Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off to the Mountains

Go down 
+5
JW
Carol
Lily
Debbie
jes9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Off to the Mountains Empty
PostSubject: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 6:23 am

I'm off on my annual vacation to the mountains of western North Carolina. I've rented a cabin for five nights, and as usual, I plan to do some short hikes, scenic drives, and just plain relaxing. I'll be back online some time Friday.

Off to the Mountains JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Off to the Mountains Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 11:00 am

Have a wonderful trip!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Off to the Mountains LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Off to the Mountains Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 11:39 am

Sounds like my kind of a vacation. Have a great one John!! We'll leave the light on for ya til you return. Wink

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Off to the Mountains Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Wow John, that sound so awesome! I would like to see some pictures if you can take some. :sillySmiley:

Off to the Mountains Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Off to the Mountains Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 2:10 pm

Have Fun

Off to the Mountains Jacobk10Off to the Mountains Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Good for you, have a wonderful time! grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Have a great vacation!

Off to the Mountains Lorike10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am

Have a great trip John. My family and I go to the mountains in North Carolina every year we love it!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Off to the Mountains Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Off to the Mountains Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 12:26 pm

Have a wonderful time. You'll notice that I'm writing in green. It's because I'm turning green with envy . . . . or I would be if it weren't wrong to do that. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Have a great time John!grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 9:53 am

I'm back online but not at home yet. I'm at my parents' house, about two hours away from home, for the holiday weekend. I had a good time relaxing in the mountains. I stayed in a cabin along a creek -- kind of like the Little House on Plum Creek, the only difference being I had the benefit of modern conveniences like a microwave and satellite TV. I spent one day at Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the rest of the time taking scenic drives, short hikes to waterfalls, and just spending quiet time reading in the cabin or sitting out by or walking along the creek. Getting to some of the waterfalls called for some interesting driving. To get to one of the waterfalls, I had to take a one-lane gravel Forest Service road for five miles. When I say "one-lane", I don't mean one lane in each direction, I mean one lane period. That sure makes things interesting when you meet a car coming in the opposite direction. It's really not as dangerous as it sounds, because speeds are very low (20 mph is about the maximum speed), and there are occasional spots that are wide enough for two cars to squeeze by. It's well worth enduring the rough road though to see the waterfalls. Anyway, it's good to be back online. I'll be back home on Tuesday and back to the daily grind on Wednesday.

Off to the Mountains JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161
Mood : Off to the Mountains Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 10:00 am

Awwww, I wish I was in your suitcase when you left.....I LOVE the mountains and miss them so much. I was raised in California at the foot of the mountains and now I am in Arkansas and they call their little hills mountains!!! No Have a safe trip back home and enjoy your parents house!! grinsmiley

Off to the Mountains Rhonda10Off to the Mountains Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Off to the Mountains LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Off to the Mountains Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 2:59 pm

A serene and a peaceful one..........now that's what I call a relaxing vacation!! Safe trip home and glad you're back with us John.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Sounds like my kind of vacation!Thumbsup

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 8:11 pm

I'm glad you are having a great time John.Wave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Mountains   Off to the Mountains Empty

Back to top Go down

Off to the Mountains
Page 1 of 1