Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the girl he left behind...

Go down 
+4
Alice
Rhonda
Savannah
Rob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Goodsi10

For the girl he left behind... Empty
PostSubject: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:34 am

A soldier shipping out for an eight-month deployment left this behind for his wife... For the girl he left behind... 18022

For the girl he left behind... YHfIsh

For the girl he left behind... 3joKoh

For the girl he left behind... QLBleh

For the girl he left behind... LeFMah

For the girl he left behind... VJBm6h

For the girl he left behind... EYAFnh
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
For the girl he left behind... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:11 am

For the girl he left behind... 25973 For the girl he left behind... 18022 That's the most beautiful, amazing gift he could possibly have given her. Knowing how much time and love he put into that...it's something she'll treasure forever - and she'll feel treasured every time she reads one of his notes to her. For the girl he left behind... 25973 For the girl he left behind... 18022

*happy sigh* Thank you, Rob. That was a wonderful post.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

This is the best gift he could've ever given her. With technology these days, he can keep in contact other ways, but he chose a handwritten note, you can't get any better than that! Love

For the girl he left behind... Rhonda10For the girl he left behind... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 pm

What a wonderful idea, that is so touching For the girl he left behind... 18022. Thanks for posting this Rob.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:32 pm

How awesome! What a thoughtful man!

For the girl he left behind... PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am

Lisa wrote:
For the girl he left behind... 25973 For the girl he left behind... 18022 That's the most beautiful, amazing gift he could possibly have given her. Knowing how much time and love he put into that...it's something she'll treasure forever - and she'll feel treasured every time she reads one of his notes to her. For the girl he left behind... 25973 For the girl he left behind... 18022

*happy sigh* Thank you, Rob. That was a wonderful post.

bawling Cloud 9

Vanesa.

For the girl he left behind... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:39 am

That's just lovely...

Leaves For the girl he left behind... RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 am

How incredible is that?! thud Beautiful. loveheart

This reminds me of the romance between my parents. Love They met at a dance two weeks before he was stationed with the Navy on Guam. My mom has an entire box of letters my dad wrote to her throughout his duration there, about a year. The box looks as packed full as this case here. When he returned, they were madly in love and married shortly thereafter, and just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in May. Love My dad still hasn't let us read all the letters; my sisters and I have only read a few. The written word can be a very romantic and powerful thing ...my mom always said that my dad expressed his feelings beautifully and won her heart this way. Amazing, considering they barely had time to spend together in person before getting married! And the rest is history! Wink

This is the portrait that Lisa did for my parents' 50th anniversary! loveheart Applause

For the girl he left behind... Mom_an10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 am

Beautiful story, Amy. And what a beautiful portrait. It represents a lot of wonderful people: your Mom, your Dad, you, and Lisa. For the girl he left behind... 6472
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : For the girl he left behind... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:42 am

Aww, thank you Rob. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the girl he left behind...   For the girl he left behind... Empty

Back to top Go down

For the girl he left behind...
Page 1 of 1