Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Country Music

Go down 
+12
Ryder
Gin
emilyanneoftheprairie
georgiagirl1993
Savannah
Lily
Rob
flatbroke
ChristinaAL
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
JW
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Happy010

Country Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 am

I love all of the above mentioned. Martina McBride sings some powerful songs and I like how the new crop of country singers have a hand in their music; songwriting, etc. Taylor Swift is a good example of that.

Country Music - Page 2 HummerCountry Music - Page 2 MistiKeeperCountry Music - Page 2 Bookclub5Country Music - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 7:00 pm

I'm gonna get egged but I dont care for Taylor Swift. Guess I'm too old. :sad5: :gross:
She is doing great and I've always liked to see the young ones do well, but she's almost done too good too quick. LeeAnn Rhimes had a little slower rise. Just a little, she's still awesome.
Thumbsup

Country Music - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Ryder
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 12:07 am

HAHAHA you're not the only one who doesn't like Taylor... I like Maranda Lambert better... I think lol they both kinda sound alike LOL
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 1:07 am

Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Patsy Cline, Crystal Gayle, Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Hank Williams, Flat & Scruggs, Johnny Lee, Mickey Gilley, Barbara Mandrel, Ronnie Milsap, Loretta Lynn and so many more.

Those are some of the best, for me anyway.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 10:02 am

Wow you like Classic Country. THere is only one station here that plays some that you mentioned. Its always nice to hear them.

Country Music - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Ryder wrote:
HAHAHA you're not the only one who doesn't like Taylor... I like Maranda Lambert better... I think lol they both kinda sound alike LOL

I like them both and they are good singers. I am impressed with Taylor because she writes her own songs and so far, so good! Did you know Miranda Lambert is dating Blake Shelton?

I haven't heard a Rascal Flatts songs that I haven't liked yet. They are an awesome group of guys!

Country Music - Page 2 HummerCountry Music - Page 2 MistiKeeperCountry Music - Page 2 Bookclub5Country Music - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Scared10

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 11:05 pm

I'm not a huge country fan but I've heard Taylor Swift and Eascal Flatts and I like thrm pretty well.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 pm

I have mixed feelings about Taylor Swift...I am impressed that she's writing her own songs and plays guitar, but it just seems like her rise to where she is happened a little fast.

I like Chuck Witts, his debut CD comes out this Tuesday and he has a single called "Stealing Cinderella" - really sweet song!

I'm really excited because I'm going to see Carrie Underwood with Josh Turner in February! I can't wait! :woohooo:

Country Music - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Country Music - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 3:36 pm

WHAT Christina you are gonna see Carrie Underwood I LOVE Carrie Underwood she's my Favorite Female Singer Well Enjoy

Country Music - Page 2 Jacobk10Country Music - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 5:11 pm

This was one of my favorites. It makes me tear up each & every time.

Oklahoma: Billy Gilman

Another from him. One Voice (Edited to say: you'll have to go to YouTube and type in One Voice by Billy Gilman to view it. It's well worth it!)

Last edited by Misti on Fri May 30, 2008 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:10 pm

I love the song One Voice, his voice is so powerful, but I haven't heard anything new from him lately, I wish he would continue with his singing career.

Country Music - Page 2 Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:16 pm

georgiagirl1993 wrote:
I love the song One Voice, his voice is so powerful, but I haven't heard anything new from him lately, I wish he would continue with his singing career.

I LOVE Billy Gilman, I'll always be a fan of his. I've seen him in concert twice and met him at one of those concerts. Overall, aside from a phenomenal singer and performer, he's a genuinely nice young person, doesn't seem affected at all by his career that began when he was only 11. He's polite, mature and it was a pleasure to meet him and see his shows. In fact, his family seems that way as well - they were present at the second show and I even got to speak to his parents. He just seems like a very down-to-earth person.

I could go on and on about him (and probably am LOL), but to make it short, I feel like he's barely acknowledged in the country music industry. But he's had several CDs out in the past few years (one being entirely based on the poetry, or "Heartsongs", of the late Mattie Stepanek) in the past few years. He's even began writing and producing some of his songs, and seems to be at peace with the fact that he just enjoys making music, and still has people out there who want to hear him.

Misti, "Oklahoma" always makes me cry too - especially when I saw it live, I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed. One last thing - Billy turned 20 on May 24th, can you believe "Oklahoma" was out when he was only 12? Time certainly flies.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:45 pm

You are right, Christina. Other than his early stuff, you never hear anything about him anymore. He did put one out later down the road, (not sure of the song; I think it was at a baseball game, about a girl) but I don't think it did very well.

I believe he had the voice to make the transition into an adult singing, but someone dropped the ball. He had/has a phenomenal voice.

I am glad to hear that he is still out there, in the music business. I just can't figure out what happened.

Is he the youngest country singer to put out a song? I know of LeeAnn Rimes, but she was 12, too, so they might be the two youngest.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:34 pm

Misti, that song was called "Hey Little Susie (Cause of All That)". I agree, it is probably a hard transition to go from childhood singer to adult. At the time when "One Voice" came out, Billy broke the record for the youngest country artist with, I believe, a number one country song, formerly set by Brenda Lee (who had been 12). I'm not sure if anyone younger than 11 has put out a country song, but I think I remember hearing about a 10-year-old boy having a song out in the past few years. Don't remember his name, but I don't think the song really caught on either.

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 3:09 am

Y'all can talk all day, but this is the best country song of all time...

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 7:46 pm

George Jones has SOME Great Songs

Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 12:40 pm

I think that is an awesome song. My favorite song of his is Whose Gonna Fill Their Shoes, it's a great song:

Country Music - Page 2 Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:09 pm

I LOVE country music. I'm a big fan of Glen Campbell and Rhinestone Cowboy is a cracking song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-JhdFp5e0

Country Music - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Did anyone mention Keith Urban yet? Awesome guitar player. Every time I've seen him in concert, he's included an acoustic portion and extended versions of some songs.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:39 am

O.K. I posted Blake Shelton on the other thread, so here's a few of his songs I love..

Ol' Red by Blake Shelton

The Baby by Blake Shelton

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Those are good songs, Misti! I'd never really listened to Blake before. He has a really nice voice.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:38 pm

I agree; he has a very good voice and he's done pretty well for himself. You should hit YouTube and look him up. He's got some more really good songs.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Great songs every one

Here is a Great Song that i just love i heard it and saw the music video for the first time in a motel when we were going to mexico or coming back not sure i never really listin I Don't really like Craig Morgan but this is a GREAT song i can't get enough of it

Craig Morgan - Love Remembers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM9KLh9rhuo

Same with this song i heard and saw the music video in a motel on my trip as well and of course i lOVE Kellie Pickler so I Just Love this Song lol

Kellie Pickler - Don't You Know You're Beautiful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzyV1hm0c18

And i love this song as well it's so sad but so good it's on her new CD i just Love her new CD

Carrie Underwood - Just A Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8khHqMntkbQ&feature=related

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Country Music - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 am

Here's one I've been learning on the guitar...I can't afford lessons, so I've printed off a chord chart, get the chords for the songs, and play them that way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyxkZod2cM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:29 am

flatbroke wrote:
Here's one I've been learning on the guitar...I can't afford lessons, so I've printed off a chord chart, get the chords for the songs, and play them that way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyxkZod2cM&feature=related

When you get it down, Larry, record it & share it with us! I bet it will sound amazing! SmileyCentral.com

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country Music   Country Music - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Country Music
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next