Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

paper!

Go down 
+4
LHDaisy
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
ChristinaAL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

paper! Empty
PostSubject: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 12:48 am

Hi everyone! As I've mentioned before, I'm taking a few courses during the summer semester to satisfy some credits. The one I am taking right now is a Women's Studies course and we are required to write several papers on influential women, women in the news, women in different fields of work, the topics are pretty broad. I thought, this is the perfect opportunity to do something fun - why not write a paper about Laura Ingalls Wilder being a female pioneer? Both literally, on the prairie through her travels from her life, and with her stories. Do you all think this would be a good topic? I have to squeeze it into a 3 - 4 page paper, so I'm trying to think of specific ideas I can mention in the paper now before I actually write it. I know she also wrote newspaper articles and was an influential woman in her community before writing the LH books. And, I know we have a few LIW experts here on our prairie - do any of you have any suggestions, such as, what works of or about LIW I could specifically focus on to find what I need? I have The Donald Zochert book as well as William Anderson's Biography of LIW, that I thought would help on her growing up and history, as well as a few other books. I'm just not sure what works I should particularly focus on to find what I need.

Thanks for your time :)

paper! ChristinaKeeper2 paper! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : paper! Happy010

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 10:10 am

Christina, I think that's a great idea! Thumbsup

paper! Horses10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : paper! Happy011

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 10:44 am

That is an AWESOME topic!!!! grinsmiley grinsmiley In high school we had to write a paper on our favorite musician or singing group. I knew exactly who I wanted to write about: The Beatles! grinsmiley My friend wrote about NSYNC, lol. It's fun to write about your favorite people! grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 12:35 pm

I think it would be a GREAT topic!! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
paper! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : paper! Happy010

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 12:39 pm

What a fabulous idea, Christina! I'd love to read it when you finish. The books that you mentioned should give you some really good information to go with.
Back to top Go down

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 1:04 pm

I can't actually help but I think it's a wonderful idea. It will keep you interested in your paper if you enjoy the topic. You definatly have to put it in here, when you're done, I'd llove to read it.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : paper! Cloud910

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 2:03 pm

I think it is a great idea. There is one book you might be interested in checking out if you want to read some of the artices that Laura wrote for the newspaper. Here is an ebay auction you might want to check out. Great book.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/LAURA-INGALLS-WILDER-Little-House-In-The-Ozarks-Writing_W0QQitemZ150127851973QQihZ005QQcategoryZ378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I would love to read your paper as well. Let me know if there is any information that I can help you look up. I have many books to look in.
Good luck.

paper! MarilynKeeper paper! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyThu May 31, 2007 10:25 pm

Thanks for your positive comments :) I will definitely post the paper (or, if it's too long, maybe PM it), when it's finished :) I don't think I'm going to do it for this upcoming week's paper, I kind of want to take my time to work on it since I know I will enjoy reading about LIW along the way.

Marilyn, I actually have that book! grinsmiley It's one of the first ones that came to my mind when I thought of this paper topic Thumbsup

paper! ChristinaKeeper2 paper! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 6:00 pm

You should definitely write the paper on Laura! That would be so cool and we could all help you out if you need it lol.

paper! MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : paper! Happy011

paper! Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper!   paper! EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Thats a Good Idiea I want to read to

paper! Jacobk10paper! Jacob210