Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day

Go down 
+4
Lily
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
Savannah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Happy010

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 5:10 pm

Veteran's Day Tribute

Thank you to our veterans! The link above is one that I saw on youtube . . . it's a song that was written specifically for US Veterans, but I'm thankful for all of the allied veterans. Our freedoms were purchased by their sacrifice. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 5:58 pm

May my Grandfather, who was in the the US Navy, rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 6:44 pm

My Dad passed away two years ago. He was a WWII veteran who fought in Italy and North Africa. I will always be thankful to him and to all the other veterans on this and every day.
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 7:44 pm

thank you all Veterans!

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Cute-2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 7:45 pm

Rob wrote:
My Dad passed away two years ago. He was a WWII veteran who fought in Italy and North Africa. I will always be thankful to him and to all the other veterans on this and every day.

Amen Rob!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 10:39 pm

A big thank you to all the veterans from me and my family!!!

It's sad to see that on this day, people care more about what's on sale in the stores than remembering all our veterans.
No

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 3:42 am

Very true, Lily!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 8:40 am

I salute each and every Veteran and military man and/or woman out there. I spoke with my boy in Mississippi and he listens to music that deals with the war, the sacrifices and everything, and I asked him how he can do that. He said, "Mom, I listen to that every morning to remind myself why I am here. The military is only 1% and if it wasn't for us, women like you would be treated like the women in Iraq and I am not going to stand by and let that happen." I was so choked up, I couldn't hardly talk to him anymore.......Below are some of the songs he listens to. :think:

In our area, we have been honoring the Veteran's since Friday. The high school did a wonderful assembly for the Veterans and the WWII men were given the highest honor; each year they honor a certain group. All weekend long, parades and gatherings were held and there will be even more today. grinsmiley

Arlington
Somebody's Someone

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day 8_4_56

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Rhonda10Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 1:33 pm

That is a beautiful tribute.

Thank you to all the veterans.

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 3:38 pm

Thanks, Rhonda!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 6:43 pm

:crySC:

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Each time I've gone to Washington DC, I've stopped at Arlington. And each time, I'm overwhelmed by how many people are buried there. There were hundreds of people there at Arlington the last time that I was there, but there was not one sound. I didn't even hear any birds. It was completely silent. It's a very solemn, thought provoking place.

I saw a picture of Arlington at Christmas........snow covered, with a wreath at each headstone. It was achingly beautiful, and stunning in how the stones went on and on and on.......thousands of people who didn't make it home for Christmas one year - and never would again. And it makes me want to do my part to make sure that the freedoms that they fought and died for remain part of America.

Okay.......I had to see if I could find a similar picture . . . . and here one is:

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day ChristmasAtArlington
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm

I saw on TV last year where the big moving trucks had pulled up and several volunteers were there unloading wreaths to put on the graves. There is one guy that makes sure the graves get a wreath every single year...it was amazing!!! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 7:28 pm

Great pic, Savannah. My Dad's father (my other Grandfather) is buried at Arlingtin. He was in WWII, POW. Was presumed dead and one day came walking up the street, just when my Great-grandmother (His mother) was about to collect his death benefits.

He died when my dad was 16. So I never got to meet him. I bet he could have told me some great stories that you would never tire of hearing.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Both of my Grandfathers were WWII vets, but neither one chose to be buried in Arlington. And neither one would ever speak of their war experiences. In every other aspect, the two of them were pretty much polar opposites - but in those ways, they were very much the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm

That was beautiful! R.I.P to everybody who died..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 3:52 pm

i never got to meet my granfather, i've been thinking a lot about him..(my dad never got to meet him either, he died before he was born)
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 6:32 pm

What a moving picture, Savannah. Veteran's Day isn't really spoken about where I live unfortunately - as somebody else said, it's a shame people care more about what's on sale in stores than our Veterans who fought for our freedom . I wish it was observed more here. I am certainly thankful for the freedom all these brave men and women have fought for.

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day ChristinaKeeper2 Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Rat10
Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Rat110

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Thank you to all of our Veterans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day   Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day
Page 1 of 1