Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about baby grace

Go down 
+2
bethandmanly
charles ingalls
6 posters
AuthorMessage
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : question about baby grace Happy010

question about baby grace Empty
PostSubject: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 2:07 pm

you know i never heard grace speak, never called charles pa
or caroline ma.... she only smiled one episode she cried

question about baby grace GARYKEEPER

Last edited by on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : question about baby grace Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 2:54 pm

In the episode in Season 7 when Caroline moved into Nellie's to get support of the state petition to give women the right to vote, Grace spoke. She cried over and over again for Ma and, if I remember right, there was a blooper there because she said she wanted to go to her house--and she was in the house.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 2:57 pm

i remember her crying, i'll have to pay attention next time

Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 5:06 pm

I think in the same episode (I guess it was "Oleson vs. Oleson") she was also talking when Charles tried to give her breakfast. Under her crying and screeming she said something like "I want my mommy".

BTW: This scene seems somehow cruel to me. I mean, the girl who played Grace was not acting but really crying for a good long while (way too long for my liking) so hard that she could hardly breath. She was really calling for her mommy and I guess her mother was somewhere in the background and watched the scene.

IMO it wasn't necessary to let a child cry, only to show that it was hard to manage the family without Ma.
In "Ma's Holyday"(?) they used a funny scene when Edwards was looking for Carry all over the place, while she was hidden under the bed. The messege was very well understood and you could see that the actress had fun with that.

question about baby grace Ranake10
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 5:39 pm

they used twins for grace as well as carrie

Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 5:50 pm

I know, but I never know which twin played in which particular scene. So I couldn't say if it was Brenda or Wendi Turnbaugh, who cried so hard in "Oleson vs. Oleson". I also couldn't say if it was Sidney or Lindsay Greenbush, who peeked out under the bed in "Ma's Holyday". :unsure:

question about baby grace Ranake10
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 6:10 pm

no you can't

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 10:58 pm

My sister in law has a sister that has identical twin girls, Lara and Alina. When they were babies their hair ould grew up in a different way, so you could say who was who, but now, their hair is exactly alike and I can't say who's Lara and who's Alina.

It's the same for Greenbush and Turnbaugh Twins, even if they are not totally alike. The problem is that when we are watching the epies where we can see them, we are too much interested in the story to pay attention to the twins differences. I'm sure that if we should pay closer attention we could already say who's who. :think: But by now, I simply can't. grinsmiley

Vanesa.

question about baby grace Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 11:14 pm

rana wrote:
I think in the same episode (I guess it was "Oleson vs. Oleson") she was also talking when Charles tried to give her breakfast. Under her crying and screeming she said something like "I want my mommy".

BTW: This scene seems somehow cruel to me. I mean, the girl who played Grace was not acting but really crying for a good long while (way too long for my liking) so hard that she could hardly breath. She was really calling for her mommy and I guess her mother was somewhere in the background and watched the scene.

IMO it wasn't necessary to let a child cry, only to show that it was hard to manage the family without Ma.
In "Ma's Holyday"(?) they used a funny scene when Edwards was looking for Carry all over the place, while she was hidden under the bed. The messege was very well understood and you could see that the actress had fun with that.

That's the scene I was thinking of. I thought Grace was asking to go to her house--meaning her own house in this scene too, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't watch this one too often because poor newly-wedded Laura and Almanzo are forced to be separated so that Laura can support her mother. And you're right, Grace cries a bit too much for my liking.

Of course, when I first read this thread, I thought of Grace Edwards and I couldn't understand why anyone would say they never heard her speak. LOL!

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 11:03 pm

Hahaha! Grace Edwards spoke a great deal in the show! I understand your amazement reading the title of the thread! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 9:26 am

i re-edit the post, i heard grace talk to caroline couldn't understand. but she did

Last edited by on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Yeah, she sopke. I think sometimes more than poor Carrie got the chance to.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 2:36 pm

No worries Gary. My mind just automatically flowed to Grace Edwards and when I read it, it took me a minute to think of baby Grace. My mind is a tad slow sometimes.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 2:37 pm

don't feel bad cheryl my minds the same way

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 7:57 pm

charles ingalls wrote:
i re-edit the post, i heardgrave talk to caroline couldn't understand. but she did

Yes, that was also in the "Oleson vs. Oleson" episode - Grace said something (that I couldn't make out) to Caroline and she just went along with it and improvised the scene - she was such a great actress.

I'm trying to think of any other instances where Grace spoke, but I really can't think of any besides this episode. She was so young.

question about baby grace ChristinaKeeper2 question about baby grace 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 8:02 pm

i can't remember

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 11:49 pm

I think that the Greenbush twins were young too and they were more in character than the Turnbaugh's ones.

I remember the episode when Lara has her house distroyed by a tornado and she spoke to baby Grace about how dissapointed and angry she was. The baby looked at her without being able to say a single word. Later, Laura brings her to the house in order to "clean it" (Lauar didn't know it has been totally distroyed), and when she met the whole disaster she runs away crying histerically. Then, Grace looked at her in amazement and then began to run herself, trying -I suppose-to get some help. But in fact she wouldn'ty said a single word.

This is true. Gary is right. We never hear her to speak as baby Grace. She said some little words time to time, but as Wendy or Brenda Turnbaugh...Too sad. No

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 7:48 am

I just saw "Oleson vs. Oleson" this week, and I paid close attention to the breakfast scene to try to figure out what Grace said. Unfortunately, Hallmark cut out the part where Grace talks. banghead As I recall it, Grace says, "At my house", when Charles is trying to get her to eat, and Charles replies, "It's my house too!" I don't recall what Charles said to prompt Grace to say, "At my house".

question about baby grace JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 7:34 pm

i have dish hallmark didn't cut out where grace
was talking to caroline

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 12:09 am

Little Grace was a cutie on the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about baby grace   question about baby grace Empty

Back to top Go down

question about baby grace
Page 1 of 1