Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recommended weight loss book...

Go down 
+3
Carol
Rhonda
Amy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : book - Recommended weight loss book... Love-s10

book - Recommended weight loss book... Empty
PostSubject: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Hello fellow yo yo dieters. You know who you are! Wave

Well, I wanted to recommend a book that I am completely amazed by. I've read other books, been on plans, and yet haven't come across one like this before. Even if you don't follow the plan (I actually am not at this point, I've only made the decision to eat whole foods rather than processed, and I've lost 6 pounds in a little over 2 weeks. That's ALL I've done...water weight, I am sure, but I feel so much better already). Honestly, I haven't gotten to the book's plan yet, because the author encourages you to read the whole book before you get to the end, where it shares the plan. And that's because he wants you to do the emotional work first. But after reading the first few chapters I couldn't continue justifying the way I'd been eating. The reason I'm recommending it though is more for the 'message'. I'm just astounded that I've made a connection like this, about my relationship with food.

The book is written by Brad Lamm and it's called "Just 10". My friend, (who is definitely a yo yo dieter) has lost 60 pounds with this book and Brad by her side (he has a facebook page too), and unlike other plans, she feels that this one is much much different and will not be going back....and that's because she's made a connection emotionally for the first time. This book is backed by Doctor Oz, who dedicated a bunch of his shows to it last year. There is a wonderful 'forward' in the book by him. But Brad is a terrific writer, and can speak from experience. And honestly, like I said, I've never made 'connections' like this. I kind of get in that mode of "Well, I've heard it all", and I guess I haven't. So again, whether you plan to make serious changes with your eating habits, or you're just looking for some emotional help, this book is amazing. The 'concept' is looking at each 10 pounds at a time. Instead of saying "Oh my gosh, I need to lose 50 pounds or I'm going to die", (which can set us right up for failure), just focus on 10 pounds.

Now, I'm not preaching...Lord knows I have no room to preach. Just wanting to share the profound difference that this book has made in my thought process and food relationship. There are SO many 'diet' books out there. But I promise you this one is different:

http://just10diet.com/

http://members.doctoroz.com/challenge/the-just-10-challenge

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : book - Recommended weight loss book... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Sounds great Amy! I learned a LONG time ago that it isn't a 'diet', it's a lifestyle......I mean, the first 3 letters in diet, spell DIE.....so a lifestyle change it best.....eating healthy will take care of so much....high blood pressure, diabetes, and many other health issues....Even on Biggest Loser, Jillian would work on making a break through on the emotional part of the person to figure out why they were over eating, so this doctor is right on when he discusses the emotional part........Keep us posted how you do..... Thumbsup

book - Recommended weight loss book... Rhonda10book - Recommended weight loss book... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : book - Recommended weight loss book... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm

This book sounds great Amy! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Looks like it will be my next book...

book - Recommended weight loss book... Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Yep, so true Rhonda.....and sure, I'll keep you posted! Smile

And Carol, I would not lead you astray. Whether you make the 'connection' or not, there is SO much to be learned and valued from it. Thumbsup You won't be sorry! (And I'm not speaking as a 'weight loss' person....it's not like I'm a 'testimony' or something (my friend is, however). For me, it's just the 'ideas' and concepts and how they're presented....he has a lot of 'real life' tips, and an emphasis on the spiritual. Really good. Let me know if you get it and what you think! Wink
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 am

Update:

I met my one month goal today....two days ahead of schedule. greenS 10 pounds gone! Bliss I feel better and healthier already. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - Recommended weight loss book... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:33 am

book - Recommended weight loss book... 46567 book - Recommended weight loss book... 39447 Congratulations, Amy! book - Recommended weight loss book... 570976
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : book - Recommended weight loss book... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 am

Wow, great job, Amy!

book - Recommended weight loss book... 13
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:00 am

yesss So glad for you.....I know eating right really shows in how you feel..... Thumbsup

book - Recommended weight loss book... Rhonda10book - Recommended weight loss book... Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks guys! grouphug
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:03 pm

I am planning to get this. I looked online and funny enough at Barnes and Noble it was JUST $10! Thanks for sharing Amy. Congrats on the weight loss.....Lookout Michaela!

book - Recommended weight loss book... Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:03 am

Oh sorry Gin, just now seeing this. Thank you! Wow, $10.00?! That's great! Let me know what you think of it....it has been truly life changing for me. I am more 'self-loving' now and I'm focusing on just doing the things that are good for me. The weight loss is just a bonus! Smile Somehow though I don't quite see myself with Jane Seymour's waistline, no matter how hard I try, LOL! But hey, one can dream! Love

I'm starting water yoga this week too! I have walking classes on Tuesdays already, that I do with a small group of ladies at my friend's church. Water yoga is offered at Fitness USA---I have had a membership there since I was 16, but never go. ShyGirl I figure if I focus on the exercise that doesn't 'seem' like exercise, it'll just be fun, and not a 'chore'. I love the water/swimming, so I'm hoping this will 'speak' to me. It's on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays....I obviously can't do EVERY single day or I'll burn out, but I'm going to shoot for Monday evenings and Saturday mornings. We have my parents over Wednesday evenings for Survivor night. Priorities, after all! batEyes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Just thought I'd check in. Just reached my 20 pound mark! Smile Still have quite a ways to go, but feeling pretty good now that this first 20 is dropped! dancegirl My son has dropped about 15 too! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:49 pm

book - Recommended weight loss book... 39447 book - Recommended weight loss book... 368505 Well done, Amy!! I'm so happy for you!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Thank you!! Smiley Hug (By the way, I've really been enjoying your beautiful avatars lately! Thumbsup)
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:55 pm

YAY AMY!!! Bliss

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 am

Thank you, Amy! I'm glad to hear that! book - Recommended weight loss book... 410460
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : book - Recommended weight loss book... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:38 am

Wow, great job, Amy! book - Recommended weight loss book... Smiley-happy036
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 am

Cheer

book - Recommended weight loss book... Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Thank you Rhonda, Rob & Lori! I appreciate the support! grouphug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended weight loss book...   book - Recommended weight loss book... Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommended weight loss book...
Page 1 of 1