Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One of the Beatles Died

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : One of the Beatles Died Happy011

One of the Beatles Died Empty
PostSubject: One of the Beatles Died   One of the Beatles Died EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:45 am

Neil Aspinall has Died at the age of 66 years old i think. I don't know the Beatles very well But i have heard some songs they wrote cause of American Idol and I know here are some Big Fans

Neil Aspinall, who has died aged 66, was the Beatles' original road manager and went on to run the group's business empire for 40 years; he became their chief confidant and, although not the only contender for the title of the fifth Beatle, perhaps deserved the accolade more than most.3
For some 20 years following the break-up of the group in 1970, Aspinall applied his astute business acumen to fighting lawsuits on their behalf and unravelling the tangled skein of their financial affairs. His flair for figures helped to transform them into the wealthiest entertainers in the world, with a estimated combined fortune of £2 billion
A notoriously reclusive accountant, Aspinall made a rare public appearance last year in the course of a lengthy legal dispute involving Apple Corps, the Beatles' business organisation, which he joined during its chaotic launch in the late 1960s.

But a matter of weeks after settling the row with the Apple computer firm over the use of a trademark, Aspinall abruptly resigned as chief executive, reportedly frustrated that the band's musical legacy was being compromised in the quest for profits.

One of his last tasks as their eminence grise had been to remaster the group's back catalogue for legal downloading on the internet. Aspinall's involvement with the Beatles dated from 1960 when the group's original drummer, Pete Best, asked him to become their driver.

Although he protested when Best (his best friend) was replaced by Ringo Starr, he remained with the band, and when a brawny Cavern Club bouncer called Mal Evans was taken on in 1963 to hump their instruments in and out of their battered Commer van, Aspinall found himself in the role of personal assistant.

advertisement
As such, he became the Beatles' gatekeeper, guardian of their privacy, security, secrets, and eventually the group's fortunes, over which, as managing director of Apple from January 1968, he exercised a shrewd stewardship. A quietly-spoken but tough negotiator, he was credited with having - single-handedly - turned the Beatles into the world's highest-earning band and, by extension, one of its biggest brands.

In the mid-1960s, at the height of Beatlemania, Aspinall's responsibilities as the group's road manager extended far beyond checking their equipment, stage costumes, meals, venues and accommodation: with Mal Evans, he judiciously vetted the groupies, and saw to the day-to-day needs of the Beatles themselves as they were shuttled from plane to limousine to hotel. "It was an unattractive life," he admitted, "and it went on for years. But at least I could go out. They were trapped." He even stood in for George Harrison, when the guitarist was ill, at a camera rehearsal for the band's first appearance on American television.

Aspinall's role changed dramatically with the death of the Beatles'

One of the Beatles Died Jacobk10One of the Beatles Died Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : One of the Beatles Died Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: One of the Beatles Died   One of the Beatles Died EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks for posting this, Jacob. I think most hardcore Beatle fans remember Neil Aspinall and Mal Evans.

As I recall, Mal died back in the '70s. He was cremated and his ashes were shipped back to England... and were promptly lost in the mail. John Lennon said he must've ended up in the dead letter office. Whistle
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: One of the Beatles Died   One of the Beatles Died EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:00 pm

You scared the crap out of me! bawling He wasn't one of the Beatles. He just worked with them.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: One of the Beatles Died   One of the Beatles Died EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Oh sorry Beckie i Would't know the Diffrence i did't even notice that he only work with them I'm Very Sorry

One of the Beatles Died Jacobk10One of the Beatles Died Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: One of the Beatles Died   One of the Beatles Died EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm

JW wrote:
Oh sorry Beckie i Would't know the Diffrence i did't even notice that he only work with them I'm Very Sorry

It's ok, you didn't know. Cool

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: One of the Beatles Died   One of the Beatles Died EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Yes, I'm officially old....especially when you hear about someone who has "heard" of the Beatles...Only two of them are left from the group....

One of the Beatles Died KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of the Beatles Died   One of the Beatles Died Empty

Back to top Go down

One of the Beatles Died
Page 1 of 1