Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"

Go down 
+7
Honeybee
I Love Dean
Kristina
LIWnut
Prairie Wind
JW
Carol
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - Page 2 Headac10

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm

I just read this book today. Reading this book kind of makes me feel & Appreciate life today and all the stuff we have. Smile

The thing about Sunday's. How you did NO work or play during that day. Today society people don't really take Sundays as a day of rest anymore. People work still. Poor children must have been a long boring day for them. LOL

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:17 am

Sheesh, Charles Ingalls has itchy feet, I have itchy fingers...

Ok, with this book, I keep going back and forth about Jack not riding in the wagon. In those days, dogs weren't pampered, farm dogs had a job to do just like every other member of the farm. Charles was being the alpha saying dogs don't ride in wagons, because dogs weren't pampered.

BUT, Jack's role as the watchdog was a very important. The one with the most important members on the expedition to Kansas was Charles, the horses, and Jack. The safety of those three is of paramount importance. Charles, as the human decision maker, needs to take into account fatigue levels of the team and Jack. That's the main mistake he made, not accounting for Jack's fatigue level until after the river crossing when they thought they lost him.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 4:08 am

Krissy wrote:
I just read this book today.  Reading this book kind of makes me feel & Appreciate life today and all the stuff we have. Smile

The thing about Sunday's. How you did NO work or play during that day. Today society people don't really take Sundays as a day of rest anymore. People work still. Poor children must have been a long boring day for them. LOL

I can’t imagine no play. I’ll be bored out of my mind. They also have to be quiet, as well. They could look at the pictures in the Bible or was it animal picture book?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2