Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to be the Perfect Wife

Go down 
+10
Misti
Carol
Amy
Alice
Teresa
Savannah
pamh36
Rhonda
Farmer Girl
Rob
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Happy010

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:11 pm

:Hahaha: Carol!!

I agree that feminism didn't change everything for the better. It seems like the idea was that ALL of the old ways had to be thrown out, just because some of them were no longer working. Manners and general, common courtesy seemed to go out the door, too. Men, in general, are afraid to hold the door open for a lady, for fear that they'll offend. And many women seem to think that to prove that they're just as good as a man, they have to act just like a man. It's so messed up. And so many of the old-fashioned ideas that really did work, are just thrown away now. Not because they didn't work, but because they're just old-fashioned. A person doesn't have to be married to know that a marriage can't survive and thrive with just one of the people doing all of the work. It has to be a true partnership of love and respect.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
A person doesn't have to be married to know that a marriage can't survive and thrive with just one of the people doing all of the work. It has to be a true partnership of love and respect.

:yeahthat:

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Rhonda10How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Oh, Lily...I missed your post earlier. Thanks so much for that very sweet compliment! :shy: I really wasn't fishing for one, just wanted to give an example of what I think 'works'. Wink

Savannah, I couldn't agree with your post more! Thumbsup Well said! Applause

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Great post, Savannah. You are most wise. Applause

Amy wrote:
always remember to be a little 'gay' when your husband comes home after all long day at work!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Accord07 grinsmiley

That would definitely get his attention. :idance:
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 10:28 pm

ROTFL Carol!! Love the picture.

Well said, Savannah. I know a lot of married folks nowadays tend to live as if they're still single. When you're married, you have to be willing to make some sacrifices and accommodate each other. You can't expect the other person to change his/her living arrangment for you if you're not willing to make some changes for him/her. For example, women always want men to leave the toilet seat down, but men think that women should leave the seat up. So, what do you do? Maybe both should accommodate the other, or just what's the big deal? If it's up, put it down, if it's down, put it up. Think of this marriage is a lifetime thing, might as well get use to these little nonsense. :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."

Last edited by Lily on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 10:30 pm

Lily wrote:
For example, women always want men to leave the toilet seat down, but men think that women should leave the seat up. So, what do you do? Maybe both should accommodate the other, or just what's the big deal? If it's up, put it down, if it's down, put it up. Think of this marriage is a lifetime thing, might as well get use to it. :haha:

If you have a cat named Opie who loves to see if his toys float. . . . . It's a big deal. grinsmiley

And thank you all for your kind comments. :shy:
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Savannah wrote:
Lily wrote:
For example, women always want men to leave the toilet seat down, but men think that women should leave the seat up. So, what do you do? Maybe both should accommodate the other, or just what's the big deal? If it's up, put it down, if it's down, put it up. Think of this marriage is a lifetime thing, might as well get use to it. :haha:

If you have a cat named Opie who loves to see if his toys float. . . . . It's a big deal. grinsmiley

...except if you have a cat named Opie... grinsmiley

In my house, we always keep the seat cover down closed because I once read that when you flushed your toilet, the germs can shoot up 20 feet in the air. YIKES!!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 10:37 pm

I read that, too, Lily!! :gross:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 11:52 pm

ROTFL I'll be "gay" all right...and if he does something to make me mad I'll be "gay" right upside his head with a frying pan! Frying pan

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 HummerHow to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 MistiKeeperHow to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Bookclub5How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:31 am

OMG, Carol that reminds me of a Martha Stewart show I happened to catch one day where she was teaching her viewers how to iron a shirt.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 7:51 am

bethandmanly wrote:
OMG, Carol that reminds me of a Martha Stewart show I happened to catch one day where she was teaching her viewers how to iron a shirt.

YES!! Or the Oprah she came on and taught everyone how to 'properly' put the sheets on the bed! Whistle

And LOL Lily...that 'leaving the toilet seat up' thing just wouldn't fly in my house! Fact is, we girls are the ones who run the risk of falling IN to the toilet!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Toilette05 (Lord knows with a house full of boys, I speak from experience here grinsmiley ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 8:05 am

ROTFL Amy!! I just pictured you that!! :Hahaha:

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 8:56 am

Savannah wrote:

Same thing at our house. Except that our kitty thinks she's a dog and she likes to drink out of the toilet as well.

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:00 am

Amy wrote:
Fact is, we girls are the ones who run the risk of falling IN to the toilet!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Toilette05 .

There's nothing worse than feeling that cold, slimy porcelain in the middle of the night, when you are half asleep and grasping for anything to keep from going in. I'm never very happy after that experience. mad

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:05 am

Lily wrote:
In my house, we always keep the seat cover down closed because I once read that when you flushed your toilet, the germs can shoot up 20 feet in the air. YIKES!!

I read that too a while back and if they can shoot up 20 feet in the air... just remember the toothbrushes are nearby! lol :faint2:

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Amy wrote:
Fact is, we girls are the ones who run the risk of falling IN to the toilet!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Toilette05 (Lord knows with a house full of boys, I speak from experience here grinsmiley ).
ROTFL More so in my household, since (indoors) I'm the only female, human wise!

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 HummerHow to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 MistiKeeperHow to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Bookclub5How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:19 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Fact is, we girls are the ones who run the risk of falling IN to the toilet!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Toilette05 .

There's nothing worse than feeling that cold, slimy porcelain in the middle of the night, when you are half asleep and grasping for anything to keep from going in. I'm never very happy after that experience. mad

ROTFL Been there, definitely done that! ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 pm

pamh36 wrote:
There's nothing worse than feeling that cold, slimy porcelain in the middle of the night,

ROTFL I have to say that this is on my list of "Bad Things to Experience" - Sitting on a COLD toilet seat. lol

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Smiley_shocked

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Misti wrote:
Amy wrote:
Fact is, we girls are the ones who run the risk of falling IN to the toilet!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Toilette05 (Lord knows with a house full of boys, I speak from experience here grinsmiley ).
ROTFL More so in my household, since (indoors) I'm the only female, human wise!

LOL, me too Misti! I just meant 'we girls' as us a sex, in general. Wink

And yes, Pam...oh YES...the middle of the night has is the worst!!! mad

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Rob wrote:
Great post, Savannah. You are most wise. Applause

Amy wrote:
always remember to be a little 'gay' when your husband comes home after all long day at work!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Accord07 grinsmiley

That would definitely get his attention. :idance:

ROTFL I'm sure it would.

Savannah, I couldn't agree with your post more. Thumbsup

How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:53 am

Eh, finding the right wife is easy. Heck, I've done it three times.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:43 am

Larry!!How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 MDR59

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:29 am

flatbroke wrote:
Eh, finding the right wife is easy. Heck, I've done it three times.

Do they more perfect each time around? :think:

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to be the Perfect Wife   How to be the Perfect Wife - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to be the Perfect Wife
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2