Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anne of Green Gables TV Series

Go down 
+4
Carol
Krissy
Amy
JW
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Happy011

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Empty
PostSubject: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 2:26 am

Yahoo wrote:
Anne of Green Gables, one of Canada's most beloved literary heroines, is getting a makeover with a new CBC-TV series.

A female-led team of award-winning producers has signed on to create a new version of the Lucy Maud Montgomery classic simply entitled Anne, which will follow a similar storyline to the original novel about the spirited 13-year-old but also "chart new territory."

Production for an initial eight episodes is slated to begin this spring, with an eye on a 2017 debut — more than 30 years after CBC-TV first brought Anne Shirley into Canadian homes with the miniseries Anne of Green Gables.

"Adapting Anne's story really excites me," said Moira Walley-Beckett, Canadian Emmy-winner producer of Breaking Bad and Golden Globe nominee for Flesh and Bone as well as one of the executive producers of the new project.

"Anne's issues are contemporary issues: feminism, prejudice, bullying and a desire to belong. The stakes are high and her emotional journey is tumultuous. I'm thrilled to delve deeply into this resonant story, push the boundaries and give it new life."

Walley-Beckett will produce the project with fellow Canadian Miranda de Pencier (Thanks for Sharing, Beginners) and colleagues Alison Owen (Suffragette, Temple Grandin) and Debra Hayward (Pride and Prejudice, Les Misérables).

Montgomery's tales about the the red-headed orphan Anne Shirley have long inspired creators of TV, film and the stage: there have been more than two dozen different adaptations over the years.

The character is regularly referenced in pop culture and her stories continue to draw myriad tourists to Prince Edward Island, her fictional home.

The announcement quickly sparked excitement among fans online.

I am kind of curious how this will be and part of me just thinks they shouldn't fix something that isn't broken.

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Jacobk10Anne of Green Gables TV Series Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Umm, this has me nervous. A Breaking Bad producer who is talking about 'pushing boundaries'??? Of Anne of Green Gables?!?! How???? LEAVE it alone!!! NOT Ok at all...sorry but I don't have a good feeling about this at all. scratchead Does Kevin Sullivan still own the rights to this?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:42 pm

I heard about this. I don't really like the sound of this. Expect i thought it was the channel YTV.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 11:52 am

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks. I still don't really like the idea of this.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm not sure what to expect, but I certainly don't see Martin Sheen as quiet, shy Matthew Cuthbert.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 3:18 am

I think its great that they are bringing a good clean family show to TV, In this day and age its hard to find, It will just be hard to enjoy it for the people who are big fans of the Kevin Sullivan movies. but i do plan on giving it a shot.

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Jacobk10Anne of Green Gables TV Series Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:26 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I'm not sure what to expect, but I certainly don't see Martin Sheen as quiet, shy Matthew Cuthbert.

Either do i

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:27 pm

JW wrote:
I think its great that they are bringing a good clean family show to TV, In this day and age its hard to find, It will just be hard to enjoy it for the people who are big fans of the Kevin Sullivan movies. but i do plan on giving it a shot.

I agree & yes Smile

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:39 pm

JW wrote:

I agree that we need more shows likes this, but just like Fuller House will be a modern, edgier version of Full House, I wonder what the new AOGG will be. The subheading of the article I read states: 'Anne's issues are contemporary issues: feminism, prejudice, bullying and a desire to belong.' Not necessarily untrue, but they need to be carefully handled.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:43 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
JW wrote:

I agree that we need more shows likes this, but just like Fuller House will be a modern, edgier version of Full House, I wonder what the new AOGG will be. The subheading of the article I read states: 'Anne's issues are contemporary issues: feminism, prejudice, bullying and a desire to belong.' Not necessarily untrue, but they need to be carefully handled.

I guess in this day and age they need to make it more edgier to get the younger kids to watch

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Anne of Green Gables TV Series Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:49 pm

I think that the producers *think* that they need to make things edgier for kids (or adults) to watch, but I don't believe that's true. I think that family-friendly programming would still be popular if it was still produced.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Savannah wrote:
I think that the producers *think* that they need to make things edgier for kids (or adults) to watch, but I don't believe that's true.  I think that family-friendly programming would still be popular if it was still produced.

Yes! That is true. I they they are going to ruin AOGG if they need to do this.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Anne of Green Gables TV Series Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:01 pm

It's funny, because some nice, family-friendly show will come on and be a blockbuster in the ratings.  Hollywood says, "Wow, I guess there's a market for this sort of thing!"  Then they just seem to forget about it until another one comes along. At which point they say, "Wow, I guess... etc., etc." Smile
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Indeed Rob! Hollywood is stupid in a way, I hope NBC doesn't do this with LHOTP.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Megan Follows will always be Anne for me and Jonathan Crombie will always be Gilbert, the original AOGG is untouchable...

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Tumblr_mnrtw7O5ve1rbxvnro1_500

But I will give this one a chance - I'd like to see it when it comes out :)

Here is a trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhsay56Fwc

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Carol wrote:
Megan Follows will always be Anne for me and Jonathan Crombie will always be Gilbert, the original AOGG is untouchable...

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Tumblr_mnrtw7O5ve1rbxvnro1_500

But I will give this one a chance - I'd like to see it when it comes out :)

Here is a trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhsay56Fwc

Same with me!! Smile

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Anne of Green Gables TV Series MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:00 pm

I don't like the looks of this one... once you see the one with Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie, nobody else can play those roles (or any of the other roles for that matter). Megan was absolutely a natural at playing Anne. They shouldn't try to fix something that isn't broken.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Anne of Green Gables TV Series Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:53 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
I don't like the looks of this one... once you see the one with Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie, nobody else can play those roles (or any of the other roles for that matter). Megan was absolutely a natural at playing Anne. They shouldn't try to fix something that isn't broken.

Yes! I feel the same. I didn't even watch the new movie. I just can't bring myself to,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables TV Series   Anne of Green Gables TV Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Anne of Green Gables TV Series
Page 1 of 1