Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Gilbert on......

Go down 
+5
littlehouselover
Rob
Krissy
bethandmanly
Teresa
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Happy010

Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

That was a cute interview.  I love her dog!  The Carrie Bradshaw dress.  That's funny!  And those shoes!!

I've never heard MG say too much about MSA, but on that particular show with Andy Cohen, they're having a few drinks, so she may have said more than she normally would.  She spoke a little more freely. Although, does she drink anymore? Maybe there wasn't alcohol in her drink. Usually everyone on the show is having a few cocktails. She was drinking something, but maybe alcohol free. In that case, I guess she just felt like letting loose on how she felt about MSA. She should have strayed away from that question a bit more.

Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 TeresaKeeper

Last edited by Teresa on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Lisa wrote:
I was pretty shocked by what she said about Melissa Sue, too. It really sounds like there was a lot of mutual jealousy going on - which isn't terribly surprising, considering the industry and their ages. I get the feeling, from things that Alison and Melissa G. have said, that they were both very jealous of Melissa Sue's looks - Alison said something about Melissa being "blonder", prettier, and better at everything. . . and if they were insecure about their looks (and the ensuing plastic surgeries MG has had would support that), then having Miss Gorgeous around might magnify that insecurity. And I also think that they were jealous of her stable, functioning family. Neither of the girls had a "normal", happy home life - and from all reports, Melissa Sue did. So their opinion of her "feeling above" them may have been just how they perceived things. Melissa Sue has often said that she's quiet, and an introvert - and that is VERY often misconstrued as snobbery. (Believe it or not, I was very introverted in my school years. And classmates, years later, told me that they'd thought that I was stuck up...but years later realized that I was just quiet.)

Right, you and I have both said that our shyness/quietness was misconstrued as snobbery from our peers growing up. And with Melissa Sue being even just a couple of years older, she WAS at a different level than they were, maturity wise.  Well, MG anyway---Alison was about MSA's age as I recall.  But still.  I think you've hit the nail on the head with the more stable home life thing, however I do know that MSA had quite the stage mom too, so I'm not sure how 'normal' her life was either.  Yes, she had a Christian family with both parents together, but still lacked some 'normalcy' I think.  Albeit not nearly as abnormal as Melissa's and Alison's was at that point, obviously. And yes, I do think this was all stemmed from jealousy, on ALL sides.  Interesting that Melissa Gilbert may have been jealous of Melissa Sue, considering the real Laura was jealous of the real Mary, and her blonde hair, among other things.  Yes Lisa, I think you are on to something.

[/color]
Lisa wrote:
NOW...with that all being said...I really do find it ridiculous that Alison and Melissa G. are STILL behaving the way they are. I mean, really - they're adults now. They should be able to put the childhood rivalries behind them. I've never heard Melissa Sue speak ill of them - certainly not ever referring to them as "hateful" or "horrid".  No  

I know....it really is plain silly.  I was so surprised to hear those words flying out of her mouth...it's like she was transferred right back to being that 9 year old girl again and living that experience!  Time to put that stuff to rest and do the mature thing and just say that you had your differences and leave it at that.  There was no reason to 'go there'.

Lisa wrote:
Teresa wrote:
I remember Alison saying that she and MG used to hide from MSA on their breaks while filming.  That makes me laugh.

See, that makes me think all the more that MSA was wanting to be part of their little group. She was trying to find them, and they were hiding from her...I seriously doubt that with *two* of them they hiding because they were afraid of her.

Right.  Obviously MG and Alison were actively shunning her, which is human nature with some kids if they don't like another kid....this is why so often we hear the saying, "Kids can be cruel."  They can be!  I am sure Melissa Sue was bored silly on that set and who was there really to hang out with, besides them??

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 pm

I love these pics from the set from MSA facebook page...they made me smile and they made me sad. ;(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151911529851705&set=a.10151911529671705.1073741838.372623886704&type=1&theater
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Teresa wrote:
That was a cute interview.  I love her dog!  The Carrie Bradshaw dress.  That's funny!  And those shoes!!

I've never heard MG say too much about MSA, but on that particular show with Andy Cohen, they're having a few drinks, so she may have said more than she normally would.  She spoke a little more freely.  Although, does she drink anymore?  Maybe there wasn't alcohol in her drink.  Usually everyone on the show is having a few cocktails.  She was drinking something, but maybe alcohol free.  In that case, I guess she just felt like letting loose on how she felt about MSA.  She should have strayed away from that question a bit more.

No, from what I have read Melissa got sober because her son asked her too. I doubt that she would have been drinking anything---I hope not.

Darn it, I still can't get that GMA interview to load for me. Weird!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought. She doesn't drink anymore. If MG would have been giving that interview on the Today Show, she probably wouldn't have said all that stuff about MSA. Andy Cohen's show is a little more "wild" and guests speak quite freely about things. Ha!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Teresa wrote:
Yeah, that's what I thought.  She doesn't drink anymore.  If MG would have been giving that interview on the Today Show, she probably wouldn't have said all that stuff about MSA.  Andy Cohen's show is a little more "wild" and guests speak quite freely about things.  Ha!

That's a very good point, Teresa....I think with some shows (like this one or Jimmy Fallon, for example) people might blurt out things they wouldn't on a more 'sophisticated' show.  I think this is going to bite her in the butt.  And I believe you're correct---I don't remember Melissa G saying anything badly about Melissa Sue in the past---I think what we all remember is hearing what Alison has said that Melissa G has said. Whistle

Can't you just see Melissa Sue rolling her eyes right now? 'Oh great, more Little House smack being talked about me.' Yikes 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm surprised Andy didn't have her play, "Plead the 5th."  Usually he does that all the time.  The celebrity answers 5 questions and can plead the 5th on only one.  He could have asked her some really crazy questions.  They're usually a little more on the personal side, too. I bet she wouldn't have pleaded the 5th on any.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:22 am

You know in my mind I had thought MSA & MG & Alison  To be "Best Friends:. You would think they would have put this all behind them and become friends now. That is just such childish of MG & Alison. IN MSA book she never said a nasty thing about them. Least MSA is mature about the matter. I'M the same like MSA, The shy & quiet. Just because you are that type doesn't mean your stuck up.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:36 am

Teresa wrote:
Yes, I remember MSA saying that she was very shy.  I'm hoping that in the later seasons, when MG, AA and MSA were older, that things settled down a bit.  That would have been season 7, MSA's last season.  It's weird though that MG still talks about how awful their relationship was off camera.  I wonder what Dean Butler thought of MSA?

I had hoped that they got along well later on too, but then why wouldn't Melissa G have said in that interview how as little kids things were very difficult between them, but then as time went on things got better?  From her answer, it's like all she has EVER felt for Melissa Sue is contempt.  Very odd.

Teresa wrote:
That episode, "The Wolves," really brought out MSA's bossy side and it was kind of funny the way she got into it since she was in charge while ma and pa were away.  

She sure did play that well! LOL!  But she IS an awesome actress...for some reason they really made Mary a total you-know-what in that episode, WAY to the extreme, IMO.  I thought it was completely unbelievable that Mary would be that mean to her sister.  I know she was going through puberty, but she had never been that horrible to Laura, ever.  

littlehouselover wrote:
Does this work better, I can hit on both and get it.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/house-prairie-actress-writes-childrens-book-21621030

I think after over 30 years, it's catty to bring it up...she knows MSA will see that and sigh. She's how old now? This is high school..

I thought Dean only had nice things to say as did much of the older crew and stars...that says something. She was more mature...and she was pretty...I saw an article that said it made her the envy of some even if she didn't flaunt it.

Sorry, I missed this post last night!  Thank you for sharing that link.  And yes, that does say a lot, that Dean and the crew and other stars were fond of her.  I think it's pretty obvious that the animosity between the three girls was all based on childishness.  It's just too bad that it all still lingers, even today.

I was thining about one of my other favorite shows, the X Files, and how it's been said that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson really couldn't stand each other....very different people and they worked an obscene amount of hours together.  Today they are very good friends...they acknowledge that that was a very different time in their lives and have come to an understanding about it, and they love each other for the experience they have shared so closely together (they have said this).   I can imagine that Melissa G and Melissa Sue wore on each other's nerves after spending so much time together too, especially if their personalities didn't gel well, but you would think that it would be all water under the bridge now, as adults looking back. scratchead

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:37 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
You know in my mind I had thought MSA & MG & Alison  To be "Best Friends:. You would think they would have put this all behind them and become friends now. That is just such childish of MG & Alison. IN MSA book she never said a nasty thing about them. Least MSA is mature about the matter. I'M the same like MSA, The shy & quiet. Just because you are that type doesn't mean your stuck up.

I couldn't agree more, Krissy.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Melissa has always been my favorite ACTRESS. I think its great she's branching out to do children's books. Although, I just in general don't like who Melissa has become outside of her acting career, (and even some of that too. ex. her nip/tuck cameo)
I would jump on a chance to meet her, because she has helped put Laura's legacy on the map.
I feel she has wanted to break out of the bubble of LH and don't blame her for that, but how she has tried to do that sometimes bothers me. That is my opinion.
I truly wish she would NOT talk about other cast members if she doesn't have a good relationship with them. Every actor on the show earned their status and it doesn't need to be belittled by anyone.
I prefer to just think of her in the way she brought a face to Laura and how she managed to keep LH running all these years.

Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
You know in my mind I had thought MSA & MG & Alison  To be "Best Friends:. You would think they would have put this all behind them and become friends now. That is just such childish of MG & Alison. IN MSA book she never said a nasty thing about them. Least MSA is mature about the matter.

Some people have a hard time burying the past. As a senior in high school, I lost my best friend. We were on a class trip. Alcohol was involved (one of the many reasons I don't drink anymore). I said something that she overheard and, no matter how many times I apologized for it, she wouldn't forgive me. It took us years to get back any type of friendship; and even though we live only a few streets away from each other, we only communicate via Facebook or at HS reunions. There was a third girl involved, too. When we all got together for our 20th HS reunion, this third girl was still spiteful over what happened. She could discuss the events with such vitriol that you would swear it happened last week instead of decades in the past.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 1:19 pm

The actual episode, on Bravo, is 30 minutes long. That's the part that actually aired on TV. The question about MSA was asked on the after show, not broadcasted on TV. I had gone to the Watch What Happens Live website and saw more footage. That's where the MSA question was. So, if that particular question had been asked on the actual show, I'm not sure if she would have been that candid about her relationship with MSA. Who knows, though.

Andy Cohen really likes MG and asked a lot of other funny questions. At one point, he brought out a blonde wig and the guy who was on there with MG played Nellie. MG was Laura and they did the mud scene from Back to School. It was pretty funny. It was the wording in the script because I remember those lines from the scene. They just read the lines sitting down, but it was still funny. The guy acted like Nellie and I'm sure that scene brought back memories for MG. Someone had asked what her favorite episode was with Michael and she said, "The Lord is My Shepherd," which I had already known. Good question, though, from a fan.

MG and AA are quite the pair!! Even as adults. However, I agree, they need to be a little more mature about how they speak of fellow cast mates.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Smile, Yeah. Sometimes I think so high of my favorite actors in my shows. Then when I here stuff like this. It makes me lose a little respect for them. Maybe I shouldn't think of stars in that light.

I remember that episode and yes MSA was so freaking bossy. That didn't seem like her character. To be honest maybe if laura did what she was suspose to be doing mary wouldn't need to be bossy. But I couldn't stand somebody being that bossy to me.

If I heard right On I love lucy ethel & fred in real life couldn't stand eacher.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Teresa wrote:
Yes, she was promoting her new children's book. Andy asked her a lot of Little House questions.
I posted a link up above when she talks about Tom Cruise.

Here's a clip on what she thought of Melissa Sue Anderson.

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-11/videos/after-show-melissa-s-troubled-little-house-relationship

Melissa Gilbert keeps on confirming what I have always thought about her. Compared to Missy Anderson, she is a classless wonder............I really don't blame Jonathon for disappearing......

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:36 am

laugh3 True....Jonathon probably needing some peace and quiet as growing up in a house full of women.

Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Melissa, You've Come A Long Way!
Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 O-meli10
Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 R-meli10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:18 am

January 22nd Interview With Fox News

You can read the comments from people on this link.....interesting variety of reactions......
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/22/melissa-gilbert-on-moving-to-small-town-its-like-green-acres-without-farm/

Melissa Gilbert has come a long way since her days playing Laura Ingalls on “Little House on the Prairie.” Recently, she served as president of the Screen Actors Guild and penned a children’s book, “Daisy and Josephine.” Gilbert, who recently wed Timothy Busfield, of “Thirtysomething,” spoke to FOX411 about her book, marriage and recent move to a small town.

FOX411: How old were you when your father passed away?
Melissa Gilbert: Eleven. I was a huge Daddy's girl, beyond. My father is adored and revered still. Anything that I can touch that was his is a treasure. My husband's wedding ring is one of my father's cufflinks melted down.

FOX411: Speaking of which how is newly married life?
Gilbert: Fantastic! What a brilliant idea we had. We were really, really smart. Smartest thing either of us have ever done and moving to Michigan on top of it.

FOX411: What! You live in Michigan?
Gilbert: I live in a small town in Michigan. I think the population is about 9,000. It's very rural. I live downtown in a restored Victorian house that was built in 1890. We moved in August and it has been amazing.

FOX411: It must be completely different.
Gilbert: Totally different. Here's one of the things I noticed almost right away. When you walk into a restaurant everybody doesn't turn around to see who just came in. That's an amazing difference. For the first few weeks it was a bit like living in an exhibition in “Jurassic Park” because they had never seen anything like us here. People would drive by really slow looking at the house. It felt like were the T-Rexes. It's kind of evened out now.

FOX411: Hate to say it this sounds like a reality show.
Gilbert: Yeah it is a bit like “Green Acres” without the farm and glamour. Our objective was to come to Michigan and create a film and television and theater industry here as well. The state needs it. They have a great tax-incentive package for films and television. There's an amazing talent pool here. We just bought our own camera and we're going to start shooting stuff and create our own stuff. We're shooting a short film with my son Michael in February. A Michigan-based story that Tim's writing and directing that we're starring in.

FOX411: Do you love it out there?
Gilbert: I heaved such a sigh of relief about a week after I got the last box unpacked here. It's just incredible. It's so much easier. I'm just happier and the change of season has been heavenly even with the [polar] vortex. L.A is just the same and it's the same people and they all have the same lips and noses and boobs and cheekbones. Here everybody's different you know? They don't all look like they were stamped with a plastic surgeon's cookie cutter. My moving, Botox free forehead is welcome here.

FOX411: How did this book come about?
Gilbert: It was kind of an interesting, longish process. When I went on tour with the “Little House” musical, I took my dog Josephine with me and took her everywhere, all 27 cities. She was a tremendous dog to have backstage. Somebody said, “You should write a book about her going on tour…”

I decided to take her to New York dressed in her outfits and we went from publisher to publisher and Simon & Schuster said, “Yes do it, but can you put yourself in the book as a little child?” I went, “No way that's not my book,” and then Bruce [Boxleitner] and I separated and a few weeks later I woke up at 4 in the morning and said, “I gotta write a book for kids who don't have a typical nuclear family because my kids are about to not have a nuclear family,” and then I thought, “I need to write a book for my Dad.” I got up and 45 minutes later I finished the book. I literally sat at the computer at 4 in the morning like a crazy person and wrote this story.

FOX411: And you made Daisy [the little girl character] live only with her Dad.
Gilbert: Family is a different thing now than it used to be. Family can be a foster family. Family can be two mommies, two daddies, one daddy which is the case for Daisy in the book.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:19 am

I think she flies back to get her hair done....nails, she might try local. ; )
That I've seen among non-celebrities though with women...cross borders if they like a stylist. lol

I know it's probably because of apathy, they don't care about her family, but no one seems to ask her about her sister or brother...I wonder if she tells them ahead of time, I don't want to discuss them.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:21 am

littlehouselover wrote:
I think she flies back to get her hair done....nails, she might try local. ; )
That I've seen among non-celebrities though with women...cross borders if they like a stylist. lol

We thought the same thing. But my friend goes to church with the woman who does her hair, right in Howell! Melissa sure is a lot more down to earth than I ever believed her to be!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:46 pm

That's cool....I thought I read she went somewhere else. I am also sure that money is not quite a prevalent now but moving out of Los Angleles and that area is always a good idea. Many bigger stars stayed out of the limelight and even kept marriages together leaving that area.
For whatever reason she left, I hope she likes it...change is harder as you get older, but she still can fly around and go on TV, just enough to keep her somewhat in the news....but not too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Gilbert on......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2