Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Laura's Love Story

Go down 
+3
Vanesa
bethandmanly
jessicamarie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142
Mood : Laura - Laura's Love Story Bokmal10

Laura - Laura's Love Story Empty
PostSubject: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Just found out about this book on amazon. Looks like it could be good, but I'm not sure. Has anyone read it? If so, how was it?

Here's a link to it on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Lauras-Love-Story-Lifetime-Ingalls/dp/1452839565/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349660592&sr=8-1&keywords=lauras+love+story

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I haven't read it, but like all many books, the reviews swing wildly. Some says it's a waste of money, others sing its praises. This book and White's book on The Long Hard Winter, which Laura wrote about in The Long Winter, are said to have a choppy writing style and a not a lot of new detail. One complaint about Laura's Love Story is that there is no dialogue in it. That does seem unusual. If I could find the book for very cheap I would buy it, but even the Kindle version is $7.99. That's too much for me to spend to find out I am disappointed.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Well, I'm going to try to find it at my library, but I just wanted to know ahead of time if it was any good.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 am

I'm not ashamed to say that I tend to waste my money in ALL Wilder's material I could even get. I've read some of Martha's, harlotte's, Caroline's and Rose's years, even knowing it's almost 70% fiction. But I just love to read EVERYTHING about Laura's family and times. grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Laura - Laura's Love Story Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 am

Haha, I know what you mean! I've read, watched, whatever--anything LIW related!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Laura - Laura's Love Story Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Vanesa, I'm with you. All things Laura are all over my house. One of these days i will have to find someone with the love for Laura as I do. Then pass it all down to them.
I would love to read it...

Laura - Laura's Love Story Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Laura - Laura's Love Story Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:25 pm

never heard of the book

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Laura - Laura's Love Story Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:07 pm

I don't have this book but I do have another one by this author called Devotions With Laura. It's ok, haven't got too far into it yet. I saw them both at the Museum in WG and had to choose between them.

Laura - Laura's Love Story MarilynKeeper Laura - Laura's Love Story Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:02 am

LIWnut wrote:
I don't have this book but I do have another one by this author called Devotions With Laura. It's ok, haven't got too far into it yet. I saw them both at the Museum in WG and had to choose between them.

What's "Devotion with Laura" about?

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Laura - Laura's Love Story Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:02 pm

It takes Laura's favourite bible verses and comments on them, gives a chapter on how and why it might have been her favourite and what it might mean to us today.

Laura - Laura's Love Story MarilynKeeper Laura - Laura's Love Story Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:59 am

LIWnut wrote:
It takes Laura's favourite bible verses and comments on them, gives a chapter on how and why it might have been her favourite and what it might mean to us today.

Thanks for your explanation! It sounds really good!

Vanesa. Smile

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Laura - Laura's Love Story Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 pm

LIWnut wrote:

Sounds very good!

Laura - Laura's Love Story Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laura's Love Story   Laura - Laura's Love Story Empty

Back to top Go down

Laura's Love Story
Page 1 of 1