Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Say hi to Marty!

Go down 
+13
julmer70
Amy
Rhonda
Debbie
bethandmanly
Alice
Ruth
Shell
Savannah
Krissy
Teresa
Gin
Rob
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Headac10

Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 am

My cat is Maintenance, She loves to go outside and play. She comes inside to sleep and eat. She's outside most of the time in the fall/spring/summer periods. All i gotta do is love her and feed her.play with her. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 am

Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 70708
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Alice wrote:
Hello Marty!!! You have got to stay around there with Rob! You are such a cute kitty and you will be getting a wonderful home <3

I couldn't agree more! I just love him---his coloring, his expressive eyes....such a handsome little man. Smile His name suits him, too! Thumbsup I have to admit though, whenever I hear that name I can only think of Michael J Fox in Back to the Future! greenS

Teresa wrote:
He may be worried that HE could end up that way!! Yes, reassure him that, that was NOT your previous cat.

HeeHee

Lisa wrote:
Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 135245 Rhonda!

I've had both dogs and cats, and cats are a lot easier to take care of when it comes to exercise. They just tear through the house like little maniacs. Dogs really need to go outdoors and have nice long walks, and run and play outdoors, too. Cats generally couldn't care less about that unless they're particularly fond of chasing squirrels and birds. And the fact that they pretty much litter train themselves is a big help...I do still love dogs, but cats really are easier to care for.

I am SO jealous of Rob!!! It looks like we'll be empty nesters in the fall ( bawling ), and a new cat would be just what I need. loveheart All I have to do is work on a certain husband to let me have one. Whistle What did that LH banker Prague say once? "Wiles of a woman?" Hmm, I can probably come up with some wiles. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Rob wrote:
He's laying under my chair at the moment, Alice. Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 440956
Aww, Rob, thats so sweet. It sounds like he loves his new home.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.

Last edited by Alice on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Teresa wrote:
At least he's able to lay down a little more comfortably than the cat in your avatar. Ha!
laugh3

Lisa wrote:
Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 135245 I told Rob that he might want to explain his avatar to Marty.
laugh3

Teresa wrote:
He may be worried that HE could end up that way!! Yes, reassure him that, that was NOT your previous cat.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Cat=Low Maintenance???? Are you for REAL??? laugh3
When they can clean their own litter box, then they will be low maintenance HeeHee

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Wait a minute... you have to CLEAN the litterbox? I have so much to learn. Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 811339
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 am

Got to scoop the poop Laughing

I tried liners for the litter pan so when it came time to put new litter in the box you just lift out the liner and throw it away. Haha, cats apparently don't like them because they claw or paw them apart, defeating the purpose.

Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:11 am

I saw a funny saying once, "Facebook is full of cat people cos dog people actually go outside!!" No offense to the cat lovers though.. HeeHee

Leaves Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:35 am

What a cutie pie!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm

It's nine days since Marty went from being a stray to a housecat, and he's made the switch very well... Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 811339

Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Marty2-27-13_zps5b611e3b
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:22 pm

He's so pretty....could be a cross between my two cats......Purrl is gray striped and Beemer is black and white..... Love

Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Rhonda10Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Love Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Is Marty a "lap cat" Rob?

Our cat Lucky was found in a woodpile and was younger than Marty. The
vet said she would never be one who would let you hold her on you lap, and she won't No

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 pm

He is, Alice. He's pretty affectionate for a street kid. Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 811339
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:55 pm

My black and white female, BMW (Beemer) was brought home by my oldest son. He had been at a party and some girl was carrying her around in a pillowcase. BJ came unglued and told her that was no way to treat a cat....she said it was the meanest cat she knew and it won't let you carry her.....She gave her to BJ.....Beemer was scared to death, but I grabbed her up, held her tight in my arms and starting gently rocking her back and forth, talking to her softly. It took about 15 minutes of this, and all of the sudden, her body went limp.....she is the sweetest and most loving cat now..... Love

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:09 pm

Aww, she found the right person at last. Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 6472
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Rob wrote:
He is, Alice. He's pretty affectionate for a street kid. Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 811339
That's wonderful. I love being able to hold a cat on my lap.

Rhonda wrote:
My black and white female, BMW (Beemer) was brought home by my oldest son. He had been at a party and some girl was carrying her around in a pillowcase. BJ came unglued and told her that was no way to treat a cat....she said it was the meanest cat she knew and it won't let you carry her.....She gave her to BJ.....Beemer was scared to death, but I grabbed her up, held her tight in my arms and starting gently rocking her back and forth, talking to her softly. It took about 15 minutes of this, and all of the sudden, her body went limp.....she is the sweetest and most loving cat now..... Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 25973
I'm so glad you took the time with her to do that. I have tried to hold onto Puddin' like that when we first got her and there was bloodshed ... mine Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 339759.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:14 pm

OhMy OUCH!

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah, it was one of those that I probably should have gotten stitches. No way was I going to sit at Fairfax Hospital in the ER for 2-4 hours for stitches.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 pm

ouchy for sure!!!! I don't think my cat would let me pick her up.Tho mine have come on my lap beffore/

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi Marty. Wave

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Marty having impure thoughts about a gray squirrel eating on the deck railing outside.

Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Marty3032013_zps06a3d6bd
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 205803 cute

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:51 pm

He used to know that squirrel and now he's teasing him, "Ha, ha, I'm in here and you're out there!"

Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say hi to Marty!   Say hi to Marty! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Say hi to Marty!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next