Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blonde Anne Shirley?

Go down 
+5
Rob
Honeybee
Gin
bethandmanly
Krissy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Headac10

Blonde Anne Shirley?  Empty
PostSubject: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 am

I'M sorry but i hate this cover. It's disrespectful. I won't buy it. Anne is a red head girl with pig tails. Not a blonde blue eye girl. Lucy. MM wouldn't approve of it.

What you think?

Blonde Anne Shirley?  299337_502615943112942_775618601_n

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I guess I'm more confused by it than anything. Why is she wearing a contemporary top instead of a period appropriate dress? Oh, and why are they trying to make her look like a model instead of a starved, stick-thin orphan?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:13 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I guess I'm more confused by it than anything. Why is she wearing a contemporary top instead of a period appropriate dress? Oh, and why are they trying to make her look like a model instead of a starved, stick-thin orphan?

Same with me.Doesn't really make sence or match the store

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 am

NOPE....Anne Shirley was a red head for sure. This little tart doesn't even come close. She might make a good ad for some blonde brownies though. grinsmiley

Blonde Anne Shirley?  Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 am

Don't know what they were thinking!!!!

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm

No way. Cheryl is right, she looks like a model not orphan.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:52 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Oh, and why are they trying to make her look like a model instead of a starved, stick-thin orphan?
Most models DO look like starved, stick-thin orphans. Blonde Anne Shirley?  811339
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Rob wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
Oh, and why are they trying to make her look like a model instead of a starved, stick-thin orphan?
Most models DO look like starved, stick-thin orphans. Blonde Anne Shirley?  811339

So true. HeeHee

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:13 pm

well ya models don't really eat much lol

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:47 pm

I think the book has been done by the same people that did the Matthew Laborteaux book. Whistle
Blonde Anne Shirley?  51bcxw10
Blonde Anne Shirley?  Photos10

Blonde Anne Shirley?  Rhonda10Blonde Anne Shirley?  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 pm

oh instersting

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 pm

"Take me back to Walnut Grove... I became Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein there." Blonde Anne Shirley?  68167

Last edited by Rob on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 pm

That chick doesn't look like a young girl of Avonlea in them days!!!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Rob wrote:
"Take me back to Walnut Grove... I became Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechenstein there." Blonde Anne Shirley?  68167

Laughing

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:22 am

Wow... scratchead

Rob wrote:
"Take me back to Walnut Grove... I became Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechenstein there." Blonde Anne Shirley?  68167

laugh3
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I'M sorry but i hate this cover. It's disrespectful. I won't buy it. Anne is a red head girl with pig tails. Not a blonde blue eye girl. Lucy. MM wouldn't approve of it.

What you think?

Blonde Anne Shirley?  299337_502615943112942_775618601_n

I'm sick and tired of publishers trying to change books and stuff like this. No Besides y'all are right, it looks nothing like Anne at all.

Blonde Anne Shirley?  Alexke11
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:31 am

It seems to be part of publishing in general lately. I wonder if cover shots like this are cheaper than paying an illustrator. The way it works with my publishers is that I share a portion of the royalties with whoever illustrated my book. Seems it might be cheaper to pay a photographer a one time fee.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Oh i never new that.Maybe that could be why.Tho the cover really has nothing to do with the actreal book.

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Blonde Anne Shirley?  Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
It seems to be part of publishing in general lately. I wonder if cover shots like this are cheaper than paying an illustrator. The way it works with my publishers is that I share a portion of the royalties with whoever illustrated my book. Seems it might be cheaper to pay a photographer a one time fee.

Oh, that's interesting. But even if they did have a photographer take a picture of a real person instead of an illustrator draw for the cover shot, couldn't they have found a girl that looked more like the real Anne did in the book/movie(s)? And had her dress more like the time period in which the books were set? Lol...Huh?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

Oh, that's interesting. But even if they did have a photographer take a picture of a real person instead of an illustrator draw for the cover shot, couldn't they have found a girl that looked more like the real Anne did in the book/movie(s)? And had her dress more like the time period in which the books were set? Lol...Huh?

tHAT BEEN a good idea lol

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 pm

At the very least, they could have photoshopped different clothes onto her.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 am

Rob wrote:
At the very least, they could have photoshopped different clothes onto her.

true.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Here's an article on the subject...

Book Lovers Outraged Over "Anne" Cover
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Rob wrote:
Here's an article on the subject...

Book Lovers Outraged Over "Anne" Cover

Well that explains it. Self-publishing allows you to do just about anything. What surprises me, though, is that it's allowed to be done with what must be copyrighted material.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blonde Anne Shirley?    Blonde Anne Shirley?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Blonde Anne Shirley?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next