Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

halloween

Go down 
+24
Shell
julmer70
Honeybee
MissOleson
Krissy
Rob
flatbroke
edwina
bethandmanly
Teresa
carolineingalls
JW
Amy
Misti
EllieJane
Carol
Rhonda
ChristinaAL
georgiagirl1993
pamh36
Vanesa
Savannah
HarrisonCrosby4387
emilyanneoftheprairie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Pbucket

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Susie wrote:
Just taking the boys trick or treating this year. They are begging me not to make them girls this year. :haha:

ROTFL

Poor kids! They'll be growing up with a complex!

halloween - Page 3 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Happy011

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Well You Know how i would dress up if i did Halloween? I would Dress Up Like MRS Doubtfire :Hahaha:

halloween - Page 3 Doubtfire_P60989-thumb

halloween - Page 3 Jacobk10halloween - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
halloween - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Happy010

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:21 pm

:faint2: :faint2: :faint2:
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Don't You Think I could do it?

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Well If you you don't think i could do it then don't feel Bad i don't think i could pull that one off lol Laughing

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 7:58 pm

JW wrote:
Don't You Think I could do it?

Oh, I'm not saying that you couldn't do it. I'm just kind of creeped out at the picture. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 pm

My sister, brother-in-law, and 18 month old nephew, Logan will be coming up to visit on Thursday afternoon for Halloween weekend. They live in West Des Moines, Iowa, so it's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive up to Minneapolis. It will be nice having them here for a few days. My daughter, Emily, is going to be Princess Jasmine (from Aladdin), and Shane is going to be a chicken. LOL!! My nephew is going to be an Iowa State football player. (My husband, sister, and I went to college there.) My brother-in-law went to the University of Oregon, so I'm sure that my nephew will be dressed up as an athlete from that university at some point within the next few years. As I'm sure Shane will also be sporting the Iowa State athlete costume. Shane thinks that I am also going to be dressing up like a chicken, but that WON'T be happening anytime soon. LOL!!

halloween - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Love-s10

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Aw, no chicken costume for Teresa??? Come on---you don't want to give Shane a complex by being the only chicken out there! :haha:

Jacob!!! I have no words!! :Hahaha:

And I forgot to mention, we have an annual Halloween party with the daycare---they love getting in their costumes and we usually listen to fun 'spooky' music and I make Halloween cupcakes and send them home with lots of sugar. Their parents love me! batEyes grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Purple2

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:20 pm

I have to work Halloween night, but we are allowed to dress up if we want......So....I will be digging my Raggedy Ann costume out and getting it ironed and ready to go......thing is......we still have to wear our name tags........ :haha:

halloween - Page 3 Rhonda10halloween - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Bokmal10

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 pm

We went to a Halloween alternative party at church last weekend. Games, pony rides, hay rides, a pinata, and some good food. The winds were too severe for the bon fire we planned, but our worship team did a great job entertaining us onstage...even though around the fire would have been nicer. The Good Lord held off the rain until it was almost over.

We have tons of kids on the street, so we'll be busy. My son was supposed to take the girls out for us so we would be home for the trick-or-treaters, but he has to work; so one of us will go out with the girls and the other will stay home.

Maybe now the kids will let me get rid of all that leftover Easter candy.
Laughing

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Party010

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:34 pm

We are taking the boys trick or treating in my in-laws neighborhood. If I could have gotten off early enough I would have taken them to "Down Town" Redlands. The city provides candy to all the stores down this one street and they call it Safe trick or treating.

halloween - Page 3 EdwinaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 9:17 am

halloween - Page 3 Ee131019

Happy Halloween! :paperbag: Well, I'm still waiting on word from 13 year old if he IS going trick-or-treating tonight! Apparently some of his friends DO want to go (last minute Whistle ) and it's not like we have bought a costume. So I told him he'll have to wear his Gladiator costume from last year. Here is Nick from Last year---I love this pic!

https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Amy37_photo/DSCF0681.jpg

halloween - Page 3 Halloween_pets_01

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Party010

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:52 am

I've decided that, with all the candy I've handed out for years, this year, when I get a bunch at once, I'm just gonna throw a bunch of candy on the porch, and the fastest kid will get the most.

Might as well make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Sounds like a plan Larry! Thumbsup :haha: (love the animated skeleton, btw! Wink ).

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 1:26 pm

Amy wrote:
halloween - Page 3 Ee131019

Happy Halloween! :paperbag: Well, I'm still waiting on word from 13 year old if he IS going trick-or-treating tonight! Apparently some of his friends DO want to go (last minute Whistle ) and it's not like we have bought a costume. So I told him he'll have to wear his Gladiator costume from last year. Here is Nick from Last year---I love this pic!

https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Amy37_photo/DSCF0681.jpg

halloween - Page 3 Halloween_pets_01

That's a great picture of Nick! And I LOVE the trick-or-treating dogs! :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks Savannah! He's a ham, can you tell? batEyes

And I love those dogs too---I thought they went well with my Snoopy avy. :haha: Now, I just wonder how the heck the photographer got them to pose like that... :think:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 pm

Amy wrote:
:haha: Now, I just wonder how the heck the photographer got them to pose like that... :think:

Laughing I wondered the same thing! I can't even get Opie to sit still with a costume on, and he's just one little creature!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Goodsi10

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:43 pm

halloween - Page 3 8_1_225 How many trick-or-treaters did everyone have? My neighborhood is pretty quiet, so I only had 15. I thought there might be more, because it was a beautiful evening.

I don't know if it's just where I live, but every year I'm impressed by how polite the kids are. It's extremely rare for any of them to not say thank you. And many of them throw in a "Have a happy Halloween," too.

All in all, a very nice holiday.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 7:34 pm

We Only had 6 the Kids Last year there were i think 14 the Kids All Hit the newest Houses that look rich lol I Don't mind if there are not many kids i hoping for 3 next year

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Headac10

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 pm

So do you guy's do anything for this hoilday? I loved it has a kid dressing up and go out for candy.Now i don't really care for it.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Indiff10

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I, of course, went trick-or-treating as a kid. And the only "special" thing I ever did was the Girl Scout Halloween Hop. I won 1st prize for my costume. I was Miss America. grinsmiley

Anyway, where I live, trick-or-treat is always on the Sunday afternoon before Halloween (unless Halloween falls on a Saturday - then it is that day). So I will be handing the goodies out to the kids. I LOVED going trick-or-treating as a kid. And even though I don't have any kids of my own (yet!), I don't want to deprive any other kids of the fun that I had when I was younger.

I actually really do like Halloween. I like to decorate for it. I really have never done anything on Halloween as an adult. Generally, though, if there is one of those live ghost hunts on TV (i.e. "Ghost Hunters" does it on Syfy - I don't know if there will be one this year yet) I will stay in and watch that on Halloween night.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Headac10

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:22 pm

That's cool

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:29 pm

I am going to a Halloween party this year. I will either be a dark angel or red riding hood, not sure which.

halloween - Page 3 Hummerhalloween - Page 3 MistiKeeperhalloween - Page 3 Bookclub5halloween - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Oh fun, Misti! Thumbsup

I'll be handing out candy too, Miss Oleson. I love seeing all the kids in their costumes, although we don't get that many anymore. And like you, I LOVED trick-or-treating as a kid, and loved taking my kids out (except for the year that I was deathly ill and it was freezing and rainy, and I STILL took my older son out Yikes)....like you said, to this day I still enjoy being a part of it somehow. Smile

I noticed though as I'm getting older I'm becoming less 'into' Halloween, and I think that's because my youngest is growing up (17) and doesn't really care much anymore. He really could care less now if I put the spooky stuff out in the house or not...a few years back he loved that stuff. But now I'm just more into fall harvest decor. I may put a few little things out, but won't be going 'all out' like I used to.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : halloween - Page 3 Indiff10

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Misti wrote:
I am going to a Halloween party this year. I will either be a dark angel or red riding hood, not sure which.
I like the sound of a dark angel. It sounds a little more mysterious. Smile

Amy wrote:
I'll be handing out candy too, Miss Oleson. I love seeing all the kids in their costumes, although we don't get that many anymore. And like you, I LOVED trick-or-treating as a kid, and loved taking my kids out (except for the year that I was deathly ill and it was freezing and rainy, and I STILL took my older son out Yikes)....like you said, to this day I still enjoy being a part of it somehow. Smile
There aren't as many kids around me as there used to be either. Of course, whenever I think it is going to be this dull, dead day, they all come flocking, in BIG herds, around the end of the day! I don't know how it is where you live, but there are all of these other things that go on now. Parks, the zoo, libraries, et.c., seem to do their own things, too. Maybe not as many kids go door-to-door because they do these other things instead. Who knows? Of course, maybe there aren't as many kids living in the neighborhood anymore. But I know that isn't true. They are always roaming all over the place. What I think it is, around my house, is that less people give anything out. And I think those kids learn to not come around my neighborhood. At least they avoid my block. And, in reality, who can blame them?

More than once I had to take my brothers' kids! Heaven forbid they take their own kids. It was cute, though. My one nephew was so little but he just wanted to keep going. And then he got so tired that he collapsed going up the steps to the house. HeeHee Then I took another nephew and his sister one year. We went to the house of people that we knew and they always decked the house out. It was pretty creepy. They were scared but they got their candy. Then this group of kids came. They were TERRIFIED! The mothers were laughing so hard. And all of a sudden I looked down to see the one little girl staring at that front yard, but her back was to me, her arm up in the air and her hand opening and closing for me to take it. I didn't know who the kid was! As soon as I took her hand (I felt so bad for her HeeHee - I shouldn't laugh - she was scared!), her other arm went up for me to pick her up and she NEVER took her eyes off that yard. So I picked her up and she kept playing with my zipper. She was so nervous. And then "my" kids were looking at me like I was crazy because I am holding this strange kid! Smile Oh, when her mother saw her, she couldn't stop laughing. She was so cute, though. But the same year we went to this other house that was always a great house for Halloween. It was set a little bit further back and it had this big tree in the front. Everyone always wanted to go there. So I took them. I went up there with the kids and a huge group of other kids. Suddenly the scarecrow (who was a real man) jumped up and yelled. Of course, all of the kids screamed. But they went up there and got their candy. When I turned around, my nephew was just standing there. He would NOT move! I literally tried PULLING him and he wouldn't budge! Finally the guy took off his mask and said "I won't scare him", but he would NOT move! So I got his candy for him. Later he said "He didn't scare me". Yeah, right! greenS And then there was the year I had to take my niece (the sister that I just mentioned). She was Cinderella. She looked so cute. But she decided that she wasn't going to go. So I told her that I wanted to go. I managed to get her to go because I said I wanted to. Yet, she had to be the one to get candy. I didn't get anything. I don't know how she didn't think that was weird. Smile Anyway, there were these 2 men. They weren't giving out candy. And I don't know what it was, but he made the other guy go in the house to get something for her. And he came out with a pack of gum! I think it was Juicy Fruit. A 5 pack. Smile And then he said "She's so pretty. Just as pretty as her mother". Now I, of course, could've corrected him, but why not take the compliment even though she wasn't mine. batEyes Oh, it was funny. grinsmiley

Amy wrote:
I noticed though as I'm getting older I'm becoming less 'into' Halloween, and I think that's because my youngest is growing up (17) and doesn't really care much anymore. He really could care less now if I put the spooky stuff out in the house or not...a few years back he loved that stuff. But now I'm just more into fall harvest decor. I may put a few little things out, but won't be going 'all out' like I used to.
It is kind of sad, though, isn't it when you know it is getting towards the end of a kid not caring as much as they used to? I still haven't put anything out. I think it will be warm enough to do it on Thursday (it is late than usual for me to do it). I'll take it down around November 2nd and then I'll put out more Harvest things.

Speaking of decorations, what has always frustrated me are the houses that are SO decorated but they don't give out any candy. I have never understood that. That just teases the kids. Then I feel sorry for the people that buy so much candy but people just skip their houses because most people assume that if they aren't decorated, they won't give out candy. That is generally the case. I wish people would even stick a paper pumpkin on their door to let everyone know that you can go to their house for candy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

halloween - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: halloween   halloween - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

halloween
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next