Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new Melissa Gilbert movie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie Empty
PostSubject: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 12:53 am

It seems like ages since she's had a new one out, I've been looking forward to this! LOL, my mother actually saw a commercial for it on Hallmark, I believe, and I looked it up on IMDb.com. It's called "Spring Thaw" and is still in "pre-preduction" so there isn't a description for it. It does have Cyril O'Reilly billed as one of the lead actors besides MG, and they actually worked together in a remake of "Splendor in the Grass" in 1981. I can't wait to see this new movie! happy1

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie ChristinaKeeper2 Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie Happy010

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 11:13 am

That's excellent news Applause
Here is a little more about it:

In “Spring Thaw,” Melissa Gilbert portrays a tough New York City attorney attempting to reconnect with her ailing father, played by Ken Howard.

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Cool, thanks Carol! :) I was wondering what it was about! LOL.

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie ChristinaKeeper2 Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie Purple2

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 3:17 pm

I saw the ad for this......so sad, there is a part where her dad says something like, "Now would be a good time to ask those questions, I may not be able to answer them later..." bawling

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie Rhonda10Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 3:18 pm

I saw an ad for it on Hallmark that just basically showed the actors and said their names, but it is also going by the name "Sacrifices of the Heart". It'll be good to see her in something new :woohooo:

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 1:05 am

Okay, mark your calendars everyone! Cool

Movie Popcorn "Sacrifices of the Heart" will premier this Saturday, March 3rd at 9pm on the Hallmark channel!

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie PG_USA_Sacrifices

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm ready! grinsmiley Thanks, Carol. I can't wait! I'm going to try to tape it as well as watch.

I was going to post this in a separate thred, but on gilbertboxleitner.com (I may have spelled that wrong), there is a recent interview w/ MG and BB, seeing as they both have upcoming Hallmark movies. I didn't want to post the interview here b/c I thought some of the material might be questionable on our forum. :scratch:

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 5:23 pm

I read that interview Christina and know what you mean. :shifty:

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 8:17 pm

The movie is on at 9 PM tonight! I can't wait! :)

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 8:26 pm

I'll be watching! :woohooo:

Want some popcorn Christina or did u make some already? Movie Popcorn

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 9:47 pm

i'm watching right now it's called sacrifices of the heart
and on again at 11:00

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptySun Mar 04, 2007 1:22 am

Carol wrote:
I'll be watching! :woohooo:

Want some popcorn Christina or did u make some already? Movie Popcorn

Aw thank you, Carol! That's so thoughtful of you :) I actually had Chinese takeout with my movie watching, but popcorn would've been a nice snack for later! LOL.

I thought it was a great movie. How disturbing it must have been for Kate to find her mother committed suicide, and the scene where she goes back was so emotional! I love MG; I wish she would do more movies like this. This movie was really close to my heart; my grandma has Alzheimer's and I have seen things that Thane went through happen and it's so heartbreaking what it does to the person, and the family. I can only wonder what goes through someone's mind if they're diagnosed and still in the frame of mind where they can understand what's happening, but know they're powerless against it. Blue

Two side notes: the little girl who played young Kate looked so much like MG did on LH. I thought it was quite a resemblance. And also, Kate's boss was so nice to her when she took a leave of absence. I wish all bosses acted that way when similiar things came up in real life.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptySun Mar 04, 2007 3:56 pm

I also loved the movie. It hit close to home as well as I remembered how my uncle acted in his early stages of Alzheimer's. Many things Kate's dad did reminded me of how my uncle would act, from getting ready to go places at night to needing and arm to help him walk.

Melissa looked great in the movie. I liked the storyline w/ the girl that was being abused by her step father... what a rat! mad Kate sure had to deal w/ tough things like finding her mother and then at the end where she saw the other man dead.

I'm glad she took time off from work for a while... her dad really was going to need her during that time.

Anyway, great movie! Applause

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie EmptySun Mar 04, 2007 6:20 pm

my grandmother had that and died from it

Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Melissa Gilbert movie   Melissa - new Melissa Gilbert movie Empty

Back to top Go down

new Melissa Gilbert movie
Page 1 of 1