Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Peter Tork dies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Peter Tork dies Goodsi10

Peter Tork dies Empty
PostSubject: Peter Tork dies   Peter Tork dies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Former Monkee Peter Tork has passed away at the age of 77.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21160
Mood : Peter Tork dies Purple2

Peter Tork dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Tork dies   Peter Tork dies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Blue So sad...One of the many shows I grew up on...The Monkees! Each had their own talent to give to the show...---->Read Here

Peter Tork dies 1g20
Peter Tork dies 1g113

Peter Tork dies Rhonda10Peter Tork dies Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Peter Tork dies Goodsi10

Peter Tork dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Tork dies   Peter Tork dies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 3:39 pm

My sister and I grew up watching the Monkees, too. They had a ton of great songs.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Peter Tork dies Bokmal10

Peter Tork dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Tork dies   Peter Tork dies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Definitely a bummer. What a fun group they were.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21160
Mood : Peter Tork dies Purple2

Peter Tork dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Tork dies   Peter Tork dies EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 12:33 pm

They really went far for being hired as 4 individual actors to form a rock band for a TV show...Never did the one who put them together realize what they would end up doing!!! scratchead

"The Monkees are an American rock and pop band originally active between 1966 and 1971, with reunion albums and tours in the decades that followed. They were formed in Los Angeles in 1965 by Bob Rafelson and Bert Schneider specifically for the American television series The Monkees, which aired from 1966 to 1968. The musical acting quartet was composed of Americans Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Peter Tork; and the English actor and singer Davy Jones. The band's music was initially supervised by producer Don Kirshner, backed by the songwriting duo of Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart.

The four actor-musicians were initially allowed only limited roles in the recording studio for the first few months of their five-year career as "the Monkees". This was due in part to the amount of time required to film the television series. Nonetheless, Nesmith did compose and produce some songs from the beginning, and Tork contributed limited guitar work on the sessions produced by Nesmith. All four contributed lead vocals to various tracks. They eventually fought for the right to collectively supervise all musical output under the band's name, acting as musicians, singers, songwriters and producers.

Following the television show's cancellation in 1968, the Monkees continued to record music until 1971, after which the group broke up. A revival of interest in the television show came in 1986, which led to a series of reunion tours and new records. The group has reunited and toured several times since then with different line-ups and varying degrees of success. Jones died in February 2012 and Tork died in February 2019. Dolenz and Nesmith remain active members of the group.

Dolenz described The Monkees as initially being "a TV show about an imaginary band... that wanted to be the Beatles that was never successful". Ironically, the success of the show led to the actor-musicians becoming one of the most successful bands of the 1960s. The Monkees have sold more than 75 million records worldwide making them one of the biggest selling groups of all time with international hits, including "Last Train to Clarksville", "Pleasant Valley Sunday", "Daydream Believer", and "I'm a Believer". Newspapers and magazines reported that the Monkees outsold the Beatles and the Rolling Stones combined in 1967, but Nesmith claims in his autobiography Infinite Tuesday that it was a lie that he told a reporter."

Peter Tork dies Rhonda10Peter Tork dies Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peter Tork dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Tork dies   Peter Tork dies Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Tork dies
Page 1 of 1