Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.

Go down 
+6
bethandmanly
Rob
Kristina
Shell
Savannah
Rhonda
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Purple2

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Empty
PostSubject: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Blue  Mary Tyler Moore has passed away at the age of 80 years old.  So sad to lose such a wonderful actress... Read Here

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Rat21

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Rhonda10Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 5:31 pm

bawling
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 6:50 pm

bawling Blue I am sad to learn of Mary's passing. My mom watched the Mary Tyler Moore show. I liked it and the Dick Van Dyke Show.

Last edited by Shell on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Such sad news to hear today. I loved her on the Mary Tyler Moore show, her character was so funny. May she rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Here's a classic scene from Mary's show.  She worked at a TV station, and one of the shows was a kiddie show featuring Chuckles the Clown. In one episode, Chuckles was marching in a local parade dressed as a giant peanut, and he was killed when a rogue elephant tried to shell him. HeeHee   Mary's co-workers were struck by the absurdity of his death, and couldn't stop making jokes and laughing about it.  Mary was appalled at their lack of respect.  Then came the funeral...

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:59 pm

laugh3 I LOVE that scene!!! I saw an infomercial where they were selling MTM DVD's and she said that the laughing is real and very uncontrollable!!! She said they did SO many takes on it, that they finally had to just use what they could!  She really reminded me of Dick VanDyke with her comedic timing and facial expressions!  She learned a lot from him.

I also love their ending show where they are all hugging and crying and shuffling to the desk to get tissues....

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Rhonda10Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:15 am

Laughing That clip is the first thing that came to my mind, Rob! I'm so glad that you posted it! Rhonda, I love that shuffling scene, too. HeeHee Love
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 pm

One of my favorite actresses. My youngest daughter watches The Dick Van Dyke Show all the time. She sent him a birthday card this year.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
CarrieandCassandraFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 43
Mood : Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Pbucket

PostSubject: Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017)   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Mary Tyler Moore passed away on January 25, 2017. She was 80 years old.

Moore, was best known for her role as a newscaster on the long running "Mary Tyler Moore Show" from 1970-1977.

Rest In Peace
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 5:21 am

I have to catch the Hot in Cleveland show again where they all are together. Mary had me getting a Mustang for my first car, she had one on show...I didn't throw my hat though, I would have lost it. lol

Funny clip of the gang together.

http://www.etonline.com/news/208511_mary_tyler_moore_last_tv_appearance_was_an_epic_reunion/
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Mary Tyler Moore Laid to Rest in Connecticut

"It's a beautiful site that she's at. It's nice what the family did. It was a nice little send-off for her," said a police officer who worked security for the service.
Mary Tyler Moore was laid to rest Sunday in Fairfield, Conn., according to The Connecticut Post.

The Emmy-winning and Oscar-nominated actress died Wednesday. She was 80.

Best known for her roles on the iconic TV sitcoms The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show, Moore was remembered by Hollywood friends and colleagues as a trendsetter.

Moore had a brief service, which about 50 people attended, according to The Post, which cited police who worked as security for the service.

The actress' family reportedly spent upward of $200,000 on the angel statue for Moore's grave, according to the newspaper.

“It was very quiet, a small group,” Fairfield Police Lt. James Perez, told The Post. “It’s a beautiful site that she’s at. It’s nice what the family did. It was a nice little send off for her.”

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 3:00 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I have to catch the Hot in Cleveland show again where they all are together. Mary had me getting a Mustang for my first car, she had one on show...I didn't throw my hat though, I would have lost it. lol

Downtown Minneapolis has a statue of Mary throwing her hat.  Smile

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. 2505320081_8d7fc7612c_b
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Also, this...   HeeHee

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Mary-tyler

The iconic shot also starred an unknowing extra: In the background of the famed sequence, an apparently puzzled woman can be seen reacting to the sight of Moore tossing her hat. As it turns out, her stardom was a fluke — Minneapolis resident Hazel Frederick had been shopping in the city on that particular day in 1969 when the sequence was filmed, and her reaction just so happened to be caught on camera.

Frederick’s identity remained largely unknown to the public until 1996, when she met Moore at a book signing of her autobiography, After All. Moore invited Frederick to join her on stage and introduced her to the 5,000 person crowd as "my co-star."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 8:50 pm

That is so cool!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 7:33 pm

I'M really sad to here this. She was a great actress. I grew up watching the Re-runs of MTM.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 8:08 am

Mary Tyler Moore's Grave in Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut, USA    

It's been reported that the Angel monument cost $150,000.00

https://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=175697586

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Mary_t10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.   Mary Tyler Moore has passed away. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mary Tyler Moore has passed away.
Page 1 of 1