Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm going to be on a radio program!

Go down 
+11
Lori
Vanesa
LIWnut
Lily
Savannah
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rob
flatbroke
Carol
Rhonda
bethandmanly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Happy011

I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 6:31 pm

I was on the radio back in highschool and on tv when I was a kid and I loved it!!!grinsmiley I would LOVE to be a dj! That would me so fun! Cool

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Hey gang,

This is the site where you will be able to hear my interview on Monday, October 15th from 8 - 8:30pm EST: http://internetvoicesradio.com/home.htm You will need to download some Abacast software to listen to the interview.

I will be speaking to Janet Elaine Smith on her program Marketing for Fun & Profit about Musing Our Children, a group I belong to who seeks to encourage a love of reading and writing in young people. Right now, I have 3 tentative dates set up in my area to visit schools during Reading and Writing Appreciation Week. Musing Our Children hopes to make this an annual event.

If you can't catch the interview live, then you may visit the archives at http://internetvoicesradio.com/archives.htm, so you'll still get to hear my squeaky voice and listen to me babble like an idiot.

If you do have a chance to listen in, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg

Last edited by on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 10:35 am

I'll be tuning in! :idance:

I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 10:39 am

Oh Cheryl, how exciting for you!! I'm anxious to hear it! Are you getting nervous?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 11:12 am

I've got it penciled on my calendar. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Thanks for the support everyone! Actually Amy, I've been nervous every since I agreed to do it, so I'm not getting nervous--I still am. LOL!

And Dr. Barbara, the author of The Truth, I'm Ten, I'm Smart, And I Know Everything has asked me to be a guest on her e-radio show The Enchanted Self Magazine which can be found at www.ladybuglive.com. I don't know what this one will be all about, but when I get a date I'll let you know.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 1:26 pm

Rob wrote:
I've got it penciled on my calendar. Can't wait!

Hey Rob,

What's up with Snowden? I haven't heard much from her lately?

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks for asking, Cheryl. Snowden is fine, but her life is about to get a lot more interesting. She's in the midst of chapter seven. :shifty:
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Lucky number 7. Have fun Snowden!

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 5:17 pm

Quick reminder that tonight is the night for you to catch my radio interview with Janet Elaine Smith on Passionate Voices Internet Radio starting at 8p.m. (EST).

Here are the links again:

Live - http://internetvoicesradio.com/home.htm - or in the archives about an hour after the show airs at http://internetvoicesradio.com/archives.htm

Thanks for your support.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 11:00 am

Cheryl, I think I have to wait a little bit... I couldn't find you in the archives yet Blue
The latest one is October 10th, am I right?

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Thanks for checking in, Carol. There was a mistake on PIVR's end and my segment did not air last night as planned. I'll have a new date for you soon. I'm figuring it will be next Monday, but I haven't heard back.

Today, I prerecorded an interview with Dr. Barbara Holstein about how to make time for your passions. I don't have an air date on that one yet, but it can be listened to anytime once it's posted.

Thanks again.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 12:23 pm

I wondered about that. I'm glad it wasn't just me clicking on the wrong link or something.

Be sure to let us know as soon as you find out!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Due to a slight mix-up, my Internet radio interview with Janet Elaine Smith on Marketing for Fun & Profit did not air on Monday, October 15th. If you would like to listen to the interview in the archives you can go to http://www.internetvoicesradio.com/Arch-JanetESmith.htm The audio stream is titled, October 10 Marketing for Fun & Profit Interviewing Cheryl M.

You might notice that when I gave the website links I said backslash instead of slash, but other than that, I don't think anyone can tell I bit my nails off before this interview because I was so nervous.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Last edited by on Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 10:00 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
you can go to http://www.internetvoicesradio.com/Arch-JanetESmith.htm

I'm listening to it now Wave

By the way Cheryl, take out the period after htm in the link you provided so it works Thumbsup

Glad to hear you! Wave

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Cheryl, that was a great interview! Applause

In regards to cencorship... the public library here in my town displays some books that have been censored.... well last weekend that I went "A Light in the Attic" was in that display.

I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 2001061937
I remember my 5th grade teacher reading that book to us lol

Anyway, I agree with you when you say that there are alot of talented writers out there that are not published yet. I think the internet helps them get their word out though... nowadays with technology and everything, people are not only reading the actual books, but a lot of people read stuff online, or they download stuff to read so actually their work is getting read as much as a published writer's work...

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 10:55 pm

Congrats, Chery! Sadly I couldn't hear you, since I'm not in the States, but I'm happy for you, knowing that all went O.K and that you spoke wonderfully. At least it was what our dear carol said! Cheer

Vanesa.

I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm listening to it now, too. (And you're speaking very clearly, and slowly enough. grinsmiley ) You don't sound a BIT nervous, Cheryl! Awesome job!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 10:31 pm

Carol wrote:
Cheryl, that was a great interview! Applause

In regards to cencorship... the public library here in my town displays some books that have been censored.... well last weekend that I went "A Light in the Attic" was in that display.

I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 2001061937
I remember my 5th grade teacher reading that book to us lol

Anyway, I agree with you when you say that there are alot of talented writers out there that are not published yet. I think the internet helps them get their word out though... nowadays with technology and everything, people are not only reading the actual books, but a lot of people read stuff online, or they download stuff to read so actually their work is getting read as much as a published writer's work...

I fixed the link to the interview.

I can't believe that Shel Silverstein is on the banned books list. I own most of his books. Who in the heck decides on this stuff anyway? Censorship is so wrong. It goes against the priniciples that America was founded on. While I might not like all the stuff that is out there, I'm not going to interfere with the author's right to write and distribute it. It's my right not to buy it.

Thanks everyone for your comments about this interview. The members of Musing Our Children, whose opinions I was very concerned about, are happy with the interview too, so I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Loved the interview, Cheryl! You did such a good job. Be sure to let us know if you're going to do any more. Applause
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 12:01 am

Thanks Rob. I was very nervous, but the woman who founded Musing Our Children was thrilled with it and that made me feel good.

I have one other one that I did with Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein, but it hasn't aired yet. And she wants me to do another one for her other radio program but I don't have dates for that one yet.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 4:51 pm

Great, Cheryl! I can't wait to hear more.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 11:41 pm

My radio interview with Dr. Barbara finally hit the Internet waves. If you go to http://www.ladybuglive.com/enchanted.htm and click on my name in Issue #11 of Passionate Lives you'll hear me chat about some of the stuff I'm passionate about.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to be on a radio program!   I'm going to be on a radio program! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm going to be on a radio program!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2