Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Road to Avonlea

Go down 
+11
Amy
Misti
Prairie Dweller
emilyanneoftheprairie
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
bethandmanly
Savannah
LIWnut
EllieJane
JW
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I love Road to Avonlea! It's one of my favorite series. I'll have to admit, I like more than I like LHotP. ~ducks~

As was said earlier, the pilot is really the first episode in season one. What Jacob posted is the "The Journey Begins" (first episode) and "Proof the Pudding" (fifth? episode) combined into one episode. I checked it out of the library just to laugh at it! They took out Welsman's music and replaced it with the Gillis music!

I know what you mean by the Anne3 forum, though I wouldn't necessarily label it as not very friendly. Sometimes I think it's not very friendly... I remember thinking so when I joined in 2005 or was it 04... They go through streaks where there are some being unfriendly and argue over just about anything... :( and then the nicer people don't post as much! There's something wrong in that! grinsmiley

Well too bad the anne fourm could't be more like lhotp forum! nice and friendly people all the time!!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:23 am

thats the truth.

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Cute-2
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Carol wrote:
The DVDs are way too expensive which probably means not too many people buy them. Check with your library to see if you can rent them out first...

Also... with that price... the DVDs should have all of their scenes, opening theme songs... interviews, subtitles, alternate language and other extra features as well as the ability to transport or time travel to Avonlea... LOL

I know that this is an old post but I wanted to comment. I have 3 or 4 seasons of RTA on dvd that were put out my Sullivan Entertainment. As I was watching them, I noticed that there were EXTRA scenes that I had never seen before when they aired on tv. I taped each one as it was originally aired and these dvd's had other scenes that were new to me. I was thrilled. I suppose that Sullivan didn't cut enough for the airtime and the tv stations cut these scenes out. But on the Sullivan dvd's, they have been included.
My friend in Arizona bought the Disney copy of the show, remaned Tales From Avonlea. These are the dvd's that have the cut scenes. We would put our shows on at exactly the same time and my version always lasted at least 5 minutes more then hers. We cued each other through chat on msn messenger so we would start them at the exact time.
Soooo, if you want to see Raod To Avonlea, with not only whole shows but extra scenes, buy the Sullivan Entertainment editions. I know they are a little pricy but for this fan, it will give me years and years of entertainment that is family oriented, without swearing and an awesome story.
Happy viewing!!!
Marilyn

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 pm

If you have the original broadcasts taped from the Disney Channel, though, they contain all scenes. I know, because I borrowed the DVDs from the library, and checked. grinsmiley The Disney DVDs are edited - but the original broadcasts weren't.
For me, I find it a little obnoxious that Kevin Sullivan is charging SO much more money for a few minutes, knowing that the true fans are the ones who'll want it. (I mean, we're not talking a ten dollar or so difference here. Through the Sullivan Boutique, Season 7 alone costs $100! And there are only 13 episodes in that season. The Disney dvds cost much, much less. I think they're around $25 or so.) The fans are the ones who made him so famous, and so wealthy, and I believe he's forgotten that. Those few more minutes should be given to the fans at a reasonable price like every other show. But that's just my opinion. batEyes I won't buy them. But, I would highly recommend that people borrow them from the library, if they're available there. grinsmiley

Last edited by Savannah on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 pm

I agree 100%, Savannah. I have yet to sit through all the other movies, (I have seen scenes here and there on PBS, and wasn't terribly impressed), but I still would like to. I just watched three days of AOGG with the 7 year old girl I watch (we took a little break from Little House) and she loved it! I wasn't sure that she would. She loved the Anne & Gil storyline! She's SEVEN!!! Geesh, they start young these days, huh? Whistle Of course, this is the "Disney Channel" generation---she's in love with Zac Ephron (High School Musical batEyes ). I'm going to check to see if I can rent more Anne movies from the library! Good idea! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:50 pm

I've only seen the first disc of the first season so far...we got it from netflix.

I was a member of the Avonlea Fourm for a little while, too, but there are way to many members, way to many topics a day, and not so nice people. I think here you can still voice your opinions, but no one gets all hot if you do, and starts a big argument! There it was nearly ever topic for a while when I was a member. And then when it started getting hacked, I just quit bothering.
put I like LHOTP a LOT more than I do RTA. Or even AOGG. :lhotprules:

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Little
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey you all "Road to Avonlea" lovers... here are some news you might like Smile

Until December 4th, when you buy the first season of the new restored widescreen Road to Avonlea, you'll get the second season free! The beautifully restored picture, closed captioning and new special features make this the perfect gift for any fan of the show.

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 RTA12

Link: http://www.sullivanboutique.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=4488

*I wish they had a wide screen remastered version of AOGG, I'd buy it :)

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Oh, that's nice to know. Thanks for sharing.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh thanks telling us! I have to agree they did price the RTA dvds to high! but they were worth the money
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:54 am

I have to share, our dear sweet Kerissa sent me "An Avonlea Christmas" in the mail the other day!  Love  I have never seen it! I'm sure I will LOVE it. When we met a couple of months ago, she gave me season 3, because she had won it and already owned it...so nice of her! So far I just love this series...I just wish the dvds weren't so darned expensive! Huh? 

She also sent me a movie called ""By Way of the Stars", which is another Ken Sullivan production. Has anyone else seen that? It looks good! Thumbsup  Thank you again, Kerissa! Smiley Hug 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103378/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

I seem to love RTA more then LHOTP, Just can't express how much I adore this show. Love I just love the music from the show too. The DVDS are well worth the money. Smile 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:23 pm

I love the music too, Krissy. loveheart loveheart   And just the whole feel. I love Anne of Green Gables of course, but there is just something about the scenery of Avonlea. Love 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 pm

I love Road to Avonlea too. This show and I have a long history together but I don't have time to explain at the moment.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Amy wrote:
I have to share, our dear sweet Kerissa sent me "An Avonlea Christmas" in the mail the other day!  Love  I have never seen it!  I'm sure I will LOVE it.  When we met a couple of months ago, she gave me season 3, because she had won it and already owned it...so nice of her!  So far I just love this series...I just wish the dvds weren't so darned expensive! Huh? 

She also sent me a movie called ""By Way of the Stars", which is another Ken Sullivan production. Has anyone else seen that?  It looks good! Thumbsup  Thank you again, Kerissa! Smiley Hug 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103378/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"An Avonlea Christmas," which was originally titled "Happy Christmas, Miss King," is an annual seasonal selection for me. I love it. I hope you will too. I haven't seen the other movie yet.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Amy wrote:
I love the music too, Krissy. loveheart loveheart   And just the whole feel.  I love Anne of Green Gables of course, but there is just something about the scenery of Avonlea. Love 

Yes! It's just so beautiful. It makes you want to go to PEI.  Smiley Hug Smile 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:42 pm

I have a friend who works at Green Gables, we went to college together..

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:54 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I love Road to Avonlea too.  This show and I have a long history together but I don't have time to explain at the moment.

I'd love to hear when you get a chance! yes 

bethandmanly wrote:
"An Avonlea Christmas," which was originally titled "Happy Christmas, Miss King," is an annual seasonal selection for me. I love it. I hope you will too. I haven't seen the other movie yet.

I watched it last night and loved it! Sad in spots, but SO good! I just LOVED all the scenery! I love winter village scenes! I just wrote in another thread that I wish I lived in a village and everyone was driving horse drawn sleighs rather than cars! Wink 

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Yes! It's just so beautiful. It makes you want to go to PEI.  Smiley Hug Smile 

Oh, does it ever! My dream!! Love 

LIWnut wrote:
I have a friend who works at Green Gables, we went to college together..

Whoa, that WOULD be a dream come true, wouldn't it?! Wow!! Cloud 9 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:17 pm

I just watched it last night. I know on the Avonlea forum many people don't like it. I think it's rather better then LHOTP Christmas movie. I mean I wasn't thrilled with the war idea. But least on RTA it was more Christmas themed. They wore warm jackets. They had snow on the set. Sorry I don't mean to always compare the shows. I would have loved if K.S did more RTA movies. That been cool.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 pm

That was real snow, not the Hollywood fluff stuff. It's cold here in Toronto and I've seen pictures of the cast in their modern coats between takes.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:30 am

That is true. Very true it is cold here.

My mother brought my the DVD Set. They were a pretty penny. We ordered them from a store. That store is gone now, Also got a season from HMV. They were priced from $59.99 to maybe $79.00. Canadian dollars. I'm not sure if it's less money in the states. I watched the show on are Canadian channel. So it wasn't edited for me.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:36 pm

As i am watching season 5 i am reminded how Beautiful the scenery is. I really have to go to PEI someday yet  Love 

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Jacobk10Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:25 am

It sure does!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
My mother brought my the DVD Set. They were a pretty penny. We ordered them from a store. That store is gone now, Also got a season from HMV. They were priced from $59.99 to maybe $79.00. Canadian dollars. I'm not sure if it's less money in the states. I watched the show on are Canadian channel. So it wasn't edited for me.

I feel so fortunate....Jacob told me about season 1 & 2 being sold on christianbook.com for only $10 a piece (and free shipping) on Christmas day!! Considering the lowest I ever see these on sale for is $45.00, that was quite a deal!! Thanks again Jacob! I can't wait to receive them! (btw, are there any 'special features' included, does anyone know?)

JW wrote:
As i am watching season 5 i am reminded how Beautiful the scenery is. I really have to go to PEI someday yet  Love 

Ahh, yes. Love  Had you seen season 5 before or is this a first? Is it good so far?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 12:36 pm

I don't think there are any Special features but i could be wrong its been a while since i watched the first seasons.

Yes Amy its my first time watching season 5 i have seen one or two episodes before but most of them are new to me. It is VERY good so far. I just love it  Cloud 9 

Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Jacobk10Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 6:08 pm

The first three seasons of RTA are still on sale for $10, so I am picking them up. Thanks for letting me know.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Road to Avonlea
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next