Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Favorite Books!

Go down 
+2
MissOleson
Kristina
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Bokmal10

Your Favorite Books! Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:47 am

I looked through the older posts in this section of the forum and couldn't find a thread where we can share our favorite books of all time, so I decided to create that thread. (If it exists and I didn't see it, I apologize!). I have read so many books, and I have a lot of favorites. But I was able to narrow my list down to a select few (and the books I'll share on my first post on this thread aren't even all of that select few). I'm interested to hear what everyone else's favorite books of all-time are, maybe I'll learn about some new books I haven't read yet that are interesting. Smile

Here are just a few of my favorite books:

Your Favorite Books! Dd3d6e10        Your Favorite Books! 4fbfee10

Winger by Andrew Smith and Shine by Lauren Myracle. I'm reading Winger right now for the second time. It is absolutely heartbreaking but still an excellent read. The quote I added to my signature at the bottom of my posts is about my favorite character from Winger.

Your Favorite Books! 427ec510Your Favorite Books! Cd56a510

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. The movie adaption of The Outsiders was the first movie to ever make me cry. I've become a much more emotional book reader and movie watcher since then.

Your Favorite Books! 1976c010

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. When I was reading this book, my thoughts were, where has this book been all my life? The main character, Charlie, is a lot like me in many ways, perhaps that's why I enjoyed reading Perks so much.

Your Favorite Books! Eec30410

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I stayed up all night to finish this book and read it in 12 hours. I've read it roughly 4 more times since then.

Your Favorite Books! 08b06410

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I was a dummy and waited far too many years to read the HP books, but I'm so glad I finally did. I want to save up to buy my own set of the books so I don't have to borrow my sister's when I want to read them again.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:07 pm

My absolute favorites are a bunch of older classics:

*Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (my all-time favorite - nothing else comes close to it - I just read this again last year - I never tire of it)

*Persuasion - Jane Austen

*A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens

*The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain

*The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis

There are many, many more, but those are the top ones to list for now.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Horatio Hornblower
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Horatio Hornblower

Number of posts : 29
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:47 pm

My 10 favorite books

1. The Gambler - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
2. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
3. Our Mutual Friend - Charles Dickens
4. The Idiot - Fydor Dostoyevsky
5. Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
6. The Magic Mountain - Thomas Mann
7. The Brothers Karamasov - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
8. War with the Newts - Karel Čapek
9. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
10. Eugene Onegin - Alexander Pushkin

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 10:52 am

The Anne of green Gables series.
The Emily of New moon Series.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Your Favorite Books! MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 am

Any book that has to do with Little House on the Prairie (particularly Laura's 9 books) and Treasures of the Snow are my favorites.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Your Favorite Books! Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 6:44 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
Any book that has to do with Little House on the Prairie (particularly Laura's 9 books) and Treasures of the Snow are my favorites.

I love the "Little House" books too and I want to re-read them again, hopefully soon. But I have never heard of "Treasures of the Snow," what is it about?
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Your Favorite Books! MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi Kristina! It is a book set in the Swiss Alps and is a beautiful story of forgiveness. A neighbor boy teases the girl's little brother in a way that causes him to fall and break his leg. After going to the doctor, they find out that he will never walk perfectly again, and he must use crutches. The boy that was teasing him wasn't going to really do what he was teasing, but it happened anyway. He tries to say he is sorry and makes a gift for the boy who was hurt. But the girl can only think of hating him and trying to make is life miserable. She sets out to do just that, and to never forgive him... until one day everything changes...

I won't give any other details or I will spoil the story. grinsmiley But I will say it was a great book that I could not put down. I need to read it again.  Below is a cover of the book, and it can be gotten pretty cheap on amazon. If you do get it, get the unabridged one from the 50s like I am linking here. I absolutely recommend it, and they also made a movie out of it that was amazing!

Your Favorite Books! Treasures_of_the_snow

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Your Favorite Books! Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:28 am

Lauraingallsfan it sounds like a great book.
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Your Favorite Books! Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 1:21 pm

i'm going to read books again. well i read almost all the time. :)
at least when i'm going to sleep. but i think i might change that and read on the days too.
what do you think? i wish i was more like rory in gilmore girls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Books!   Your Favorite Books! Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Books!
Page 1 of 1