Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the godsister

Go down 
+18
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Ruth
Honeybee
Krissy
Kristina
JW
Carol
ChristinaAL
jes9
Savannah
Vanesa
LIWnut
bethandmanly
Lori
charles ingalls
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : Charles - the godsister Happy010

Charles - the godsister Empty
PostSubject: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 3:53 pm

i haven't seen this episode... i musta missed it

Charles - the godsister GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 4:02 pm

You haven't missed much! ROTFL

Charles - the godsister Lorike10
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 4:23 pm

i take it it Charles - the godsister 14

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 4:31 pm

I think that would be the general concensus of the forum.

Charles - the godsister Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Charles - the godsister Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 4:34 pm

There are so many other things they could have done to concentrate on the character of Carrie that I don't know why they chose this one. It's probably one of my least favorite episodes.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Charles - the godsister Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Ok, I'll stand up and say that I might be the only one who liked this episode. I think it's a sweet storyline--Pa reads stories to Carrie every night before bed. When he is gone and no one else can fill his place, she imagines a friend to keep her company.
Now, the acting may have been a bit better. I don't think that Sidney and Lindsay were the best actresses on the planet but I'm sure they did their best *maybe*.
The twins kept switching roles. One has a gap between her front teeth and I always have fun watching this episode finding the one with the gap. I don't notice the gap in other episodes, have any of you?
I like this eppie.

Charles - the godsister MarilynKeeper Charles - the godsister Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Yes. I think we don't like it cause the twins acting performance. If there was acted by other little actresses, it could have been much better. Remember what a great acting work Melissa Gilbert would do at their same age! She was terrific! Applause Poor Greenbush twins were not wonderful actresses, to say the least.

The storyline is good. I have a cousin who experienced a similar story than Carrie in this epie. I already told about him in the old forum. He believed he had a friend named "Pafundi" and would tell absurd and long stories about him. I remember specially one: a car had crashed on Pafundi and his tripes were out: "...But then an ambulance came -told my cousin-and Pafundi went to the hospital and there they put inside him his tripes and now he is allright again" affraid

I must say that I rather like Carrie and Alyssa's story about these geant fruits! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Charles - the godsister Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Charles - the godsister Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 7:38 pm

Vanesa wrote:

I already told about him in the old forum. He believed he had a friend named "Pafundi" and would tell absurd and long stories about him. I remember specially one: a car had crashed on Pafundi and his tripes were out: "...But then an ambulance came -told my cousin-and Pafundi went to the hospital and there they put inside him his tripes and now he is allright again" affraid

Vanesa.

:Hahaha: That's quite an imagination!!

Alyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. help

That's all I have to say. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:08 am

I've only seen this episode once in the last year plus a few months, although I probably saw it when it first ran. Since it's a 90-minute episode, it's rarely shown on the U.S. TV networks. Hallmark occasionally shows 90-minute episodes on Saturday mornings, but I don't think TV Land shows them at all.

I also don't think this was a horrible episode. It wasn't one of my favorites, but I'd watch it again if it were on. I think "The Halloween Dream" was probably the worst episode of the series. I've read various theories on why the character of Carrie was nearly written out of the series in the later seasons, so many that I don't know which is right. I just know it was a disappointment to not see the character develop. Carrie was cute as a toddler in the early seasons with her expressions and her one-liners, e.g. "I get to milk the cows!", and "I want sugar on mine!" But, when she got older, the character needed a lot more depth to make her interesting.

It seems it's a roll of the dice when very young children are cast in a long-running series. You really have no idea of their acting talent until they get older. It seems by age five or so, you can get a better feel for it. I'm thinking specifically of Keshia Knight Pulliam (Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show) and Mackenzie Rosman (Ruthie Camden on 7th Heaven) and how entertaining they were as five and six-year-olds. Yet, their characters developed as they got older. I guess LHotP could have started with Carrie as a five-year-old. That would have made the age difference between Laura and Carrie closer to reality.

BTW, Marilyn, I've also noticed that one of the Greenbushes had a gap between her front teeth. I think it was Sidney.

Charles - the godsister JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 2:10 pm

The storyline was cute...but...well...somehow, I thought they got carried away (with the "Alice in Wonderland" scenes and whatnot).

Charles - the godsister ChristinaKeeper2 Charles - the godsister 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 6:14 pm

Lori wrote:
You haven't missed much! ROTFL

:lol!:

Charles - the godsister Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Charles - the godsister Happy011

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 6:33 pm

Alyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Come back this Minute Look I Found my Penny I DON"T LIKE IT

Charles - the godsister Jacobk10Charles - the godsister Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Laughing Jacob

The Godsister = Disaster

Poor Carrie went from speaking cute one liners... to a two part episode... then to not so cute one-liners (Example: Laura, I have to gooooo (pee).. :sad5:

Charles - the godsister Horses10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 5:53 pm

I think the main problem with the last line you mentiones (the pee one grinsmiley ) is that Carrie was too big to act in such a way. I think she must have six or so when they arrived to Winoka... Blue

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 6:02 am

Quote :
Laura, I have to gooooo (pee)...

Try to think about something else! Laughing

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 8:38 am

Vanesa wrote:
I think the main problem with the last line you mentiones (the pee one grinsmiley ) is that Carrie was too big to act in such a way. I think she must have six or so when they arrived to Winoka... Blue

Vanesa.

You hit it right on the head Vanesa. They insisted upon making Carrie the cute little sister even after Grace came along. This is so unrealistic for the time period where children were expected to start helping out on the farm. How often did we see Carrie doing chores? I think an even more annoying example of how they insisted upon keeping Carrie a little girl is the episode "The Werewolf of Walnut Grove" where in a very whiny voice Carrie interrupts Albert the werewolf trying to intimidate Bart Slater. "I'm gonna tell Ma," she says to Laura if her older sister doesn't come in and help with Grace. The voice is awful in and of itself, but at Carrie's age she would have been expected to handle Grace on her own.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 8:16 am

Mark your calendars now. "The Godsister" will air on Hallmark Saturday, November 3 at 7:00am Eastern Time, right after "The Halloween Dream". Now, if they'd only show "The Older Brothers" and "For the Love of Blanche" on the same day, that would have to make it the best day in the history of TV. Well, maybe not.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 12:31 pm

jes9 wrote:
Mark your calendars now. "The Godsister" will air on Hallmark Saturday, November 3 at 7:00am Eastern Time, right after "The Halloween Dream". Now, if they'd only show "The Older Brothers" and "For the Love of Blanche" on the same day, that would have to make it the best day in the history of TV. Well, maybe not.

Thanks for the warning...I'll have to remember to notwatch that day! ROTFL

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 9:02 pm

is that when thier in winoka and they meet albert?

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 10:58 pm

Yep.Laura helped him to get out the money Albert had lost, using a chewing gum...and when Laura returns to Carrie...oh, well...she'd wet her dress. Well, no, not her dress. She had wet Winoka's street. What a shame! Then, Laura took her inside the hotel trying people not to notice what Carre had done! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 10:24 am

ok then i did see it... then while at supper she dropped food
and said oh damn

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 2:48 pm

charles ingalls wrote:
ok then i did see it... then while at supper she dropped food
and said oh damn

Yeah, I believe that was in the same episode. I felt bad for her then, she was so upset and scared at having done something wrong. I had a similiar situation when I was little. :shy:

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 6:40 pm

what's the alt name for the episode for godsister

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Charles - the godsister Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Two different episodes are being discussed here, Gary. One is The Godsister.........with Carrie's imagination going wild, and her calling out "Alyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssaaaaaaaa!!". It's 90 minutes long, and focuses a lot on Carrie. It's very rarely aired, because it's a 90 minute episode.

The other is when they first moved to Winoka, and first met Albert. That one is called "As Long as We're Together" and they're both in Season Five. There aren't alternate titles, they're two different episodes.

Here's a link to the Season Five episode descriptions:

http://www.bright.net/~hohenbri/season5.htm
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 9:24 pm

oh thanks savannah... wonder if it will be on

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   Charles - the godsister Empty

Back to top Go down

the godsister
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: Episode Reviews :: SEASON 5-
Jump to: