Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Someone is Posting under my Name

Go down 
+4
Savannah
Lily
flatbroke
JW
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Someone is Posting under my Name Happy011

Someone is Posting under my Name Empty
PostSubject: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Someone is Posting under my name I was never here yesterday and now i saw the Post Rhonda had Made about all of the events so i was gonna Look at it then is saw i had post already i look at the Date and that was Yeasterday but i was never on here yesterday and i don't type that perfect as it was type their What should i do? Nobody knows my Password here and only one of my Sister knows it well she did and she would never ever come on here under my name and Post something banghead

Someone is Posting under my Name Jacobk10Someone is Posting under my Name Jacob210
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Someone is Posting under my Name Party010

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:06 pm

If you know it wasn't you, you can have a mod delete it, then change your password.

An admin should also be able to tell if the IP was from your PC or somewhere else by checking the IP log.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Someone is Posting under my Name LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Someone is Posting under my Name Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:38 pm

I think it might be your sister playing with you. Wink

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Someone is Posting under my Name Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Someone is Posting under my Name Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 6:31 pm

It's okay, Jacob. If you look closely at the date, you posted that on March 1st 2007 in that thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 6:35 pm

One should never give out a password to a forum to anyone, not even a sibling. JMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Question   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 6:37 pm

I notice how some of you, when replying to a thread, use more than one quote when you reply. How do you do that?
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 6:38 pm

MonicaQuartermaineFan wrote:
One should never give out a password to a forum to anyone, not even a sibling. JMO.

I have all mine saved in my password manager on Firefox.

But I don't let anyone use the FF except me and the wife.

The rest have to suffer using IE. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Woah Thanks Savannah Monica Good Point but My Sister Would never Sign in here and Post stuff and She had to Help me Register that was a Loong time ago on the Old Forum I did't know much about forums i had only been to the other Old LHOTP Forum and that was Totally diffrent then this one

Someone is Posting under my Name Jacobk10Someone is Posting under my Name Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Wave
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Savannah wrote:
It's okay, Jacob. If you look closely at the date, you posted that on March 1st 2007 in that thread.

Good catch Savannah Thumbsup

Someone is Posting under my Name Horses10
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 7:57 pm

Carol wrote:

Good catch Savannah Thumbsup

Hi Carol! batEyes
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Don't answer him, Carol!! It's a trick!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 11:49 pm

We had so much trouble with people under other people's names, I think, 3 forums ago (we've moved around quite a bit!) There were even 2 Rhonda's at one point! Of course, only one of them was our Rhonda but it sure was a pain for her, b/c this other person was constantly posting with her name. That board wasn't as secure as this one, I don't think we even used passwords back then if I remember correctly. At one point, someone even made a post impersonating someone else, using my IP address so it looked like I was doing it! They were able to find it b/c the board wasn't as secure as this one. Luckily I'd been around long ago to have friends that knew otherwise. But I'm so thankful that this board is more secure. People love to create trouble and it's just very annoying when it happens to be at the one place you go to relax.

Someone is Posting under my Name ChristinaKeeper2 Someone is Posting under my Name 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 7:07 am

I think that was at the Bravenet site. I remember that.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Someone is Posting under my Name Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 8:38 am

When I posted the March calendar, I put at the top that I was updating the 2007 calendar.............sorry for the confusion.......I just couldn't see making up a whole new calendar and adding to the bulk of the forum.......sorry Jacob........no worries, it was you who posted, but it was LAST year's comment...... Whistle

Someone is Posting under my Name Rhonda10Someone is Posting under my Name Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 am

Yeah I Know Rhonda If i had Read it all the Way before i went down and saw my Post then i would't have freak out lol :fullmoon:

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:36 am

Jacob, I think you're a little young to be having a "senior moment". :haha: I'm glad the confusion was cleared up.

Someone is Posting under my Name PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:41 pm

I Know Pam It Always happens to the Young one lol ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone is Posting under my Name   Someone is Posting under my Name Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone is Posting under my Name
Page 1 of 1