Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders

Go down 
4 posters

Do the Wilders come to Walnut Grove?
Yes, Royal, Millie, and the boys
Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_lcap13%Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Yes, Royal and Jenny
Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_lcap13%Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Yes, Royal and the boys
Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_lcap0%Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, Royal, Jenny, and the boys
 13% [ 1 ]
Yes, Royal, Millie, the boys, and Jenny
Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_lcap0%Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Wilders visit, but don't stay
Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_lcap50%Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
No, the Wilders don't come to Walnut Grove
 13% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Bokmal10

Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Empty
PostSubject: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:54 am

We have to decide if the Wilder family comes to Walnut Grove. Keep in mind, if Jenny is eliminated, we might be rewriting more episodes than we are now.

This poll is open for 14 days.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:55 am

I can tolerate Jenny, but the boys have to come with Royal too.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 12:20 am

Oh, no...please...don't keep Jenny...I promis to work HARD, really HARD re-writing the epies in which you may see her...But please, no...no Jenny! I'll be good! I'll be good! :Hahaha: bawling :sad5: :faint2:

No; seriously speaking: I'd rather like that the Carters will come to Walnut Grove but without Jenny: just Royal, Millie, Myron and Ruppert. And I should like they could stay in the town...so, some storylines with Jenny in them could be switched with Myron and Ruppert...And in "Hello and Goodbye", we may make the Wilders to leave Walnut Grove inestead of Matthew. Huh?

Vanesa.

Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 7:13 pm

I went with they will visit but not stay. I think it would be interesting to bring them in for an episode or two, but I guess I don't really have a preference as to them staying. So, I voted for "visit" b/c I wouldn't mind seeing them in some episodes.

Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 3:14 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
I went with they will visit but not stay. I think it would be interesting to bring them in for an episode or two, but I guess I don't really have a preference as to them staying. So, I voted for "visit" b/c I wouldn't mind seeing them in some episodes.

I could see them staying for a while after Millie's death while Royal figures out what in the heck to do, but I can't see Millie being alive in this scenario because why would they stay away from their house so long.

And once again, if Jenny is not in the mix it means rewriting every episode where she makes an appearance. We don't necessarily have to write Jenny into the episodes we rewrite, but if she never comes to Walnut Grove, an episode like "Home Again" or "A Child with No Name" which we voted to keep (as is) will also have to be changed to remove Jenny from it.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Of course, I tought about that. But I don't think that Jenny is too important for the show. We may introduce another character, and not her... :think: But...WHO?

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 11:03 pm

I just realized that we are totally erased from our minds the new Royal and Millie's child? Do you remember that in the episode "The Nephews", Millie announces Royal that she is pregnant again?

Vanesa. OhMy

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 11:22 pm

Yep, you're right Vanessa. What about the child who would be about almost 2 in Season 9? Darn, I hate when that happens. LOL!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 6:35 pm

We could add this character to our "new" Season 9...Just to have a new baby like Carrie was at the first seasons! But, oh wait...what's supposed to be done with Rose? :think:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 8:06 pm

I hate to sound morbid...........but maybe Millie lost the baby. Blue As for Jenny.........Carrie could take over quite a lot of her parts, couldn't she?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 9:23 pm

The challenge is, if we remove Jenny we will have to rewrite probably most of the episodes we've decided to keep. We voted to keep Welcome to Olesonville, The Return of Nellie, Home Again, A Child with No Name, and May I Have This Dance?. But Jenny is in some of these, so either we keep her and just don't write her into most of the episodes we change--meaning she only appears in the first episode and then the ones we decided to keep, or we rewrite almost all ten episodes we decided to keep and also create new ones.

It's not like I am attached to Jenny, but that seems like a lot of work.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 11:01 pm

It will be a lot of work. I think rewriting the even the episodes we voted to keep could be fun, it's just deciding how to re-work them to exclude Jenny that will make things difficult. :think: Her exclusion won't affect some episodes very much (like "Home Again", I think Jenny is mostly just a background character),but for episodes that she has more of a role in, we will have to decide how to replace her parts either by using a different character or changing the episodes a lot more...even though we decided to keep them the way they are, LOL. :scratch:

Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 11:25 pm

But the thing is, if we agree to keep them, then how can we not introduce Jenny? We will be forced to rewrite scenes and how do we do that without rewriting most of the episodes? Try to think of this as the show.

Example: Jenny and Royal do not come to Walnut Grove--not a big deal about Royal because he dies anyway. If Jenny appears in the next episode at all--Welcome to Olsenville--how do we not touch it? How do we not rewrite it or copy word for word the entire show and then edit Jenny's parts out? It won't make any sense.

Another example: I have taken the Laura and Almanzo storyline and filled in lots of the gaps with my fan fiction stories. I started with my story, "The Robe", which is about Laura returning Almanzo's robe to him and then I kept going until my first few Laura and Almanzo stories--"Interference", "Unexpected News" and "New Lives." Big problem = in these first three stories, I had Laura and Eliza Jane not liking each other, but all my stories from "The Robe" until I got to "Interference" have them as being friendly (like they were in the show). If my stories were a TV show, the viewer would go absolutely bonkers because Laura and Eliza Jane have had a good relationship for 15 episodes and now suddenly they hate each other and always have.

See my point? You'll have to forgive the writer in me. It's what I do. If you guys want to try and do it the other way and get rid of Jenny and pretend she doesn't exist in some episodes, I guess that I can have temporary amnesia. LOL!

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 8:15 am

You know, I was thinking of this last night and I fear if we make it too difficult then people will not want to participate. I will do my best to remove part of my writer brain from this so that we can all have fun.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 5:24 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
You know, I was thinking of this last night and I fear if we make it too difficult then people will not want to participate. I will do my best to remove part of my writer brain from this so that we can all have fun.

Cheryl

... How can you say you don't have a sense of humor? ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 6:39 pm

ROTFL :Hahaha: You are really funny, Cheryl!

But I think the way you does. I think we may be able to make as if Jenny never existed, and not even replace her parts. We may think totally different situations to re-write the season 9.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 7:57 pm

That's what I was thinking too, Vanesa. If we do write her out, we can replace any significant parts she had in episodes (like, "Once Upon a Time" for instance), possibly with other characters...and for parts where she was sort of a background character, we could just leave those parts out altogether.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 9:57 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

Cheryl

... How can you say you don't have a sense of humor? ROTFL

Can you just see me unscrewing the bolt on the side of my head and reaching in to pull the creative side out? :gross:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders   Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 9 rewrite - The Wilders
Page 1 of 1