Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beauty and the Geek

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Beauty and the Geek Goodsi10

Beauty and the Geek Empty
PostSubject: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Does anyone watch this show? The season premiere is on the CW network tonight. I've followed it for a couple seasons. It's a reality show where they pair up smart but nerdy guys with beautiful but intellectually-challenged girls, and have them compete as teams.

It's fun! batEyes
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Beauty and the Geek Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Beauty and the Geek Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 12:45 pm

:Hahaha: I've never heard of it......but it sounds like it would be an interesting concept.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Beauty and the Geek Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 pm

I saw a few episodes from last season when the that one geek and beauty fell for eachother, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Savannah wrote:
:Hahaha: I've never heard of it......but it sounds like it would be an interesting concept.

Same here:haha:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 12:14 pm

At the beginning they were asking questions of some of the beauties. Their answers were... interesting.

Q: What part of your body are you the most proud of?
A: My shoes.

Q: Which is closer to us, the sun or the moon?
A: Um, they're the same thing, aren't they?

Oh, and no one could guess who wrote Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. Huh? And one girl thought that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1942. OhMy
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 12:30 pm

i haven't heard of it! it sounds funny

Beauty and the Geek Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Beauty and the Geek Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Rob wrote:
At the beginning they were asking questions of some of the beauties. Their answers were... interesting.

Q: What part of your body are you the most proud of?
A: My shoes.

Q: Which is closer to us, the sun or the moon?
A: Um, they're the same thing, aren't they?

Oh, and no one could guess who wrote Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. Huh? And one girl thought that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1942. OhMy

Rob! You have to be teasing!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Savannah wrote:
Rob! You have to be teasing!

Oh, if only I was... No
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 3:20 pm

I am sure it's true, lol.

Beckie

P.S. Rob, what the heck is that avtar of? lol ROTFL

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 4:12 pm

It's a llama. And what a llama! Cool
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 4:26 pm

It's a llama with a fro!!! ROTFL

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 7:13 pm

OhMy You were serious!? Oh my word......if that wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 7:10 am

Savannah wrote:
OhMy You were serious!? Oh my word......if that wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.

It's interesting how our society places such a premium on physical beauty. That's especially obvious on this show. Here you have these guys who are, like, studying astrophysics at MIT, and you have these girls, none of whom could tell you who fought in the Civil War. Yet the girls definitely have the upper hand. Both groups consider the girls to be the superior team. They're the ones who walk out with their heads held high, radiating confidence, while the guys slink out as if they don't have any business even being in the same room.

What I like about this show, though, is that while it has the potential to be really ugly and nasty, it never turns out that way. Both sides end up bringing out the best in each other.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 12:06 pm

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:

What I like about this show, though, is that while it has the potential to be really ugly and nasty, it never turns out that way. Both sides end up bringing out the best in each other.

That's very cool. It could very easily turn into a mean game of manipulation. It's great that so far they're bringing the best out of one another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Geek   Beauty and the Geek Empty

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Geek
Page 1 of 1