Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fattening foods...

Go down 
+5
JW
HarrisonCrosby4387
Vanesa
Rhonda
Savannah
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Fattening foods... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Fattening foods... Happy010

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Are there any healthy foods that are also rather . . . . . fattening? Huh? I need to put on some weight, but I don't want to start eating a bunch of junk food to do it.
Back to top Go down

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 12:56 pm

I can't really help you, sorry. But atleast you don't wanna eat a bunch of junk food. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Fattening foods... Purple2

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 1:16 pm

Here's an informative site you might look over. I went to ask.com and put in "healthy weight gain". You can probably google it too. Thumbsup And also make sure nothing is wrong with your thyroid. Wink

Healthy Weight Gain

Recommended Ways to Gain Weight grinsmiley

• Have meals with the right balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and the right kinds of fat (such as unsaturated and monounsaturated fats, olive oil, canola oil, pistachios, almonds and walnuts). Heinemann suggests the following ratio: 60%-70% carbohydrates, 10%-15% protein, and a small amount of fat.
  • Eat foods higher in calories, vitamins, and minerals, as opposed to higher in fat or sugar.
  • Pack more nutritious calories in each serving. For example, you may add grated cooked eggs to mashed potatoes, ground chicken to soups and gravies, cheese in casseroles, eggs, and soups, and nonfat dried milk in soups, shakes, milk, and mashed potatoes.
  • If you get too full too fast, try having more high-calorie foods or slices of foods as opposed to consuming the whole thing (raisins versus grapes, granola and Grape Nuts versus corn flakes, mango slices versus the whole mango).
  • Limit drinking beverages to a half-hour before and after a meal.
  • Drink mixed juices (apple/berry, peach/orange/banana as opposed to one juice beverages) for a higher calorie intake.
  • With moderation, you may add in good fat sources to meals such as nuts, avocado, olives, and fatty fish (salmon and mackerel).
  • Snack in between meals. Nuts, dried fruits, and yogurt are good options, but it's also important to find nutritious foods that you will enjoy.
  • Have a nutritious snack before bedtime, such as a peanut butter sandwich.

Fattening foods... Rhonda10Fattening foods... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Fattening foods... Bokmal10

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 6:49 pm

I don't worry...Since I WANTS to be fater, I've no problem eating fattening things...healthy or not! batEyes

Vanesa.

Fattening foods... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Fattening foods... Happy011

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:57 pm

I wish I thought I was to skinny. I am about average, but I'd rather be built like a model, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 8:01 pm

You're Lucky Savannah You Must Be Skinny as Stick lol

Like Reba once said from Reba Show Barbra Jean had lost lots of weight

Barbra Jean: I'm here and i'm thin
Reba: Skinny as a Stick and Dumm as One

That just kills me everey time i see it

Fattening foods... Jacobk10Fattening foods... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Hahaha.

OOO great avatar by the way!grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 pm

JW wrote:

*Narrows eyes* Just what are you saying, mister? Frying pan grinsmiley

I'm pretty sure it isn't my Thyroid, Rhonda. But thanks for the suggestion! It probably has more to do with the fact that I haven't been eating much. Huh? Who'd have thought? :Hahaha:
I hadn't really realized it, I guess. I just haven't been hungry, and haven't wanted to cook much since the children have been gone. But several people lately have mentioned that I look more thin than usual, and I realized that my size 4 skirt was getting loose...........so............I guess I need to pay a little more attention, and get to eating. eat Give me a few years, and I'll probably be posting, asking for ways to lose some weight. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 3:34 pm

Just go to Wendy's a few times a week and you will gain weight, lol. But then again that is not healthy.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 3:56 pm

wow!

Fattening foods... Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Fattening foods... Cute-2
Back to top Go down

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 4:26 pm

Savannah wrote:
Are there any healthy foods that are also rather . . . . . fattening? Huh? I need to put on some weight, but I don't want to start eating a bunch of junk food to do it.

I'm on the opposite end Savannah....:crySC: I wish that was the case with me.:adore:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 6:45 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Just go to Wendy's a few times a week and you will gain weight, lol. But then again that is not healthy.

Beckie

:Hahaha: If all else fails!! grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Haha, yeah.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:50 am

Savannah wrote:
JW wrote:

*Narrows eyes* Just what are you saying, mister? Frying pan grinsmiley

ROTFL Well nothing excacley but you take as Reba Said lol ROTFL

Fattening foods... Jacobk10Fattening foods... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 pm

Frying pan :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 2:13 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:

Beckie

Wow, I wish I could go on the Wendy's diet! LOL.

Good luck, Savannah, be healthy! Now that you've also gone berry picking, berries are relatively healthy, right? Especially when put into a pie...covered in ice cream...for dessert after eating a healthy meal of course. grinsmiley

Fattening foods... ChristinaKeeper2 Fattening foods... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Fattening foods... Love-s10

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 8:22 am

Geesh, I wish I had this problem! Whistle I would think an increase of carbs should do it, Savannah...works for me! grinsmiley Good luck!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Fattening foods... Party010

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 9:16 am

The best thing I would recommend would be pasta. Spaghetti, mac N Cheese, any of that stuff would help, and it's simple and fast to cook.

Junk food like candy bars, chips, etc. will put the weight on, but it'll do it in all the wrong places, and add nothing nutritional to your diet. At least with pasta you're getting nutrients along with your carbs.

Then again, you might as well just fill up on whatever you like. If you're needing to gain weight, might as well have fun doing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fattening foods... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fattening foods...   Fattening foods... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fattening foods...
Page 1 of 1