Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Conrad Janis 1928-2022

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Conrad Janis 1928-2022 Bokmal10

Conrad Janis 1928-2022 Empty
PostSubject: Conrad Janis 1928-2022   Conrad Janis 1928-2022 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 1:10 pm

Conrad Janis, the Dixieland trombonist and actor best known for playing the father of Pam Dawber’s character on the Robin Williams sitcom Mork & Mindy, has died. He was 94.

Janis died March 1 of organ failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Though just a youngster, Janis already was a Broadway veteran when he appeared in the 20th Century Fox film noir The Brasher Doubloon (1947) opposite George Montgomery (then-husband of Dinah Shore) in the Philip Marlowe movie.

On Frasier, Janis portrayed a character named Albert who lives in the same condo building as Frasier Crane (Kelsey Grammer) and his dad (John Mahoney). He also was a KAOS agent on Get Smart and a space station resident on Quark (Buck Henry had a hand in both of those series).

Janis played trombone in several appearances on The Tonight Show and at Carnegie Hall, and he recorded several albums with his group, the Tailgate Five. He also performed with actor George Segal on banjo in the Beverly Hills Unlimited Jazz Band.

Janis showed up on The Untouchables and My Favorite Martian and in such films as Airport ’75 (1974), The Happy Hooker (1975), The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox (1976),The Buddy Holly Story (1978), Oh, God! Book II (1980), Brewster’s Millions (1985), Sonny Boy (1989), Mr. Saturday Night (1992) and The Cable Guy (1996).

Conrad Janis 1928-2022 Conrad10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down

Conrad Janis 1928-2022
Page 1 of 1