Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stone soup

Go down 
+15
Davetucson
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Ruth
Honeybee
whitelighter
Krissy
Rhonda
Rob
Savannah
Kristina
bethandmanly
jes9
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
charles ingalls
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : stone soup - Page 2 Bokmal10

stone soup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: WILLIE - STONE SOUP   stone soup - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:34 am

One of the reasons I love this episode is the change
in Willie. This is where he really started to be a
sweet kid. When he talked about feeling good when
helping people and nearly getting heat stroke running
for Doc Baker to help Laura. His character permanently
changed from this point on. I think Willie had a lot of
his father's qualities. Just took a while for them to come out.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : stone soup - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:36 am

Davetucson wrote:
One of the reasons I love this episode is the change
in Willie. This is where he really started to be a
sweet kid. When he talked about feeling good when
helping people and nearly getting heat stroke running
for Doc Baker to help Laura. His character permanently
changed from this point on. I think Willie had a lot of
his father's qualities. Just took a while for them to come out.

Good point.He did turn around. Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : stone soup - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:48 am

I loved Cassandra's expressions while Caroline was telling the story of Stone Soup. She was so into that story. I'm sure if her charactor had been on longer she would have been a great little actress. James (Jason Bateman) certianly shined through as well.
I always just wanted to spank Laura for risking the life of her baby. She sure was stubborn. If Caroline hadn't come by...and Willie hadn't been there she would have layed in that orchard and baked.
I agree Dave....Willie made a turn around in this episode. Wish we had seen more of he and Rachel in the show.

stone soup - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : stone soup - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Gin wrote:
I loved Cassandra's expressions while Caroline was telling the story of Stone Soup. She was so into that story. I'm sure if her charactor had been on longer she would have been a great little actress. James (Jason Bateman) certianly shined through as well.
I always just wanted to spank Laura for risking the life of her baby. She sure was stubborn. If Caroline hadn't come by...and Willie hadn't been there she would have layed in that orchard and baked.
I agree Dave....Willie made a turn around in this episode. Wish we had seen more of he and Rachel in the show.

I don't add anything to what you said for those are exactly my feelings toward this episode. Smile

Vanesa.

stone soup - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 pm

I really liked watching this tonight and seeing Willie run to get Doc Baker...even more seeing Nel's face when Doc Baker told him. I think having to deal with Nellie made him a little more of a trouble-maker at times, but I liked him.
I like how he dumped water on top on Nancy's head too...you never see her doing anything but I guess it was implied. (at least one tree) : )
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : stone soup - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Nancy's so funny in this one! You hate me!!

stone soup - Page 2 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 555

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 8:02 pm

Just finished watching this one. I like that Willie gets to be the hero. But so much of the episode is boring to me, just watching Laura struggling in the hot sun to water her trees. I think we get the picture. I think the episode could have been more interesting if they had two stories going on: 1) The drought and its effects in Walnut Grove; 2) Pa and Almanzo's adventures on their trip. Would really have loved to see the Navajo helping Pa and Almanzo!!

Also, the wagon Nels drove out to the Wilder farm is the same one that Almanzo drove, I believe, when the nephews came to visit? So is it a community wagon shared by the whole town? HAHA!

Last edited by amyk on Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 555

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 8:04 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I liked the realism of this epsiode.  I'm sure many a pregnant wife was left behind to care for the farm while her husband went off for work during that time period.  

It did bother me though that Laura was several months pregnant in the Christmas episode and it was obviously summer during this episode.  How long was that girl pregnant?  LOL!

And she said she still had four months before the baby was due prior to Pa and Almanzo going away. Yet, I could not really tell any increase in the size of her 'baby bump' from beginning to end of the episode.....although with the outfit she wears, it may not really be possible to tell much difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stone soup   stone soup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

stone soup
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2