Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rage for Season 9 rewrite

Go down 
+3
Carol
ChristinaAL
bethandmanly
7 posters

Do we keep Rage
Yes, keep it
Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vote_lcap27%Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Keep it, but change it
Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vote_lcap64%Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
No, toss it out
Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vote_lcap9%Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Rage for Season 9 rewrite Bokmal10

Rage for Season 9 rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Please share why you are deciding this way.

Important note: Poll is only open for 14 days.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 11:14 pm

This is one of my favorites from Season 9 too. Of course, if Jenny never makes the cut, we'll have to change it a little.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 2:24 pm

I like this one too. Without Jenny, it will need some changing, so, keep but change! grinsmiley

Rage for Season 9 rewrite ChristinaKeeper2 Rage for Season 9 rewrite 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Rage for Season 9 rewrite Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 2:47 pm

I liked this one... one of my favorites too happy1

Rage for Season 9 rewrite Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Rage for Season 9 rewrite Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 8:59 am

Toss it out

Rage for Season 9 rewrite Jacobk10Rage for Season 9 rewrite Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Rage for Season 9 rewrite Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 am

I kind of liked this episode, but yeah, if you keep it...toss Jenny! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 6:44 pm

I'd keep it. Obviously, it would have to be modified if you decide to not keep Jenny.

Rage for Season 9 rewrite JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:09 am

Keep it but change. Remember that there's no Jenny in it.

Vanesa.

Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 10:50 am

Keep it but take Jenny out
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 12:02 am

Oh, Jenny Wilder! The other beloved one around here. Everyone is so fond of this little girl! Yawn ROTFL Laughing

Vanesa.

Rage for Season 9 rewrite Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 12:22 am

Okay, I'll give you that one. She is not too popular. I wonder if we would have liked her better if a different actress portrayed her.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 8:27 am

I had nothing against Shannen Doherty, and I would have been annoyed with the Jenny Wilder character no matter who played her. It would have been OK to have a girl about Nancy's age at this point in the series, but not as Almanzo's niece. Maybe she could have been a daughter of the Carters. What I found annoying about the Jenny character is -- aside that she was always trying to drown herself (OK, she only did that twice) -- the existence of the character didn't make any sense and was inconsistent with earlier episodes. How did the nephews suddenly become the niece?

Rage for Season 9 rewrite JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 10:51 am

jes9 wrote:
I had nothing against Shannen Doherty, and I would have been annoyed with the Jenny Wilder character no matter who played her. It would have been OK to have a girl about Nancy's age at this point in the series, but not as Almanzo's niece. Maybe she could have been a daughter of the Carters. What I found annoying about the Jenny character is -- aside that she was always trying to drown herself (OK, she only did that twice) -- the existence of the character didn't make any sense and was inconsistent with earlier episodes. How did the nephews suddenly become the niece?

ROTFL Good point. It just seemed like sloppy writing - "Okay, we need a new little girl so let's create one. It makes no sense, but that's okay, nobody will notice". It seemed like her character was written as annoying, in my opinion - some of the things she did, and how they seemed to be trying to make her into a new little Laura. I had nothing against Shannen Doherty (until she got her DUI or whatever happened with her a few years ago, which I thought was stupid of her), but I'm definitely not fond of her character. LOL.

Rage for Season 9 rewrite ChristinaKeeper2 Rage for Season 9 rewrite 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite EmptySat Sep 22, 2007 11:23 am

I always thought that her character is so flat. if we compare to Laura or Mary in her age, these characters were so much deeper.
BTW I read somewhere that Shannon Doherty earned with her role on Little House the entire income for her family - otherwise they wouldn't have had anything. i don't know if that's true but this way she Jenny was worth something...

Anyway, I'm off topic, sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage for Season 9 rewrite   Rage for Season 9 rewrite Empty

Back to top Go down

Rage for Season 9 rewrite
Page 1 of 1