Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022 Bokmal10

Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022 Empty
PostSubject: Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022   Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 5:27 am

Gilbert Gottfried, Controversial Comedian With the Shrillest of Voices, Dies at 67.

Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022 Gilber10

Gilbert Gottfried, the actor and legendary standup comic known for his raw, scorched voice and crude jokes, has died. He was 67.

Gottfried died from a rare genetic muscle disease that can trigger a dangerously abnormal heartbeat.

“In addition to being the most iconic voice in comedy, Gilbert was a wonderful husband, brother, friend and father to his two young children. Although today is a sad day for all of us, please keep laughing as loud as possible in Gilbert’s honor,” his family said in a statement posted on Twitter.

Gottfried was a fiercely independent and intentionally bizarre comedian’s comedian, as likely to clear a room with anti-comedy as he was to kill it with his jokes.

“The first comedian I saw who would go on and all the other comics would go in the room to watch,” standup comic Colin Quinn said on Twitter.

He first came to national attention with frequent appearances on MTV in its early days and with a brief stint in the cast of “Saturday Night Live” in the 1980s.

Gottfried also did frequent voice work for children’s television and movies, most famously playing the parrot Iago in Disney’s “Aladdin.”

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022 Goodsi10

Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022   Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 4:30 pm

Howard Stern once played a phone message of Gilbert speaking in his "real" voice.  He sounds so normal!

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Gottfried 1955-2022
Page 1 of 1