Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally finished

Go down 
+7
Vanesa
JW
ChristinaAL
Lily
emilyanneoftheprairie
edwina
Savannah
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Finally finished Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Finally finished Happy010

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 11:52 pm

I had to start early this morning, because I had to go out this evening for a while . . . . but I baked about a bazillion cookies today! LOL. . . . Okay, maybe not quite that many. But, pretty close! There are several things going on this weekend, and I need cookies for some of them.

Have you seen those "Surprise Pillow Cookies" from Andes? I made up 9 dozen of those. And I don't even get to try them! :Hahaha: They looked really cute, though. They really did look kind of like little pillows.

Finally finished Mint_pillow_cookies

Then, I made five dozen peanut butter cookies. That recipe is my favorite. Absolutely delicious! (Did I post that one yet? I can't remember!) And finally, I made 18 star shaped cakes. My youngest niece, Oliveah came over and "helped". Good land, how many hands does a three-year-old HAVE?? :Hahaha:

Now, I've moved beyond tired and have crossed into the "stupid tired" category.
Back to top Go down

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 12:51 am

I love Sugar cookies! But those things you posted look good!
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Finally finished Party010

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Those look YUMMY. And the question to how many hands does a 3-year old have....TOO MANY!!! :sillySmiley:
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 12:39 pm

those look good

Finally finished Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Finally finished Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Finally finished LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Finally finished Vianne10

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 1:21 pm

Savannah, I can only imagine how your house smells like now..........SCRUMPTIOUSLY YUMMY!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 9:22 am

yummmmmy
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 1:45 pm

Savannah those cookies look great! I've never heard of the "pillow" ones before but they look delicious! I've started gathering some recipes for Christmas cookies - I'm hoping to start making some next weekend. I love baking holiday cookies! :)

Finally finished ChristinaKeeper2 Finally finished 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Here's the recipe for the pillow cookies. It says that it makes about 4 dozen, but I made two batches and got close to ten dozen, because I used the leftover cookie dough from trimming the edges.

Andes Mint Pillow Cookies
Finally finished Mint_pillow_cookies
Ingredients:

1 cup unsalted butter - softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
49 Andes Créme de Menthe Thins (Can also be made with Andes Cherry Jubilee or Andes Toffee Crunch Thins)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400° F. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
Divide dough in half. On well-floured surface, roll half of the dough into a 14 x 9-inch rectangle. Arrange mints evenly on dough, forming 7 rows of 7. Between 2 sheets of wax paper, roll remaining dough into a second 14 x 9-inch rectangle.
Remove top sheet of wax paper and discard. Carefully turn second rectangle over mint-topped dough, matching edges. Remove remaining wax paper. Using a pizza cutter or scalloped-edge pastry wheel, cut dough evenly between mints. Gently press edges of pillows to seal.
Place pillows 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400° degrees for 7 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown. Cool completely before storing.
Yield approx.: 4 dozen cookies.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Finally finished Happy011

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Can I have the Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe?

Finally finished Jacobk10Finally finished Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 6:41 pm

Thanks Savannah! I think I'm going to try them. I'm adding that recipe to my collection :)

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 8:27 pm

JW wrote:
Can I have the Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe?

Sure, Jacob! I'll post it on Monday. (I don't have it with me right now)
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Finally finished Bokmal10

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 11:01 pm

Don't worry, Savannah. I just love your little pillows! And of course, I will try them. batEyes

Some days ago, I wanted to cook a chocolate pie, but I don't know exactly why, the pie wouldn't remain flat, and began to go up and up...Result? A nice shortcake... :Hahaha: It was delicious, but it was not a pie...It was a cake. Frustrating, to say the least.

I can't understand what happened there! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Finally finished Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 11:35 am

I really need to stop opening these food threads. I am really having to fight myself not to go raid the kitchen! Or to eat the gingerbread house Kelsey, Tim and I painstaking put together yesterday! *LOL*

Finally finished PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 11:37 am

Oooh, a gingerbread house! Those are so much fun to make!
Back to top Go down

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyWed Dec 05, 2007 4:39 pm

pamh36 wrote:
I really need to stop opening these food threads. I am really having to fight myself not to go raid the kitchen! Or to eat the gingerbread house Kelsey, Tim and I painstaking put together yesterday! *LOL*

Same here Pam. Now I really want some cookies. Savannah, can you UPS me some overnight....pretty please......grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Wish me luck! After I study a little bit for my last final, I'm going to try making Savannah's mint pillow cookies! :)

Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Finally finished Goodsi10

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 pm

Good luck! I'm sure they'll turn out good!

Finally finished FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Finally finished Little
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 10:37 pm

I'll make them for New Year's Eve. Now , I'm doing too much things for Christmas! All of us will get fat as pigs after these celebrations.... grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 10:38 pm

*Oink* batEyes
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Finally finished Happy011

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 7:46 pm

Savannah wrote:
*Oink* batEyes

ROTFL

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Oink, oink..hic! Drunk :drinking: eat

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 10:02 pm

I forgot to write about how my cookies turned out! I had a little bit of difficulty putting one layer of dough on top of the other (mint-covered) layer, so I had to do some patchwork with the dough to cover some of the mints, LOL. A handful of the cookies turned out not looking that pretty...so I ate them. ROTFL But other than that, the rest turned out good and they're so cute! Thanks for the recipe, Savannah! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 10:07 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
A handful of the cookies turned out not looking that pretty...so I ate them. ROTFL

Ahhh, the baker's secret has been exposed!! Eat the not-so-perfect ones, and nobody knows the difference. :Hahaha: I'm glad you like them, Christina! grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 11:17 pm

Congrats, Christina! I'm happy they turned out well. And the next time I cook cookies, I'll follow your advice...Oink, oink! ROTFL The only problem is that if what turns bad is a cake...I just can't eat the whole thing for the people wouldn't notice it! batEyes

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 11:19 pm

:Hahaha: Vanesa! A cake is a different story......with THAT you make extra frosting, and HIDE the mistakes. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finally finished Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally finished
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next