Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MissOleson-Comings and Goings

Go down 
+16
Alice
littlehouselover
julmer70
HarrisonCrosby4387
Honeybee
Savannah
bethandmanly
Amy
Krissy
Vanesa
Gin
Rob
Lori
alexczarn
JW
MissOleson
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Indiff10

MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I am finally done with setting things up.  Unfortunately I had to get a new printer, too. Blue  I really liked my old one.  And it still worked fine.  It just wasn't compatible with the new computer.  Luckily, my old monitor and speakers work.  So I didn't have to spend money on that.

And, yes, they were kicking us XP users out, but it just so happened that my computer was dying, anyway.  I was going to hang onto the old one as long as I could.  The fact that I had to upgrade gave me no choice but to do it now.  The old one was like it was literally dying, though.  It was kind of sad, actually.  But it lasted 9 years for me.

I can tell the difference with this one compared to the old one.  It is MUCH faster, for one thing.  I did like a lot of things about the old one better (truthfully, thus far, I am not the biggest fan of Windows 8 - but I have NO choice!).

I did lose a lot of files in the process.  Namely, my genealogy file.  THOUSANDS of names are GONE.  And I hadn't gotten around to making paper copies yet.  So, all of the time and effort was wasted.  I will try to search for all of it again.  But who knows how long that will take?  And I know it is going to be so hard. cryB 

Anyway, I can now be on here more.  No more getting frustrated when the computer goes too slow, or freezes up, and then just giving up being online for days at a time because of my frustration.  So I am actually back this time.   Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Great to have you back with us.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:34 pm

I had to upgrade to a new computer because of XP too. But I got the tech guys at the store to put my important files from the old tower to the new one. If you still have your old hard drive, maybe the files are still safe and all you have to do is get them transferred.
I love my new computer. The old one lasted 10 years for me as well and it was still working like a charm but I didn't want to take a chance of getting a virus that I couldn't get rid of.
Welcome Home.

MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 MarilynKeeper MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Hey!

Yes, here I am again.   Smile 

I have no big reason for why I was missing this time, but it was essentially a case of where I was tired of the online world.  I guess you could say that I took a sort of sabbatical from the internet.   I had some things going on in life that weren't too good.  So you think you can "get away" from real life by going online.  And you really can't.  People online can be quite rude, obnoxious, mean, nasty, inconsiderate and downright annoying.   And I have a tendency to open my mouth when I feel it is necessary to do so to these people.  But I was just so tired of debating/arguing over what is, in reality, nonsense.  So, with all that I had happening in my "real" life, I didn't need anything else to upset me more.  

Why did I not come here at least?  Well, there are good sites and bad sites, but I needed to avoid them all.  Basically, if I would go to a good site, it would be awfully hard for me to not go to the bad one.  And I don't think I had the willpower at that time to avoid confrontation.   Smile  Other than emails, and other "important" stuff like that, I really did avoid the computer.

Anyway, I am back now.  I really can't be gone anymore because there are some things that I HAVE to do online now (these things will cause me to be online for a couple of hours a day).  And for that reason, I really can no longer avoid any of the websites that I frequent.   Smile 

But to tell you the truth, there is nothing more aggravating when there is a site that you have spent a long time on for quite a few years and then it gets brought down by some unpleasant new member who seems to like to push people's buttons over such ridiculous stuff.   mad

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Oh! Glad to have you back, MissOleson!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:09 pm

I know that I haven't been around here lately, but that has been no fault of my own (see this link: https://lhotp.editboard.com/t10236-site-problems Smile ).

But I will be GONE next week for a few days. And I don't know, as of right now, if I will be able to access this site at all. I seem to have a little trouble when it comes to using my tablet. Well, it isn't that I have trouble as much as the way the site looks on there that drives me batty! Smile So, I will just not come around here until I come back.

Anyway, I am off to DC. There is this Lincoln tribute going on at Ford's Theatre. So, that is what I will doing. It would've been fun going down to Appomattox, Virginia for the "end" of the war this week, but it was a choice between that or going to DC. I chose DC. Smile I suppose it is a tiny bit morbid what I am going there for, but I am no crazier than all of the others that will be there next week!

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:36 am

Sounds interesting. Tell us about it when you get back.

MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Thanks! Will do!

I changed my plans to leave a day later than I was originally going to. So, I will be leaving on Sunday and will be back by the following Saturday.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:14 am

Have a safe trip and lots of fun!! CoolG

MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Jacobk10MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Yes, I am back. Smile I came back on Sunday instead of Saturday. I would've stopped by yesterday but I ended up with such a migraine. Blue Anyway, just wanted to say that I am back and I plan on catching up with everything here over the next few days. I still have some unpacking and putting away to do first. I think the worst part of a trip is the unpacking! Smile

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 3:03 pm

I'm glad that you're back, and that you're over your migraine. Those are so brutal! I hope you had a great trip!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Welcome back

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks. Smile

But I have to add something. I am going out-of-town again this coming weekend. I found out last week that I have enough points to get 2 free hotel nights. So, I am traveling down to Springfield, Illinois. They are going to have a reenactment of Lincoln's funeral.

When all is said and done, I will tell everyone about all of it (including DC).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MissOleson-Comings and Goings   MissOleson-Comings and Goings - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

MissOleson-Comings and Goings
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4