Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MissOleson-Comings and Goings

Go down 
+16
Alice
littlehouselover
julmer70
HarrisonCrosby4387
Honeybee
Savannah
bethandmanly
Amy
Krissy
Vanesa
Gin
Rob
Lori
alexczarn
JW
MissOleson
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Indiff10

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Empty
PostSubject: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 am

That is kind of a pointless statement to make considering I am MIA a good amount of time, anyway.   Smile  Nevertheless I decided to mention it now.   Smile

This is no vacation, though.  Basically I will be heading to Iowa to try to do some genealogical research.  At this rate, I don't think I am going to have much luck (I really just want to obtain records).  I have found that there are some complications to this, but I will give it a try no matter what.  If nothing else, I want to visit gravesites of members of my family.

I haven't decided whether I will make a side-trip to Missouri to go to the Wilson's Creek Battlefield.  I REALLY would like to be there on August 10th.  That will be the exact day of the 150th anniversary of the battle.  I would like to say that I have been there on that day (in case I can't make it to any of the others that I wanted to go to).  So we'll see about that.  They are going to have this reenactment that weekend but I have to be home by then for this: http://www.luxamculturalsociety.org/heritage_weekend.html.  Yeah, I wouldn't normally care about something like this, but it just so happens that one of the "Honored Families" is connected to mine (which is the point of the Iowa trip).  So.....I kind of want to go out of sheer curiosity to see what these people look like.   grinsmiley

Anyway, let's hope all works out in Iowa.  There really is nothing I hate more than having a goal and not being able to accomplish it even halfway.    

I will be leaving this Saturday.  I am going to go up to Green Bay for Wilder Days and then just go from there.  Yes, Green Bay is in a different direction, but I kind of feel like I am "out" already so I might as well keep going.   Smile

***I just realized that I have not given my reviews for the NKOTBSB concert, the Monkees concert and "Jersey Boys" (or even the concert version of the Stephen Sondheim musical "Company" that they showed in movie theaters).  But I think I will save that until I get back.  Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Happy011

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:38 am

Have a nice trip i hope you find lots of Cool stuff about your Family i really envy you that you are going a trip just to do some genealogical research Smile

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Jacobk10MissOleson-Comings and Goings Jacob210
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Happy010

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 am

All the best MissOleson! Have a great trip!

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 am

Have a good trip.

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 am

Hope it's a good trip for you!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Sounds fun...safe travels.

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Have a good trip Miss Oleson! I've also done a genealogical research some days ago, and I thought I shouldn't have much luck either...but I was more than lucky and found a lot of data in the christening, mariage and death records of Argentina Catholic Church.

I'm sure you'll find something really interesting! Go and see! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Headac10

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Have a good trip/ Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks, guys. Smile

I still haven't packed. I have actually had trouble with my tires. So I have to go in for that tomorrow morning. Then when I get back I will pack (I tend to do this stuff last minute - seriously, I could know that I was going away for 6 months, and have a basic idea of where I am going, but I won't plan anything out until the night before I go Smile ).

JW wrote:
Have a nice trip i hope you find lots of Cool stuff about your Family i really envy you that you are going a trip just to do some genealogical research Smile
Oh, so do I. I am a little irritated, though, because I contacted the one county's historical society and they still haven't gotten back to me. So I hope I won't be in for some surprise when I get there (i.e. need an appointment to do research; not allowed to do any research; et.c.). There is a specific record that I know is there that I want to get. And I have to get it then. After all, I apparently can't contact this historical society and get a response from them. I can't count on them to get it for me. So I will have to do everything myself (hopefully I will be able to).

Vanesa wrote:
Have a good trip Miss Oleson! I've also done a genealogical research some days ago, and I thought I shouldn't have much luck either...but I was more than lucky and found a lot of data in the christening, mariage and death records of Argentina Catholic Church.

I'm sure you'll find something really interesting! Go and see! Thumbsup

Vanesa.
Oh, seriously? You see, I contacted the one church about records. There are two Catholic churches in the town where my grandmother is from. The only reason I assume that I contacted the correct church is because I have a Confirmation certificate for my great-grandmother (she became a Catholic after she married my great-grandfather). Anyway, there is also a cemetery connected to that church. So I asked them if I find out the locations of the gravesites from them (assuming this is where my family is buried) and then I asked if I would be able to obtain records from them (I was particularly interested in baptism records). Well, guess what? She told me I could go there for the graves, but I was told that the records are too "fragile" to handle. So she can't help me with that. She then told me to try the courthouse (which I knew I could try but they wouldn't have anything for baptisms, of course). Then she said something about contacting the Diocese in the city nearby. She said that they might have records there. MIGHT! When I looked up their website, they basically said that they might look for a person. They don't really want to. That is how I took it. I just don't know what to do. It is all very depressing. I am SO JEALOUS of you right now for being able to get a hold of those records because I know I won't be able to get mine. Blue

Not to complain, but why don't they digitize their records before they are lost? I mean, honestly, don't even save them if you are never going to use them. mad

Oh! But this is funny (well, not funny, but you know what I mean Smile ). She told me that they are putting all of the gravesites online. But the ones that they currently don't have up are between 1880 and 1945. Guess what? THOSE ARE THE YEARS THAT I NEED!!! banghead

Oh, I really hope this trip ends up easier than I am now anticipating! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:04 am

Wow, I am really sorry I missed this! I hope you had a good (and productive) trip Miss Oleson!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: I'm back - sort of   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 am

I have actually been back for almost a month now, but I haven't been doing too well. Basically, I've had some issues with my teeth for awhile now. But this one, in particular, seemed to just take over. So I had no choice but to go to the dentist (I was holding off because I don't have insurance right now). Then I found out that it isn't actually THAT tooth that hurts but the one next to it. So that one had to be pulled. Anyway, I won't list the rest of the problems that I have, but with what they are, it is going to take awhile to fix (the one procedure I am really dreading). And because of all of this I don't plan on being online. In fact, I got that tooth pulled today (well, yesterday, if we are going to be technical about it Smile ). I am only online right now because I just can't sleep (I figured that I might as well check my emails). So I thought this would be a good time to let everyone know what is going on with me.

I have a little to say about Wilder Days and the trip and stuff, but that will all have to wait a little bit, though. Just be patient with me. Smile

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am

Hope all goes well and you heal quickly. The dentist can be a dreaded visit, but its not all bad. Check in with us soon.

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 am

I HATE the dentist. lol

Hope all goes well MissOleson!

MissOleson-Comings and Goings Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 am

hope everything goes okay for you.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:43 am

Glad to have you back, Miss O!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:35 am

I hope things get better for you soon. Lingering mouth/teeth issues are not fun to deal with. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Don't worry, MissOleson. Take your time! Smile I know that dentist visit is NOT fun. I just hate to go to dentist, but of course one must go there time to time... grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks, guys! It really hasn't been a fun experience for me but it is something that has to get done! It has really been a miserable past few weeks. And I am still not done! I told them, at the dentist office, that they are really making my Halloween depressing this year! None of the mellowcreme pumpkins, popcorn balls and caramel apples (without nuts only!). bawling

Anyway, I wanted to stop by today and try to get caught up with things. Smile

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Why I haven't been around....I'm back now (update)   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:36 am

Hey!

It has been awhile. I do sneak on here every now and then to see what is happening, but I haven't really had any time to "hang out" here.

Basically, I know people know about my tooth issues. Well, it seemed that RIGHT after that things started to happen with my mother. Essentially since November she has been in the hospital 4 times and a rehab place twice. It is a big, long, kind of complicated story. Right now she was in rehab but is back in the hospital for something that was discovered there (rehab). And unfortunately she will be going back to rehab when she is done with the hospital (you have NO idea how I want all of this to be over with and just have her back home again).

So, I just wanted to say - in case anyone cared Smile - that I haven't left this place. I have just had a lot of other things going on. But I will be back. I still haven't talked about Wilder Days from last July, have I? And Alison Arngrim will be at it this year. So that will be something!

Anyway, I will hopefully be back here again soon. Smile

Last edited by MissOleson on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
MissOleson-Comings and Goings Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:02 pm

I've been wondering about you, MissOleson. I'm sure sorry to hear that things have been so stressful and difficult. I can so relate to just wanting to have your Mom HOME again. MissOleson-Comings and Goings 410460 You'll be in my prayers, and so will your Mom. I look forward to when you're able to stop in more and relax and visit again! Keep us posted as you're able, please!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Smiley Hug aww.Hope things get better

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:57 pm

I'll pray for you & your mom.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 am

I can understand you, Miss Oleson. Modern life is not easy and sometimes, doesn't let us time to do things we really like to do. Blue

I'm praying for you and your mother. And of course we care about your problems, my dear one! Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings Happy011

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:34 am

Prayers and good wishes go out to you from me! Hope things get better soon! Miss ya!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:26 am

Hope to see you back here soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings Empty

Back to top Go down

MissOleson-Comings and Goings
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next