Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Letters to Juliet

Go down 
+3
Carol
Rob
Savannah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Letters to Juliet Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Letters to Juliet Happy010

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:43 am

I searched through the first seven pages of threads and didn't find one about the movie, so I hope I'm not double-posting. . . But I wanted to recommend Letters to Juliet if anyone is looking for a good, clean, utterly romantic movie to watch. I've seen it twice this year, but I think I'm going to watch it again. Letters to Juliet 440956 The Italian scenery alone is enough to make me swoon! Here's the synopsis:

Quote :
Synopsis: When a young American (Amanda Seyfried) travels to the city of Verona, home of the star-crossed lover Juliet Capulet of Romeo and Juliet fame, she joins a group of volunteers who respond to letters to Juliet seeking advice about love. After answering one letter dated 1951, she inspires its author (Vanessa Redgrave) to travel to Italy in search of her long-lost love and sets off a chain of events that will bring a love into both their lives unlike anything they ever imagined.

Letters to Juliet 25973 Such a good movie! Okay, I'm done rambling. Letters to Juliet 440956 (Except to add that, Amy, I think you'd especially like it!)

Last edited by Savannah on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 am

Letters to Juliet 570976Edited before Fife ticketed! Thanks for not swooping down within moments of it being posted! Letters to Juliet 811339
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Letters to Juliet Goodsi10

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 am

I read it, too! Letters to Juliet 954985 What'd I miss?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 am

I misspelled Juliet - TWICE!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 am

OH! I noticed that, but figured maybe "Juliette" was the name of the woman who travels to Verona. I feel so deceived.Letters to Juliet 335724 Letters to Juliet 771460
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:50 am

*whew!* I really dodged the bullet on that one! batEyes

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:52 am

Rob wrote:
OH! I noticed that, but figured maybe "Juliette" was the name of the woman who travels to Verona. I feel so deceived.Letters to Juliet 335724 Letters to Juliet 771460

Letters to Juliet Comfort You'll catch me another time. Letters to Juliet 771460
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 pm

But I wanted to catch you this tiiiime! (Read that with a Barney whine, please.Letters to Juliet 811339 )

Savannah wrote:
Letters to Juliet Bulletdodge

Whoa, dude! Brain fry! Letters to Juliet Hippie7
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:16 pm

I agree... that movie is great! I watched it with my mom and she fell in love with it. I love the scenery as well.

Letters to Juliet Letters-To-Juliet-2010-Dutch-Front-Cover-44794

Letters to Juliet Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm

And where did you find this? Letters to Juliet 135245

Savannah wrote:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Rob wrote:
But I wanted to catch you this tiiiime! (Read that with a Barney whine, please.Letters to Juliet 811339 )

Letters to Juliet 135245 An excellent imitation!

Carol wrote:
I agree... that movie is great! I watched it with my mom and she fell in love with it. I love the scenery as well.

Letters to Juliet 6472 It's utterly charming.

Rob wrote:

Savannah wrote:

Letters to Juliet 135245 I used Google's image search, looking for a "dodge the bullet" smiley - and it brought that up.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Rob wrote:

Savannah wrote:

That's in slo-mo... HeeHee I should like to see one in normal speeeed. greenS

Letters to Juliet Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Letters to Juliet Bokmal10

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:55 pm

We saw this movie. We love it.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Letters to Juliet Love-s10

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:43 pm

I must see this!! I'm pretty sure we talked about this once too, but there wasn't a specific thread about it, so you're good! Wink Ok, it's official. This is the next one I'm netflixing! Thumbsup I'll keep ya posted Savannah, but I think it's a pretty safe bet I'm going to love it! Wink

Oh, but you have to promise me that you're going to watch Under the Tuscan Sun. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:54 am

Amy wrote:
Oh, but you have to promise me that you're going to watch Under the Tuscan Sun. Letters to Juliet 129986

Letters to Juliet 440956 I've been meaning to rent that ever since you mentioned it to me a few weeks back. Thanks for the reminder. (I posted a reply to you last night, but it disappeared. Letters to Juliet 988160 At least, I thought I did. I may have just clicked "preview", though, and not actually posted it.)
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:09 am

No, you posted. I remember seeing it. Letters to Juliet 988160
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:37 am

Okay - thank you, Rob. I was wondering if I'd just imagined that I'd seen it posted. Letters to Juliet Crazy10 Letters to Juliet 440956
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 pm

That is so strange that your posts disappear from time to time! scratchead Ok, it's a deal....we'll both watch our 'Tuscany' movies! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I'll be on the look out for this one. I've got to catch up on some movies I've bought and haven't had time to watch.

Letters to Juliet Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Letters to Juliet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Juliet   Letters to Juliet Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters to Juliet
Page 1 of 1