Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heath Ledger found dead

Go down 
+6
bethandmanly
pamh36
charles ingalls
Carol
Misti
Amy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Love-s10

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 11:45 am

Yeah, it was 6 bottles of prescription meds, and I know at least 3 were sleeping aides, maybe all. Interestingly, I heard an interview with Jack Nicholson saying that he warns people about 'Ambien', a sleeping aide, that it made him want to drive off a cliff.

The story is, the masseuse called Mary Kate because her # was probably one of the first on his cell. It sounds to me like the masseuse was trying to protect Heath's 'image', if he was just fine, and then the media got a hold of the paramedics being called and it all being blown out of proportion. But why did she think that it was HER job to worry about that? OR Mary Kate, for that matter, calling her security for crying out loud?! A man is unconscious. You call 911!!! No

I watched Entertainment Tonight last night (which I loathe...it's like picking up a National Enquirer...but I figured they might have some current 'news' on this), and actually they interviewed Shakur (I'm sorry, I forget his last name), who directed Heath in The Four Feathers, and he said that he talked to Heath the night before (or two nights before) his death. He said that Heath was 'evaluating his break-up', and that it was obvious that he was missing his daughter Matilda terribly. I thought that certainly shed a little light on what may have been another reason as to why he wasn't sleeping and needed aide.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 4:19 pm

i took ambein didn't do nothing to me... but i was under a drs care
i agree amy you call 9-1-1 if she done that he might of lived
i swear some people makes you wanna swear at them
it's her fault for calling mary kate twice... he took one worked for an hr
i know for a fact it's suppost to help you fall asleep
and stay asleep and stay alseep and wake up refeshed

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Amy wrote:

I watched Entertainment Tonight last night (which I loathe...it's like picking up a National Enquirer...but I figured they might have some current 'news' on this), ......

Oh man, I KNOW what you mean Amy!! "The Insider" is exactly the same... they treat it like a freaking movie promotion! Today I ate lunch here at work and watched 'The Insider' and it's just amazing how they blow things out of proportion w/ their slides/pics voice overs... this news will be talked about for days and days to come and more and more things will get digged up and talked about.. The Insider, Etertaiment Tonight can sure go overboard sometimes...

I like to watch TMZ better because they give you the news and don't over dramatize things too much...

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Yeah the Insider is like one big tabloid. They are so annoying. They ran the Anna Nicole thing into the ground before and after her death. They just needed to leave her alone.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 pm

A toucning little article. But it made me very sad. Blue

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1580371/20080125/story.jhtml

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 11:31 pm

this is soo sad!! why to young to die!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 12:58 am

I agree with you both, Carol and Amy, about the gossip shows. I try and stay away from them. They are just so sickening.

I heard that it took the masseuse 9 minutes to finally call 911. That is way too long. She should have tried whatever CPR she knew immediately (even though he was already dead) and at least made an effort.

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 HummerHeath Ledger found dead - Page 2 MistiKeeperHeath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Bookclub5Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 8:11 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Yeah the Insider is like one big tabloid. They are so annoying. They ran the Anna Nicole thing into the ground before and after her death. They just needed to leave her alone.

Yeah, the Insider is just way over the top. "This is Lara Spencer, and I'm standing outside the coffee shop where Heath Ledger ate his last meal...", and ""I'm outside the funeral home where Heath's body was taken after he died...". Come on, folks. I'm sorry he died and all. But really. I keep expecting them to say, "We'll provide 24-hour coverage with no commercial interruptions the day of the funeral." No
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Oh yeah, Rob...I think it was the Insider or Inside Edition or whatever that I was watching. All I can think of is the episode where Charles gets on his pulpit about the tabloid newspaper...is it the Pen and the Plow? Think so. Anyway, this is exactly the same thing....I actually felt dirty after watching that show!!Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 SuperNul07 Talk about having no respect for the dead. Or the family left behind. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 1:05 pm

you hit the nail on the head amy.. it's the pen and the plow

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh yeah, Rob...I think it was the Insider or Inside Edition or whatever that I was watching. All I can think of is the episode where Charles gets on his pulpit about the tabloid newspaper...is it the Pen and the Plow? Think so. Anyway, this is exactly the same thing....I actually felt dirty after watching that show!!Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 SuperNul07 Talk about having no respect for the dead. Or the family left behind. No

That's true. And they were also showing pics of Michelle Williams and their little girl in mourning in New York. How sick is that! banghead

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Did you all hear that Heath died of a drug overdose from being on to many meds? Poor guy, those doctors should be charged with involuntary manslaughter. All thge drugs he was on are narcotics. You NEVER give someone that many narcs at once!!! mad Ranting

(CNN) -- Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose of prescription medications including painkillers, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills, the New York City medical examiner's office said Wednesday.

Actor Heath Ledger, 28, died January 22 at an apartment in Lower Manhattan.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," the office said in a short statement.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

Hydrocodone and oxycodone are painkillers. Diazepam is an anti-anxiety drug commonly sold under the brand name Valium; alprazolam is also an anti-anxiety drug, sold under such names as Xanax. Temazepam, sold under such names as Restoril and Euhypnos, is a sleeping agent, as is doxylamine.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Who knows where he actually got the prescriptions from. I'm sure he didn't get all 6 from one doctor. He could have "borrowed" a couple of the prescriptions from friends.
My take on this: While it is sad that he died at such a young age, I don't feel sorry for him. He had to have known that he was playing with fire, and that taking 6 powerful meds at once couldn't be safe. He fathered a 2 year old daughter. Have some respect for her, and get your life together!! If he was feeling extremely stressed, how about taking a few months off from work, and relaxing. Maybe that would have helped him to cope better and gain some perspective on life. He didn't HAVE to play the Joker in the Batman movie. That was a big part of his stress right there.........playing such a dark and dismal character.
Bottom line..............he should have had more respect for his daughter, because now she is left with only vague memories of her father.
I'm tired of all of these actors/actresses becoming parents, and then totally screwing their lives up with drugs, and whatever else. Not to mention the impact it has on their poor innocent children.

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:21 pm

They were prescribed to him by different doctors from different countries. They should have seen it in his medical records. If they didn't check them because they were from different places, something NEEDS to be changed!

Oh know what you mean about certain actors and actresses having kids. When I found out that hugh commitment phobe Matthew Mcconaughey knocked his girlfriend up. I almost puked! He was all like this is wonderful I am so happy. Yeah ,like you life is gonna be better from here on out. Please buddy, just wait a few years and you won't even be with your floosey. mad

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:30 pm

LOL, Beckie!! My husband and I think that Matthew M. is such a dork!!

Of course the perfect example right now of a famous person who shouldn't have children is Britney Spears. Although I'm sick of hearing about her................what a mess she has made of her life!!

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Yeah he is a real goof, lol! Anybody that plays the bongos nude is a real nutjob, lol! ROTFL

Yeah she got pregnant with her second son when here and her hubby were starting to crack. It makes me so mad all these unfit people having kids and the ones that really want and deserve them can't. mad

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 11:53 pm

Teresa wrote:
Who knows where he actually got the prescriptions from. I'm sure he didn't get all 6 from one doctor. He could have "borrowed" a couple of the prescriptions from friends.
My take on this: While it is sad that he died at such a young age, I don't feel sorry for him. He had to have known that he was playing with fire, and that taking 6 powerful meds at once couldn't be safe. He fathered a 2 year old daughter. Have some respect for her, and get your life together!! If he was feeling extremely stressed, how about taking a few months off from work, and relaxing. Maybe that would have helped him to cope better and gain some perspective on life. He didn't HAVE to play the Joker in the Batman movie. That was a big part of his stress right there.........playing such a dark and dismal character.
Bottom line..............he should have had more respect for his daughter, because now she is left with only vague memories of her father.
I'm tired of all of these actors/actresses becoming parents, and then totally screwing their lives up with drugs, and whatever else. Not to mention the impact it has on their poor innocent children.
:agree: :goodjob:

Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 HummerHeath Ledger found dead - Page 2 MistiKeeperHeath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Bookclub5Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heath Ledger found dead   Heath Ledger found dead - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Heath Ledger found dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2