Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08

Go down 
+4
JW
Carol
ChristinaAL
bethandmanly
8 posters

Do we keep The Return of Nellie
Yes, keep it
The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vote_lcap64%The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Keep it, but change it
The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vote_lcap36%The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
No, toss it out
The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vote_lcap0%The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Bokmal10

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Empty
PostSubject: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 10:42 pm

Please share why you are deciding this way.

Important note: Poll is only open for 14 days.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg

Last edited by bethandmanly on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 pm

While this is not a favorite of mine, I like the thought of Nellie returning to WG, and getting a glimpse of what she was like as a kid. Though Nancy is nastier than Nellie ever was.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 2:09 pm

I love the Nellie-Nancy interaction, and the idea of Nellie returning in general, but I didn't like the storyline in general that much, besides the fact that Nellie came home. Oh, and her talking with Laura was fun too.

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 ChristinaKeeper2 The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 2:24 pm

What would you see as an alternative storyline? I'm not sure how else I could see it playing out, without giving it some thought first.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 2:26 pm

That's the only point I'm stuck at. I would like to see Laura and Nellie visiting a little more, but I'm not quite sure how I would change the storyline otherwise.

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 ChristinaKeeper2 The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm

I voted to Keep but change the storyline. I wish the episode to focus more on Nellie and not so much on Nancy... I have to think of how that can be changed....

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 4:04 pm

I Would like better if Her Husband and her Twins had come to and then maybe move back to walnut grove

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Jacobk10The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Yes, keep it

I really liked this episode. I wish Nellie was more in season 9. The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Dancing2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:30 am

Keeper! Thumbsup I voted not to change, but I would say I'd like to see more interaction between adult Nellie and adult Laura, reminiscing about the old times.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 7:12 pm

This is one of the few season 9 episodes I really like. I too like the scene where Laura and Nellie greet each other as old friends. I also would have liked to have seen Percival and the twins.

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:27 am

Keep it! I love this episode! Even if Nellie is wearing this atrocious pinneaple's wig. ROTFL But well...the choice of the wig and the clothes are really accurate for the historical moment they were depicting. :CoolSign:

Vanesa.

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 8:31 pm

this was my favorite... nellie was trying to get nancy to be nice

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 5:27 pm

Yup. But she forgot that she HERSELF was nice only when she met Percival..and she was a big girl in these times...18..19 years old? Poor Nellie must have known that she must wait a boyfriend to Nancy when she could have 17 or 18 years old too...And when she will maryy and have twins, things could go well again in Oleson's home..Until Harriet would decide to adopt another little blonde girl again and so on... ROTFL :haha:

Vanesa.

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptySun Sep 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Yup. But she forgot that she HERSELF was nice only when she met Percival..and she was a big girl in these times...18..19 years old? Poor Nellie must have known that she must wait a boyfriend to Nancy when she could have 17 or 18 years old too...And when she will maryy and have twins, things could go well again in Oleson's home..Until Harriet would decide to adopt another little blonde girl again and so on... ROTFL :haha:

Vanesa.

LOL the cycle would never end! ROTFL

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:47 pm

We had decided to keep this one as is, but did it bug anyone else that Nancy was such a huge part of the storyline in this one? Why did Nellie's return have to be about Nancy's reaction to her return? So the writer brain began thinking that maybe we could change this one and have the conflict be something that pits the business owners against the farmers--a tax increase or something that would impact the farmers more than the business owners--and have Nellie taking the side of the farmers instead of siding with Harriet.

What do you think?

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Ooh, I like that idea, Cheryl! It could really show how Nellie has changed and grown up, especially to her mother.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Yes, I like that idea -- more emphasis on Nellie and less on Nancy. Maybe a few more scenes with Laura and Nellie reminiscing about their childhood squabbles and how they learned to move beyond them.

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08   The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Return of Nellie for Season 9 rewrite--updated 8/1/08
Page 1 of 1