Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any Dream Experts out there?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Any Dream Experts out there? Happy010

Any Dream Experts out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:35 am

I had the most amazing dream ever right before I woke up this morning. Someone who I've never met/seen before was in it. I don't know who he was, but he was very special to me in this dream (and I to him). It was nothing romantic, but a very affectionate and loving relationship. However, the dream was so intense, so real...that I still can't get it out of my mind. It was one of those times when I was really bummed about waking up and realizing it was only a dream. I wonder what it means, and who he was? Or who he represents? Any "Dream Experts" out there?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Any Dream Experts out there? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:49 am

Well, I can't help you out with the meaning of the dream, but it sounds like a very special one. yes It's nice that you were able to remember it after you awoke. Sometimes dreams fade so quickly once we awaken!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 am

It was special. Like I said, nothing romantic in it at all...I can't even describe it, but I'm actually still emotional from it. When I awoke from it, I looked at the clock and saw that I had 4 minutes left before my alarm clock was going to go off. Still, I closed my eyes to see if I can actually go back to the dream, but it doesn't work that way! That's how intense it was!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Any Dream Experts out there? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:22 am

Sounds neat, Jules. Have you heard of "lucid dreaming"? Here's a link...

World of Lucid Dreaming
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks Rob! I will read all about this tonight. This dream is still getting to me (and I have a feeling it will for a while).
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Any Dream Experts out there? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 am

julmer70 wrote:
Thanks Rob!  I will read all about this tonight.  This dream is still getting to me (and I have a feeling it will for a while).
You are right Julie, it will get to you for awhile

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:26 am

It's ridiculous actually...I'm letting a dream get to me like this. But I can't get it out of my mind. This has to mean something...I just don't know what that could be...
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Jules, you might try this site:

Dream Moods

I see they have forums for discussing dreams. Maybe someone there could tell you what yours means.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks Rob! I'll check that one out as well!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Very welcome!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Awesome dream! Thumbsup 

Sounds like you were almost lucid.  I have had dreams that felt so real that after waking up, It took me a while to get used to reality lol. And yes, the dream does affect you for a while.

I suggest that you start a dream journal and write down your dreams as soon as you wake up, it doesn't have to be in detail but some notes from it. I guarantee you will have those types of dreams more often until one day you will experience a lucid dream which is really cool!  Lucid dreaming is when all of a sudden you realize INSIDE the dream that you are dreaming and it gives you the power to control your dream world, go anywhere, do anything you want to do.

I have only experienced it once and sadly it didn't last too long because I got too excited and couldn't control it... but when I woke up, I felt like I had actually just experienced my dream... very cool! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Any Dream Experts out there? Horses10
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks Carol. The dream is even fuzzier now, but I still think about it once in a while. I've actually had those types of dreams before...the ones where I know I'm dreaming (or I figure it out). The problem is, I usually force myself to wake up as soon as that happens, and I usually do. I wish I can do that though; control what is happening in the dream. I also wish that person can come back in another dream so I can ask him who he is, or who he's supposed to be?

I think I'm going to start doing that...keeping a dream journal. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Dream Experts out there?   Any Dream Experts out there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Dream Experts out there?
Page 1 of 1