Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Modeling

Go down 
+6
Ruth
Krissy
Rob
Honeybee
Debbie
Julia
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Modeling - Page 2 Xmassm4

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Carol wrote:
Debbie wrote:
I really don't think this is something that deserves to be in the prayer request section. (I'm sorry in advance for saying this, as I know I will get negative responses for my reply)

Yeah, I don't think God will answer prayers that have to do with modeling ...

Thank you, Carol.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Modeling - Page 2 Happy010

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm

alexczarn wrote:
That's a bit tough.

I didn't say it to be mean Alex.

MissYoungClassic wrote:
Carol wrote:
Debbie wrote:
I really don't think this is something that deserves to be in the prayer request section. (I'm sorry in advance for saying this, as I know I will get negative responses for my reply)
I talk to God about any and everything. I pray to Him about everything because He cares about every aspect of my life. He always will answer them whether it's a "yes", "no", or "in time".

That is commendable that you talk to God about everything. You are right, He does care about every aspect of your life. In reading the bible though, we learn that God does not answer all types of prayers.

1 John 5:14 says: "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."

So, our requests must be in harmony with God’s will. Some pray for things that are clearly not God’s will — to win the lottery or to win a football or soccer game, for example, or to win a bet.
Landing a modeling gig falls in that category to me.

The disciple James warns against such use of prayer, saying: "When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” (James 4:3)

Sometimes we concentrate on our own little world. Imagine all the prayers from people that are suffering in the world with maybe loss of jobs, sickness, struggles with faith, injustice ... I could go on and on. When taking into account those things... certain subjects we might want to pray about are meaningless.

Modeling - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Modeling - Page 2 Headac10

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 pm

I agree with Carol
She's she as a point. Thumbsup

It is good you do ask for help to him. Smile

I do wish you many good luck with your modeling thing.i believe things happen if they are meant to.

I think you should just give it a try and see how it goes. Smiley Hug

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Modeling - Page 2 Cloud910

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Carol wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
That's a bit tough.

I didn't say it to be mean Alex.

MissYoungClassic wrote:
Carol wrote:
Debbie wrote:
I talk to God about any and everything. I pray to Him about everything because He cares about every aspect of my life. He always will answer them whether it's a "yes", "no", or "in time".

That is commendable that you talk to God about everything. You are right, He does care about every aspect of your life. In reading the bible though, we learn that God does not answer all types of prayers.

1 John 5:14 says: "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."

So, our requests must be in harmony with God’s will. Some pray for things that are clearly not God’s will — to win the lottery or to win a football or soccer game, for example, or to win a bet.
Landing a modeling gig falls in that category to me.

The disciple James warns against such use of prayer, saying: "When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” (James 4:3)

Sometimes we concentrate on our own little world. Imagine all the prayers from people that are suffering in the world with maybe loss of jobs, sickness, struggles with faith, injustice ... I could go on and on. When taking into account those things... certain subjects we might want to pray about are meaningless.

Well, the only reason I pray about this is because I've always felt a call to be in this arena to spread the message to be yourself and not to change for anyone. Also, I want to use it as a tool to share my great love and passion for Him and how He matters even in how we dress. That is why I am looking at Christian modeling places. I do not want this for my own glory, I feel God has given me a message to spread and this is how He wants me to spread it. I mean, who is to say modeling is not God's will for me? Just my opinion. There are plenty of scriptures to support what I am saying which is, we can pray about everything because God cares about everything.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Modeling - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Some other examples are I pray when I go shopping. I pray for favor and sales. Everytime it happens. Even yesterday, I went to Payless shoes and found some boots I really wanted, but I knew we most likely could not get them because they were very high priced, being a name brand. (American Eagle) So I didn't say anything to Mom. I didn't want to put any pressure on her. I went off at the other end of the store and said, "God, if you want me to have these shoes, You make it happen, but only if it is Your will." I went up to the sales lady to check and make sure there was no sale on them. There wasn't, but she started saying she could give me discounts and she went digging for coupons and things just so we could take off as much as we could on those shoes! I ended up getting them! That meant the world to me and proved more than ever that God even cares about the "little" things in my life. Modeling - Page 2 811339

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 pm

ohok.okay Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:17 am

As some of you may know, I have decided to pursue a career in modeling. I feel honestly that is where God has called me, I know it sounds odd. I have a vision and the best way to do it is to model. I enjoy the thought and the idea of it. My goal is to be a print/catalog model. NOT runway. Print models are like the ones you see in stores such as Belk, Kohls, JCPenny, etc.
I am right now building my portfolio by having a photographer do photoshoots with me. I've had some offers also that my Mom and Dad are deciding upon. My prayer request is that my parents and I would know who to go with and who to do business with as I further in this choice of career. For God to give us wisdom.

Thank you! Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Prom Guide?   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Has anyone heard of "Prom Guide" or "Prom Guide Magazine"?

The company wants to feature me as one of their new models (they are having a model search right now) to model prom dresses. They have their own website and it all looks good, I just didn't know if anyone had ever heard of it. I personally have never seen their magazine, but I really never care about magazines except Vogue and all the other major fashion magazines.

The main company headquarters are located in New York.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Modeling - Page 2 Bokmal10

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:51 pm

I can't say I've ever heard of them, but I haven't had to worry about a prom in um....many, many years. Smile Here's their website: http://www.promguide.com/

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Sounds great.Good luck..

Not sure if i remeber seeing that one before.....

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Modeling - Page 2 Goodsi10

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Exciting news, Julia!!
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks all! I just always want to make sure things are legit and find out if anyone has heard about them or has even done business with them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modeling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Modeling - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Modeling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: