Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What does this quote mean??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

What does this quote mean?? Empty
PostSubject: What does this quote mean??   What does this quote mean?? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 1:03 pm

"But it ain't our feelings we have to steer by through life--no, no, we'd make shipwreck mighty often if we did that. There's only the one safe compass and we've got to set our course by that--what it's right to do." ~ L M Montgomery (Anne’s House of Dreams XXX)

does it mean you should't let small things upset you?? Don't really understand it!
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : What does this quote mean?? Party010

PostSubject: Re: What does this quote mean??   What does this quote mean?? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 1:48 pm

Well, here's my take on it. You should do the right thing, even if your emotions say otherwise.

Say, for example, you had a sick pet, and the vet said he wasn't going to get any better, was in pain and needed to be put to sleep. Your emotions might say no, you want to take the pet back home with you because you love it.

But the right thing would be to let the vet put the animal to sleep so it wouldn't suffer.

So, he's saying if you let your feelings or emotions run your life, you'll make a lot of bad decisions. You should use your sense of what's right instead.

Of course, that's just my interpretation. Others may have a better one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does this quote mean??   What does this quote mean?? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 2:16 pm

hm.That's a good....I see what your saying..
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : What does this quote mean?? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: What does this quote mean??   What does this quote mean?? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 2:37 pm

Yeah, I agree with Larry. Type

What does this quote mean?? Horses10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : What does this quote mean?? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: What does this quote mean??   What does this quote mean?? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 5:55 pm

I agree too. It's sometimes better to listen to your head instead of your heart.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does this quote mean??   What does this quote mean?? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 6:15 pm

yeah,agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does this quote mean??   What does this quote mean?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does this quote mean??
Page 1 of 1