Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Anniversary Little House!!

Go down 
+8
Gin
bestshowever
julmer70
Krissy
Davetucson
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Amy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 Love-s10

HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary Little House!!   HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Dave...my boys "Knew Willie couldn't do that!" Thanks for letting us know the real reason behind Walnut Groves demise . It still didn't die in VAIN!

Peter,
Thanks for sharing, I am really glad that you did press "Send". We all need to tell our story every once in a while. You never know who you will touch when you do. Little House has a legacy all its own in the messages it shares when we watch. YOU will grow from your experiences to help others. Bring positive from the negative and then all those tears shed will have been worth it.

HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary Little House!!   HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am

Welcome to the board, Peter.  I am so glad you shared that with us...there is something very therapeutic in sharing certain painful things with others.  I'm so happy for you that you found Little House!  And our prairie as well. Smile 

By the way, I would never guess in a million years that English is not your first language, so never worry about that!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary Little House!!   HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 10:42 am

Happy 40th Anniversary to one of my favorite television shows! I remember watching LHOTP with my mom when I was young. One of the first episodes I can remember seeing is Christmas at Plum Creek. When I was a teenager and I started watching the show more, I would do extra chores around the house to earn money so I could buy the seasons on DVD. One of the most important lessons I learned from LHOTP was the episode when someone (I don't remember who) told Charles that he was the richest man in Walnut Grove because he had the support and love of his family. I always try to remember that- that just because you might not have money, it does not mean that you're not very rich.

And of course, I am thankful that I found this website almost 6 years ago and have since made many friends here on the prairie forum!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary Little House!!   HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:23 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
Happy 40th Anniversary to one of my favorite television shows! I remember watching LHOTP with my mom when I was young. One of the first episodes I can remember seeing is Christmas at Plum Creek. When I was a teenager and I started watching the show more, I would do extra chores around the house to earn money so I could buy the seasons on DVD. One of the most important lessons I learned from LHOTP was the episode when someone (I don't remember who) told Charles that he was the richest man in Walnut Grove because he had the support and love of his family. I always try to remember that- that just because you might not have money, it does not mean that you're not very rich.

Ahh, I love that one!  That was Nels...it was after all the family had come together to work hard and pay off the bill at Oleson's mercantile and buy some things that they needed.  The family really impressed Nels.  Mrs. Oleson, not so much. HeeHee 

How cool that you did chores to earn the dvds!! Thumbsup 

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
And of course, I am thankful that I found this website almost 6 years ago and have since made many friends here on the prairie forum!

Me too! Smile

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
orangecake
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary Little House!!   HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Wow time flies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Anniversary Little House!!   HOUSE - Happy Anniversary Little House!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Anniversary Little House!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2