

What a shocker!! Not that it's not amazingly beautiful, but honestly, Michigan is not usually 'recognized' often enough for its beauty, so it's surprising and lovely to see! Thumbsup

My family and friends and I all went there two years ago. I'd been there years ago, but for the first time was there from "Empire, Michigan", which give views that you don't get anywhere else; the views that you'll see in this segment. The only thing I'm surprised about is that they didn't make any mention of the "Sleeping Bear", and show how you can actually make out the bear in the landscape.

Here is the link....unfortunately it won't link directly to it. You'll see features on the front page video section, and "Top 10 places" is the third one down.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

And here are some pictures of our family a couple of years ago, taken at this same spot. Sorry for being repetitious, I know I showed these awhile back. And oh my, I didn't realize I needed to re-size these!!! Sorry for the size. ShyGirl

Can you see the bear, lying on its side?

GMA's Top 10 places in America 12010

My son and I, looking out over the lake:

GMA's Top 10 places in America 17210

My hubby & I. Love

GMA's Top 10 places in America 32810

And me with my parents:

GMA's Top 10 places in America 37310
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
GMA's Top 10 places in America Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : GMA's Top 10 places in America Happy010

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Oh, wow!! How fantastic that Sleeping Bear Dunes received such an honor! And please don't apologize about sharing the pictures - I always love seeing them. (Oh, and the site automatically re-sizes them now, so no problem about that, either. GMA's Top 10 places in America 70708 ) Thanks for posting this, Amy!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : GMA's Top 10 places in America Purple2

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Amy, I have never been to Point Reyes, California.....However, I CAN see the bear......Wish I could take a vacation, I am so ready for one....LOVE the pictures!!! Thumbsup

GMA's Top 10 places in America Rhonda10GMA's Top 10 places in America Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Ohhhhh, I wish you could take a vacation in Sleeping Bear Dunes, Rhonda! You'd be driving right through my neck of the woods (and Amy's) on the way up! And you KNOW that Amy and I would be waiting to give you a proper Michigan greeting. GMA's Top 10 places in America 410460
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : GMA's Top 10 places in America Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Great to see those pictures again, Amy! You are very photogenic. GMA's Top 10 places in America 185146
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Yes, I can see the bear! Smile
Looks like a beautiful place.

I have never been to Point Reyes but my cousin who live further up north have. Here are some pics of the area

GMA's Top 10 places in America 3367296962_92330079da

GMA's Top 10 places in America Myst---point-reyes-national-seashore-california-113582-530-354

GMA's Top 10 places in America Work.4261801.2.flat,550x550,075,f.point-reyes-palette-california-surf

GMA's Top 10 places in America Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Rob wrote:
Great to see those pictures again, Amy! You are very photogenic. GMA's Top 10 places in America 185146

GMA's Top 10 places in America Agree10

And, Carol.....Wow, those are so beautiful!! This one's my favorite:

GMA's Top 10 places in America Myst---point-reyes-national-seashore-california-113582-530-354
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : GMA's Top 10 places in America Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
Ohhhhh, I wish you could take a vacation in Sleeping Bear Dunes, Rhonda! You'd be driving right through my neck of the woods (and Amy's) on the way up! And you KNOW that Amy and I would be waiting to give you a proper Michigan greeting. GMA's Top 10 places in America 410460

Indeed we would! Thumbsup Honestly, that was a spot that we did not want to leave....we just kept drinking in the beauty. I could live RIGHT there in Empire. loveheart THIS would be a neat vacation destination spot for we Michiganders to meet one day. (and a certain Missourian Wink ---is that a word?? Huh? ). Rhonda, you can hitch a ride with Savannah & me! We'll meet up with Pam and Lori and Rob and whoever else want to come! grouphug Hey, I can dream, can't I??? Love

Rob wrote:

Thanks Rob & Savannah. I appreciate the compliment! loveheart

Carol, whoa, those pictures are gorgeous...I can't pick a favorite! That last one reminds me a bit of Prince Edward Island, no? Just beautiful. yes
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:02 pm

I can't see the bear Amy. Whistle

Great photos though! Carol the last one reminds me of some of the surf beaches around here.

GMA's Top 10 places in America Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : GMA's Top 10 places in America Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:24 pm

GMA's Top 10 places in America Sleepingbear
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Nope; all I can see is a likely fishing spot to the top right. batEyes

(Actually I can, sort of.)

GMA's Top 10 places in America Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : GMA's Top 10 places in America Headac10

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 pm

nice pics

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:28 am

Looks like a good vacation spot.

GMA's Top 10 places in America Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GMA's Top 10 places in America   GMA's Top 10 places in America Empty

Back to top Go down

GMA's Top 10 places in America
Page 1 of 1