Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview

Go down 
+5
jes9
emilyanneoftheprairie
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Carol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Happy010

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Empty
PostSubject: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 12:34 am

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 12:45 am

Thanks for posting, Carol.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 2:21 pm

I think I have this one on tape somewhere. It was a great interview though, a lot of fun to watch. Thanks for posting Carol Thumbsup

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview ChristinaKeeper2 Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Thank you for posting it, Carol! I didn't know she was interviewed in 1993. She looked great back then!

Vanesa.

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 7:18 pm

thats sooo kool! thats the lady that played Mama on Mama'sfamily! Vicki Lawrence

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Cute-2
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks for posting these, Carol! I particularly enjoyed hearing Melissa and Alison talking about playing "gross out". Radishes and butterscotch pudding -- yum!

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 10:08 pm

jes9 wrote:
Thanks for posting these, Carol! I particularly enjoyed hearing Melissa and Alison talking about playing "gross out". Radishes and butterscotch pudding -- yum!

I remember playing a game like 'gross out' when I was little lol
I remember eating a bowl of trix ceral mixed together with spaghetti grinsmiley
I think radishes and butterscotch pudding beat it though LOL

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 12:01 am

That was great! I got a chuckle out of Melissa saying she never even kissed her husband on LHOP and they had two kids.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 7:26 pm

We-ell. She has just bad memoirs, since she KISSED Almanzo and more than once! The first time was on "Sweet Sixteen"!!! grinsmiley And the fact we wouldn't see what was happening when they went to bed, wouldn't mean they wouldn't do it...I think that TV shows only showed some parts of life , and the other parts are left for the watcher imagination, but this wouldn't mean that these never happens. :shifty:

In the movie "Desirée", from the last part of the 50's, "Desirée" married Bernadotte, a Napoleon's Marechal, and the night of the wedding, they only shows the fireplace golwing until you heard some romantic sentences from the "just married". And you were able to understand WHAT was happening, for sure! Wink :shy:

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 10:05 pm

I think it was in the context of Nellie's relationship with Percival versus Laura's relationship with Almanzo. One of my complaints about Laura and Almanzo's relationship has always been that they weren't seen as being the loving couple that their parents were. Mary and Adam weren't really either. Nellie used to call Percival "my love" and they were a very affectionate onscreen couple, but the Ingalls sisters didn't seem to have that type of relationship with their husbands. Not that they didn't love them, but they weren't affectionate in the same way Charles and Caroline and Nellie and Percival were.

That would have been a great question for Michael Landon if he were still alive. Did the fact that Melissa Sue and Melissa G were his TV daughters have any influence in how the writers portrayed Mary's and Laura's relationship with their husbands? Hmmm...my curious mind is now in overdrive.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Wow Cheryl, I never noticed the affection between Ingalls sisters and their husbands, but now that you mentioned it, you're right!! Why is it always YOU noticed things like that??!! :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 4:31 pm

Lily wrote:
Wow Cheryl, I never noticed the affection between Ingalls sisters and their husbands, but now that you mentioned it, you're right!! Why is it always YOU noticed things like that??!! :haha:

Because I'm a writer and things like that bug me. Oh, to watch a show--any show--and not dissect it. Just impossible to shut off my writer's mind. banghead

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 5:44 pm

Seems like the fighting part of their relationship was focused a lot more than the affectionate part lol

I guess Michael liked seeing Laura be feisty grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyTue Oct 16, 2007 7:18 pm

Carol wrote:
Seems like the fighting part of their relationship was focused a lot more than the affectionate part lol

I guess Michael liked seeing Laura be feisty grinsmiley

Dean spoke about this in his Season 7 interview on the DVDs. He mentioned that Melissa's age made it difficult for them to be in more romantic situations during this season, so they purposely wrote them fighting a lot. I can see how that would be realistic too, though, because as some old married folks can probably tell you, it is very different dating someone and being married to him/her. And when you do have an argument, it's not like you leave and go back to your place, because you share the same place.

I think that's what inspired this smilie - Frying pan

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Carol, that was just too much fun! Talk about killing an afternoon...I can't break myself away from the MG Youtube stuff!! I've never thought to check her out on Youtube!! OhMy I just watched the Howie Mandel interview too...gosh, funny stuff!

Alison was so funny on Vicki too!

Thanks for posting that, Carol! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 5:40 pm

I wish I had high speed internet so that I could check this out! It sounds really neat!

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 8:18 pm

I really love to hear Melissa Gilbert talk about her LH days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Gilbert 1993 interview
Page 1 of 1