Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Darkness is my friend

Go down 
+13
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Gin
Ruth
Vanesa
Krissy
Honeybee
david
Kristina
jes9
Rhonda
Carol
Kathleen Marie
bethandmanly
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Darkness is my friend Empty
PostSubject: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySun May 06, 2007 11:12 pm

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but when I was watching "Darkness is My Friend" I wondered to myself why Charles would bring Laura back with him into that dangerous situation when he was posing as the doctor. He could made an excuse for her absence.
Betty
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Darkness is my friend Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:49 am

I guess he could have made something up, but perhaps he felt it would have been more dangerous for everyone trapped at the blind school if he showed up without her.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyMon May 07, 2007 1:42 pm

I think it was mentioned in that episode that Mary or the school children would be harmed if Laura didn't come back with the doctor. That is the only reason I can think of why she went back with Charles.

Darkness is my friend KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Darkness is my friend Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyMon May 07, 2007 1:52 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
I think it was mentioned in that episode that Mary or the school children would be harmed if Laura didn't come back with the doctor.

That is right. Those men could have easily thought Laura was getting the police and the men would have hurt Charles, Mary and everyone...

Darkness is my friend Horses10
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyMon May 07, 2007 2:15 pm

Well after seeing these episodes thirty or forty times, hopefully I'll remember some of the story lines ROTFL

Darkness is my friend KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Darkness is my friend Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyMon May 07, 2007 2:35 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
Well after seeing these episodes thirty or forty times, hopefully I'll remember some of the story lines ROTFL

OH MY KATHY!!! You are lagging behind the rest of us, better hurry up and see if you can catch up! :Hahaha:

Darkness is my friend Rhonda10Darkness is my friend Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyMon May 07, 2007 3:49 pm

ROTFL

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyMon May 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Quote :
I think it was mentioned in that episode that Mary or the school children would be harmed if Laura didn't come back with the doctor. That is the only reason I can think of why she went back with Charles.

I don't know how far away Doc Baker was, but it seems like in the time that Laura ran from the blind school to Doc Baker's office, to the Oleson's, to home, and back to the blind school, she might have been able to go get the real Doc Baker. :scratch:

Darkness is my friend JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Darkness is my friend Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyTue May 08, 2007 7:36 am

She probably could've gotten Doc Baker, but if you watch her as she heads out of the house into the storm, she hesitates a bit as to which way to go. Laura knew that Doc could help the hurt criminal, but she KNEW her Pa could help her and Mary......I think she was pondering who to go get, and chose her Pa. Of course, we see Doc show up later and Pa's cover is blown and Doc gets popped on the head.......Laura made the right choice of who to go get........... Thumbsup

Darkness is my friend Rhonda10Darkness is my friend Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyTue May 08, 2007 10:18 am

ACTUALLY.... she DID go get Doc Baker but he wasn't there, then she went to the Oleson's to ask for Doc Baker and Mr. Oleson told her that he was out somewhere.... so then Laura was going to go back, but then decided to get her Pa grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 8:26 am

maybe Charles brought Laura back with him because he didnt want to get in trouble for her not being there, or maybe he thought Laura would be good to keep Mary calm.
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : Darkness is my friend Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 9:53 am

It is exciting to see that one of the villains is the guy who did "Beverly Hills Cop" a few years later. Good actor.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 pm

I just finish this show. Laura was smart, going to her Pa. After she went go get Dr. Baker. when, he wasnt in his office. Then, go to Olsen house, to see, if he was there.

I like Mary's idea. When Kim was scared. Mary told Kim, that God was moving furniture around. when it was thundering outside. (I will used that, next my nieces get scared, when theirs a thunderstorm outside, when they come to visit.)

Funnies part was when Nellie was singing off key. She was still singing off key, when Dr. Baker was in their home.

Nellie: *singing home on the range. (off key.)

Dr. Baker: Nellie.

Nellie: *Stops playing.*

Dr, Baker. Do you need something for your sore throat?

Nellie: *screams, leaves the palor & goes upstairs.* ROTFL

The scariest part, was when Mary is in the corner. That bad guy, was about to her. But she scream so loud. Charles comes in & beat the bad guy up.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Darkness is my friend Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 pm

This one was very scarey. I'd be so scared out of my mind.

I think laura did the right thing going to pa. & if he didn't take her back then it for sure would have blown his cover. Pluse pa wouldn't let anything happen to his girls. Smile

nellie can't sing.poor nels ears laugh3

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Last edited by sweetkrissy2011 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Buttercup wrote:
I just finish this show. Laura was smart, going to her Pa. After she went go get Dr. Baker. when, he wasnt in his office. Then, go to Olsen house, to see, if he was there.

I like Mary's idea. When Kim was scared. Mary told Kim, that God was moving furniture around. when it was thundering outside. (I will used that, next my nieces get scared, when theirs a thunderstorm outside, when they come to visit.)

Funnies part was when Nellie was singing off key. She was still singing off key, when Dr. Baker was in their home.

Nellie: *singing home on the range. (off key.)

Dr. Baker: Nellie.

Nellie: *Stops playing.*

Dr, Baker. Do you need something for your sore throat?

Nellie: *screams, leaves the palor & goes upstairs.* ROTFL

The scariest part, was when Mary is in the corner. That bad guy, was about to her. But she scream so loud. Charles comes in & beat the bad guy up.

I just loved this funny part, since it's always Nels (or at least *almost* always) that saids saucy things to Nellie when she sings off key...The hilarious of the whole situation is that when the Olesons would adpt Nancy...she will sing off key too... HeeHee

Vanesa.

Darkness is my friend Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Darkness is my friend Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:33 am

Mrs. Oleson seems to like their piano or organ or whatever it is..Like in the "The Stranger."
She's out of tune too!!!! Laughing

Leaves Darkness is my friend RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 am

The Olsen ladies are out of tune. Laughing Wonder, if anyone notices when they sing in church. if their off key as well.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Yup that they due. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Darkness is my friend Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:31 pm

We had storms last night and for once we didn't loose power. I popped some popcorn and turned on the Hallmark channel. This episode was on and boy was it a bit creepy with a storm going on for real. I have always loved this one.
One thing that didn't seem real was how calm Mary was in the end when she went up to the children. I think I would have clung to those kids after almost had a guy I couldn't see take avantage/shoot me.
I have to say everyone in this one did an excellant job acting. Even poor Dr. Baker makes getting his bell rung look good.

Darkness is my friend Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:37 pm

I don't think i be that calm either.

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Darkness is my friend Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 pm

I too loved the part when Nellie was singing off key.....this series was so well cast.
(Well maybe not Carrie....but who cares)

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
sunnydayz5
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
sunnydayz5

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:38 am

I just watched this episode yesterday and I do have to say Mary did a few stupid things... First, why couldn't there be Hester Sue's room that she led them to? She took them to the baby!!! Noo and then she yelled Pa! at pa, which gave the robbers more incentive to kill him. scared

Don't get me wrong, Mary has been through a lot (I'm really surprised she doesn't have extreme PTS) but she didn't need to lead them to the baby! I was freaked out for him!

I do think Laura did the right thing in getting pa though. This episode scared me a few times (It reminded me a bit of the Shining when the bathroom scene happened with Mary) and after all that had happened Doc was bleeding from his head wound... thud I felt like collapsing.

But I did love the episode, Albert and dinner was funny (those potatoes are deadly! If you've read the books you may remember what happened to Almanzo in Farmer Boy with an exploding potato) and the Olesons were wonderful as well! Harriet and her clothing, and Nellie and her screeching, I don't dare call it singing laugh3 always set me to laughing!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:45 am

I like this episode, but it's a little creepy. And yes....POOR MATY! Everything wrong that comes in the world ALWAYS happens to HER! HeeHee

Vanesa.

Darkness is my friend Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 am

Now I understand more in her interview why she said Mary got very depressing after she went blind..it was like they couldn't think of happy episodes. She lost their school (twice) she had a miscarriage , a baby die (don't even want to go there) her sight "seem to come back" and then Adam's does instead, she gets taken hostage, she is in a wagon accident, the list goes on. When you see it broken up among the others it isn't quite as noticeable, but I can understand her wanting a little more happiness.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Mary had it rough even before she went blind. For example, she got kicked by a horse and barely survived two operations. Then, John went away to college and cheated on her.

Darkness is my friend JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness is my friend   Darkness is my friend Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness is my friend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next